Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-20, 04:17 PM   #1
rich9000
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Icon1 SH5 - The Wolves of Steel/Bugs?

Hey all!

Just had a few quick questions regarding the amazing SH5 mod The Wolves of Steel.

#1 - After completing the first mission of sinking any Polish warships, aka the Polish flagged Wickes-class destroyer as well the minelayer ORP Gryf 1936 class I couldn't find the next mission marker after docking at Kiel and resupplying the boat.

#2 - At distances of ca 5km+ some ships look like they are all ready halfway under water for some odd reason.

This is the only real bug like problems that I have encountered. Would be great to hear what you experienced old sea dogs think about this! Thanks in advance.
rich9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 07:46 PM   #2
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich9000 View Post
Hey all!

Just had a few quick questions regarding the amazing SH5 mod The Wolves of Steel.

#1 - After completing the first mission of sinking any Polish warships, aka the Polish flagged Wickes-class destroyer as well the minelayer ORP Gryf 1936 class I couldn't find the next mission marker after docking at Kiel and resupplying the boat.

#2 - At distances of ca 5km+ some ships look like they are all ready halfway under water for some odd reason.

This is the only real bug like problems that I have encountered. Would be great to hear what you experienced old sea dogs think about this! Thanks in advance.
For number one, you should sink the destroyers and recieve an order to head to Kiel for new orders. When you dock in Kiel, you shouldn't see any missions available on the Mission Selecting Map (depending on the date you dock at Kiel) and when you depart Kiel for your second patrol, you should see two missions available. Forgive me if I misunderstood your question, It didn't make much sense, I tried my best.

For number two, its not a bug. Its just how the boats appear on the horizon. The closer you get, the larger the boat appears.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 02:47 AM   #3
rich9000
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
For number one, you should sink the destroyers and recieve an order to head to Kiel for new orders. When you dock in Kiel, you shouldn't see any missions available on the Mission Selecting Map (depending on the date you dock at Kiel) and when you depart Kiel for your second patrol, you should see two missions available. Forgive me if I misunderstood your question, It didn't make much sense, I tried my best.

For number two, its not a bug. Its just how the boats appear on the horizon. The closer you get, the larger the boat appears.

Sorry If I was a bit unclear, but yes I did mean that after docking at Kiel on way back from my first patrol a new mission marker did not appear on the Mission Selecting Map. The date is Sep 2, 1939.

The first thought I had regarding my second question was in fact that it had to have been the effect of the horizon and earths curvature that made the ships look like that at distance. Just always assumed the distance had to be greater for it to show like that.

Thanks again Beast!
Old 07-26-20, 02:47 AM   #4
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Like this?

I noticed the same bug outside of the game, so it's certainly not caused by TWoS.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 05:12 AM   #5
rich9000
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Like this?

I noticed the same bug outside of the game, so it's certainly not caused by TWoS.

Haha. Exactly like that. Thanks for the pic, I must have thought the earth was flat or something!
Old 07-26-20, 08:31 AM   #6
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Sorry If I was a bit unclear, but yes I did mean that after docking at Kiel on way back from my first patrol a new mission marker did not appear on the Mission Selecting Map. The date is Sep 2, 1939.

The first thought I had regarding my second question was in fact that it had to have been the effect of the horizon and earths curvature that made the ships look like that at distance. Just always assumed the distance had to be greater for it to show like that.

Thanks again Beast!
The new missions appear on Sep. 4, 1939, I believe. So make your way to the North Sea and the new missions should appear in two days.

And You're welcome!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 02:43 AM   #7
Luciferret
Nub

Downloads: 18
Default Im going tp revive this thread for the horizon thingy.

Hello all.

Im back for the second time for this series, now with SH5. Ive been training few weeks now by reading through web sites and looking youtube tutorials on every aspect of this game and finally its paying off. Far more than it was back in the days with SH3.

So, as im progressing the details of running my sub, smaller things start to catch my eyes. One of them is why ships seems to "sink" in the water BEFORE horizon. Shouldnt i be looking blue sky behind the three ships, not grey sea?

Heres a screenshot what i mean.

Luciferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 04:02 PM   #8
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

Everything works great for me. Only thing i notice is the planes do not drop their bombs. Could have sworn i read this somewhere before but not sure. I've been on and off SH series for so long.
Old 11-30-20, 07:26 PM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Luciferret!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 10:02 PM   #10
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 7

I do have a issue with SH5 namely that sometimes when i load the game back up i switch speeds and the submarine goes to 0 and never moves again

i have had this happen several times i have tried surfacing and submerging same problem i can call down flank and nothing.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 06:18 PM   #11
Sickents
Watch

Downloads: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
I do have an issue with SH5 namely that sometimes when I load the game back up I switch speeds and the submarine goes to 0 and never moves again

I have had this happen several times I have tried surfacing and submerging the same problem I can call down flank and nothing.
I have the same issue at times, about 0 to 2 mins after loading a save game, I have an idea that it is caused by TC, still testing, but the fix is simple, exit to menu and reload the save.

I have never had it happen after 2 mins of loading into the game
Sickents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 05:04 AM   #12
Damnman
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciferret View Post
Hello all.

Im back for the second time for this series, now with SH5. Ive been training few weeks now by reading through web sites and looking youtube tutorials on every aspect of this game and finally its paying off. Far more than it was back in the days with SH3.

So, as im progressing the details of running my sub, smaller things start to catch my eyes. One of them is why ships seems to "sink" in the water BEFORE horizon. Shouldnt i be looking blue sky behind the three ships, not grey sea?

Heres a screenshot what i mean.

Hello. Did you solve this problem with half-sinked ships on the horizon?

Last edited by Damnman; 04-25-21 at 07:45 AM.
Damnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 02:55 PM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Damnman!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 12:57 PM   #14
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338

Quote:
Hey all!

Firstly, our planet has the shape of a ball, and secondly, take into account the height and movement of waves.
Old 07-24-22, 12:59 PM   #15
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Like this?

Good photo, kapuhy!

Tags
bugs, silent hunter 5, wolves of steel