Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-19, 01:01 PM   #1
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0
Default Lat Long Tool IN TWOS

Hello all

In my gameplay settings, I have the ghost ship turned off on my map. There is a tool that is similar to the grid tool that when the BDU instructs you to go to a certain grid, for example, "AF3820" it is used to mark that location were you will patrol.

However, another tool is used for celestial navigation, which has LAT LONG etc, As I said before I have my ghost ship icons turned off. Often I will get a report, not in my dialogue box, but in my captain's notices (Grey), that an enemy convoy is heading NNW, at 6kts, Latitude 23.07& longitude 70.01, I have the lat-long enabled on my map but when I plot the lat-long for that convoy on the map. it often is not very accurate. So just by experimenting. I will use the Lat-long tool. to perhaps attempt to plot where the location of the convoy is. the question is is there any tutorials or forum post that explain the use of this tool?

Thanks for your help

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 08:23 PM   #2
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Default HELP HELP LOL

Been searching high and low for this MOD .... please watch the video & if you know where to locate this mod please post it Thank you

I am using TWOS

Bstanko6's tutorial on Lat long

Old 03-12-19, 09:20 PM   #3
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Default Found it !!

Here is the one degree Lat long Map cursor D/L Link

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5102

Old 03-13-19, 12:50 AM   #4
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_AJ View Post
Here is the one degree Lat long Map cursor D/L Link

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5102

the coordinates look something like this 24°47'28", 24 degree and 47 min and 28 sec East... in game will looke like 24°47′E so the deegre is only 24... 47 is minutes
1 degree are 60 min.
what has " ' " it's not degree they are minutes... and " are seconds not degree

Just like there are 60 minutes in 1 hour, there are 60 minutes in 1 degree of latitude. Note that a minute in regards to latitude is a distance rather than a time.

in other hand u are at 94 km from the 24 degree Longitude in game ...
in SH5 1 degree = 120 km and 1 min = 2 km

in real life it's a bit more complicated

AT THE EQUATOR
One degree of latitude = 110.57 km or 68.71 mi
One minute of latitude = 1.84 km or 1.15 mi
One second of latitude = 30.72 m or 100.77 ft
One degree of longitude = 111.32 km or 69.17 mi
One minute of longitude = 1.86 km or 1.15 mi
One second of longitude = 30.92 m or 101.45 ft

AT LATITUDE 40 DEGREES (NORTH OR SOUTH)
One degree of latitude = 111.03 km or 68.99 mi
One minute of latitude = 1.85 km or 1.15 mi.
One degree of longitude = 85.39 km or 53.06 mi
One minute of longitude = 1.42 km or .88 mi
One second of longitude = 23.72 m or 77.82 ft

AT LATITUDE 80 DEGREES (NORTH OR SOUTH)
One degree of latitude = 111.66 km or 69.38 mi
One minute of latitude = 1.86 km or 1.16 mi
One second of latitude = 31.02 m or 101.76 ft
One degree of longitude = 19.39 km or 12.05 mi
One minute of longitude = .32 km or .20 mi
One second of longitude = 5.39 m or 17.67 ft

AT THE POLES
One degree of latitude = 111.69 km or 69.40 mi
One minute of latitude = 1.86 km or 1.16 mi
One second of latitude = 31.03 m or 101.79 ft

Last edited by Sjizzle; 03-13-19 at 01:36 AM.
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-19, 02:14 AM   #5
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Default Thank you

Respectfully Sizzle, this chart that you made is very confusing for me... The latter chart is plainly a lot simpler. I read and re-read your reply and it is not clicking very clearly for me, However, I downloaded and installed the map that is shown in bstankos6 tutorial. I installed per the instructions using JGSME and to no avail, I am still getting the chart that you made. I went to the file directory and tried to figure out what was not working. I did not see anything that was wrong . Looked options file editor and saw no changes can be changed. As in the first topic in my post. I was asking for a tutorial not knowing that there was another option for this tool. I would like to learn more about how to use your tool and will appreciate a more clear explanation of how to use,

2 things , here

1. How to use your tool
2. How to get the tool shown in bstankos video to work in my current copy of SH5

Thank you -- AJ

Old 03-13-19, 03:25 AM   #6
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Respectfully Sizzle, this chart that you made is very confusing for me... The latter chart is plainly a lot simpler. I read and re-read your reply and it is not clicking very clearly for me, However, I downloaded and installed the map that is shown in bstankos6 tutorial. I installed per the instructions using JGSME and to no avail, I am still getting the chart that you made. I went to the file directory and tried to figure out what was not working. I did not see anything that was wrong . Looked options file editor and saw no changes can be changed. As in the first topic in my post. I was asking for a tutorial not knowing that there was another option for this tool. I would like to learn more about how to use your tool and will appreciate a more clear explanation of how to use,

2 things , here

1. How to use your tool
2. How to get the tool shown in bstankos video to work in my current copy of SH5

Thank you -- AJ
relax m8

the marinequadrat grid charts is to find out where is the lates 2 numbers from a grid for example BF9156

as u see in foto the grid 56 is in the middle square to the right of 50 where is 6
each big square has 9 small ones with numbers in it...
the top left is from 11 to 19
the top middle is from 21 - 29
top left one is from 31 - 39
middle left one is from 41 - 49
the middle one is 51 - 59
the middle left one 61 - 69
the buttom rigth 71 - 79
the buttom middle 81-89
the buttom left 91 - 99

this is how u find out where u need to go when u get a mission like "go and patrol grid BF9156"... the map show u only BF91 u need to place the grin in the square or rectangular where is BF91 and find out where is 56

and the other one is for minutes for celestial navigation...i know that one for celestial navigation it's confusing one... i didn't added graduations for each minutes i added for each 10 min...
as i have said in my post above 1 min = 2km on the Sh5 map... 1 degree = 120 km..

so for example 24°47′E

47′E that's mean 47 minutes or 94km ( 47 x 2 = 94 ) away do east or do west in our chase do East from the 24° degree line
between 24°' and 25° are 120 km on SH5 map
between 24° and 24°59' are 118 km

if u wanna use bstankos tool download it from that download provided by u and replace my chart from TWoS...u can find all charts in \data\Menu\gui\userchart
i think that vecko renamed all the charts... u need to find which one is from there and replace it

if u wanna

Last edited by Sjizzle; 03-13-19 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-13-19, 04:54 PM   #7
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Default Thank you Again

Hello Sizzle ,

I found the chart listed as uc49 and yours is UC 13 the size difference is huge, uc49 is 341kb and yours, uc13 is 64.1 kb. How do I change a setting where I can use uc49 instead of your chart? what else must I do to effect that change? I tried to rename the DDS file yours, to uc49 and the chart I want to use too uc13, it does not work. and I still get your chart showing up is there anything that I must do to have that chart to be the replacement for yours? Again thank you for your help JGSME does not work

Old 03-13-19, 06:13 PM   #8
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

I should do a video for the light grid.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-19, 07:36 PM   #9
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
I should do a video for the light grid.
Would be appreciated

Old 03-13-19, 11:35 PM   #10
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Check out my school thread!

bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-19, 12:45 AM   #11
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Check out my school thread!

nice one...
Old 03-14-19, 12:51 AM   #12
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Hello Sizzle ,

I found the chart listed as uc49 and yours is UC 13 the size difference is huge, uc49 is 341kb and yours, uc13 is 64.1 kb. How do I change a setting where I can use uc49 instead of your chart? what else must I do to effect that change? I tried to rename the DDS file yours, to uc49 and the chart I want to use too uc13, it does not work. and I still get your chart showing up is there anything that I must do to have that chart to be the replacement for yours? Again thank you for your help JGSME does not work
just rename your 1 degree cursor as uc49 and replace my chart ...the size difference come's from that i saved my one as .dds DXT3 explicit Alpha
Old 03-14-19, 12:31 PM   #13
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Default Light Grid I understand

Thank you bstanko6 for your videos & Sizzle for your replies I do know and understand the light grid usage. but again getting convoy reports from BDU that do not show up in the dialogue box with coordinates that say .. enemy convoy 52'6n 28.20 w going 6 knots the use of sizzles tool is very confusing for me, while the tool that you are using is very simple .. I been sending messages to you asking how I can change that so that I can use what you show in your tutorial about lat- long . I have the default TWOS lat-long tool, that sizzle made for TWOS

Example: the lat-long with numbers is Different and your interface is different than Sjizzles defaulted in TWOS

adding it by JGSME does not work or re-naming the UC DDS files also do not work is there something else in a file that will change this? Perhaps a configuration file?

Old 03-14-19, 01:09 PM   #14
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Thank you bstanko6 for your videos & Sizzle for your replies I do know and understand the light grid usage. but again getting convoy reports from BDU that do not show up in the dialogue box with coordinates that say .. enemy convoy 52'6n 28.20 w going 6 knots the use of sizzles tool is very confusing for me, while the tool that you are using is very simple .. I been sending messages to you asking how I can change that so that I can use what you show in your tutorial about lat- long . I have the default TWOS lat-long tool, that sizzle made for TWOS

Example: the lat-long with numbers is Different and your interface is different than Sjizzles defaulted in TWOS

adding it by JGSME does not work or re-naming the UC DDS files also do not work is there something else in a file that will change this? Perhaps a configuration file?
i just installed TWoS... go to Silent Hunter 5\data\UserCharts there is a .dds file named grid.dds that's that file which u need to replace it...
so rename the 1 degree map cursor which one u wish to use to grid.dds and replace my one... so now for radio msg from the game they are only fictive reports to add a bit more life to game so do not bother to much with them...
Old 03-14-19, 04:08 PM   #15
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
i just installed TWoS... go to Silent Hunter 5\data\UserCharts there is a .dds file named grid.dds that's that file which u need to replace it...
so rename the 1 degree map cursor which one u wish to use to grid.dds and replace my one... so now for radio msg from the game they are only fictive reports to add a bit more life to game so do not bother to much with them...
THANK YOU Kuleun Sjizzle &bastanko6 .................its working

Last edited by Captain_AJ; 03-14-19 at 05:27 PM.