Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-22, 08:36 AM   #8386
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

^ @ catfish. All good points. I think the reluctance you speak of has to do with the Slavic culture the Ukraine shares with Russia. It's just my opinion but I think the Ukraine just wants Russia gone and really not interested in killing Russians, unless it is to protects their homes, wives and children and their country. We can all understand that.
Old 11-23-22, 08:38 AM   #8387
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/22/e...ntl/index.html

It may be Boris "the Clown" Johnson speaking, but his comments sound absolutely credible to me. Especially regarding Berlin and Paris.

The pro-Russian attitude in large parts of the political left in Germany still persists. The balance of sympathies slowly shifts against Ukraine in Germany. Puplic opinion is in a slow but constant slide away from Ukraine, and towards Russia. Some is due to economic opporutnism. Much is due to felt sentiments and the unwillingness to question long held own illusions.
Then I can inform you that it isn't just the political left who are pro-Russian Even many of my friend on the political right is pro-Russian. Only different could be how they see Putin. Those on the right think he is a statesman of format and (Conspiracy warning)they are convinced Putin is fighting against WEF and the new world order.

A word about support of the two combatant
We a majority of us support Ukraine more or less-
Those who support Russia and Putin-Should perhaps find other places on the web where similar people is.
They are welcome to post their standpoint here-however they must be advised that their comment isn't gonna be unanswered-Far from it.

That's how I see it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 11-23-22, 08:41 AM   #8388
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

I'm FRENCH, and I'm neither pro-Russian, neither pro-Ukrainian, just an European in the middle, just adding other infos!

I believed we are in democratie, NO ?. I'm flattered you waste your time with these lot of comments about me !?

Zelensky trapped by Moscow and Washington

https://en.reseauinternational.net/z...et-washington/

Last edited by Exocet25fr; 11-23-22 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-23-22, 08:50 AM   #8389
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

A couple of new points to ponder:

Consider the messages and the timing.

I'm not saying either view is right or wrong, just consider what they're saying.
Old 11-23-22, 09:14 AM   #8390
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet25fr View Post
I'm FRENCH, and I'm neither pro-Russian, neither pro-Ukrainian, just an European in the middle, just adding other infos!

I believed we are in democratie, NO ?. I'm flattered you waste your time with these lot of comments about me !?

Quote:
reseauinternational.net
A website that frequently shares conspiracy theories and false
international news
, often drawn from sites known for publishing
propaganda and misinformation.

https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-con...lnet-label.pdf

Great source you have there bud.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 11-23-22, 09:16 AM   #8391
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
If you say so. Sometimes you sound like a russian bot
Are you living in a democray? If you are in Paris, yes.
Not if in Moscow.

The links you recently posted are not worth looking at.

"Resau international" is
"a website that frequently shares conspiracy theories and false
international news, often drawn from sites known for publishing
propaganda and misinformation

ReseauInternational.net does not disclose its ownership.
According to registration records at the French Registry
of Commerce and Companies (Registre du commerce et
des sociétés), Réseau International is owned by a
Mauritanian-born French entrepreneur based in
Bordeaux named Sy Abou."

"ReseauInternational.net articles are republished from
sites that promote Russian and Chinese government
views, including the Russian-state run outlets RT and
Sputnik, pro-Russian news website Strategika51.org, the
anglophone website of the Chinese Communist Party
newspaper People's Daily, and German antiestablishment video site KLA.tv.
"

https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-con...lnet-label.pdf

edit: August just beat me to it

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 11-23-22 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-23-22, 09:54 AM   #8392
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

Everyone has their sources!, maybe mines disturbs the single thought!?

I don't force you to read....! I don't really trust in your sources (Saddan weapon of mass destruction) , but I read them to make my own opinion....!

Ignorant tools = Conspiracy
Old 11-23-22, 09:54 AM   #8393
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 11-23-22, 10:31 AM   #8394
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:

Yes here in the West we have democracy and then we have SubSim rules.
You have free speech-to a certain limits here on this forum.

We, well I certainly have huge problems believe what comes from Putins mouth and/or from Russian news agencies

Ukraine, a country who possess no threat to neither Russia, Europe or the world-Nevertheless Putin wanted Ukraine and invaded the country.

What makes me happy is that the Ruskies is getting a good old
days spanking.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 11-23-22, 10:41 AM   #8395
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/22/e...ntl/index.html

It may be Boris "the Clown" Johnson speaking, but his comments sound absolutely credible to me. Especially regarding Berlin and Paris.

The pro-Russian attitude in large parts of the political left in Germany still persists. The balance of sympathies slowly shifts against Ukraine in Germany. Puplic opinion is in a slow but constant slide away from Ukraine, and towards Russia. Some is due to economic opporutnism. Much is due to felt sentiments and the unwillingness to question long held own illusions.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 11-23-22, 11:54 AM   #8396
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Die Welt:

---------------

The EU Parliament declares Moscow a state supporter of terrorism. It is more than a strong signal. The way to confiscate Russian funds frozen in the EU is now to be paved - for the reconstruction of Ukraine.

Russia on Wednesday took a step further on the road to becoming an international pariah state. In a very far-reaching joint resolution, the European Parliament branded Russia's massive attacks on Ukrainian civilians and civilian infrastructure as "acts of terrorism" and recognized Russia as a "state supporter of terrorism and a state that uses terrorist means." The EU parliament thus follows the example of Poland and the Baltic states, whose deputies had also previously declared Russia a terrorist state.

Russian officials had said publicly in recent weeks that their massive bombing campaign against critical infrastructure in Ukraine, which constitute serious war crimes, were aimed at forcing the Ukrainian leadership to negotiate according to Russian guidelines. One of the classic definitions of terrorism defines it as, among other things, acts of intimidation of the population to achieve political goals, which in fact seems to fit precisely Russian attacks on civilian targets that do not follow any military logic.

The non-binding decision of the European Parliament is an important symbolic act that sheds further light on the criminal nature of the Russian regime. But what does it mean in practice? Unlike in the U.S. or Canada, no states in the EU are yet on the Commission's terror list.

The Parliament has therefore called on the Commission and EU member states to create a legal framework to declare countries terrorist states, which would then "trigger a number of significant, restrictive measures against these countries and which would have profound consequences for EU relations with these countries," according to this resolution. In the case of Russia, the Parliament is also concerned, among other things, with creating legal grounds for seizing frozen Russian funds in Europe to be used to repair war damage in Ukraine.

In fact, the EU is lagging far behind on these issues - behind the U.S., for example. There, four states are already on the list of terror sponsors. One of the consequences of this is that the international immunity of these states from U.S. courts is limited and victims of terrorist acts can sue the perpetrators of these acts. The same applies to Canada, which has now also created a legal basis for the seizure of frozen Russian funds. There is nothing comparable in the EU so far.

International law and international adjudication practice have built up a high hurdle for the seizure of funds from foreign states that are traditionally considered immune. Designation as a terrorist state seeks to undermine this tradition, following a legal philosophy that can be roughly summarized as follows: A state that uses terrorist means is clearly and gravely beyond the norms of international law-and therefore should not be allowed to claim the protection of those norms. However, even the U.S. government has so far refused to officially place Russia on the list of terrorist states.

The European Parliament, on the other hand, is now calling on the Commission and member states to "work towards the creation of a comprehensive international compensation mechanism," and it is calling on the Commission and national parliaments to create a legal regime that would allow for the confiscation of Russian assets frozen by the EU to be used to repair the damage caused by Russia's war in Ukraine and to compensate victims of Russian aggression. The Commission and the Council should develop specific legal instruments along the lines of the US, which are currently lacking in the EU, said former Lithuanian Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius, Parliament's Russia rapporteur, for example.

Meanwhile, the EU Commission has announced that it will take at least a small step in this direction. Justice Commissioner Didier Reynders said in the Irish Times that the Commission would present a directive in a few days that would make it possible to confiscate frozen assets of companies or individuals that have violated the EU's anti-Russia sanctions. That would affect a large chunk of nearly 18 billion euros in related assets. "If it is possible to confiscate that, then it will also be possible to return the money to the Ukrainian people. And that is what we are trying to do," Reynders said.

However, that would not involve funds frozen in the EU by the Russian state, which is the real perpetrator of the terrorist attacks on Ukraine. For example, about 30 billion of the Russian National Bank is also frozen in the EU, which would not be affected. However, Reynders said they were looking into whether these funds could be used as a "guarantee" to put pressure on Russia to pay for Ukraine's reconstruction. "It's quite logical after such aggression that part of the funding for reconstruction comes from Russia and not from the international community," Reynders said.

In principle, this is a view shared by all Western states. However, experts are currently racking their brains over how this can be translated into a legally watertight form in view of state immunity in international law. The designation of Russia as a terrorist regime by the EU Commission, as demanded by the EU Parliament, could in any case be an important element in the future for finding a legal basis for the confiscation of Russian state funds - and then using them for the reconstruction of Ukraine.

--------------------------

No one with an intact sense of right and wrong and a healthy sense of justice can understand that Russia's frozen state visas in foreign accounts will not be made available as reparation payments to Ukraine: all of them. And laws that give priority to injustice over justice for reasons that are as flimsy as they are theoretical paragraph rhetoric are such bad laws that they should be disposed of as soon as possible.

These frozen assets must end up in Ukrainian hands, come what may. Maybe also paying some of the weapons delivered by the West with these assets. There is no excuse for an other outcome. Russia must be made paying for what it has done.
Old 11-23-22, 01:12 PM   #8397
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A series of strikes has knocked out electricity supplies to large parts of Ukraine, including Lviv, Odessa and Kyiv.

More than half of neighbouring Moldova is without electricity as well, the deputy prime minister said.

Three power stations have been disconnected from Ukraine's nationwide network.

Russia has been targeting Ukraine's energy network for weeks, damaging almost half of it.

Today's missile strikes have also killed at least three people in Kyiv
Meanwhile, an earlier strike in the southern Zaporizhzhia region left a newborn baby dead.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-23-22, 01:30 PM   #8398
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-23-22, 01:42 PM   #8399
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

If Kyiv falls, Russia will attack Poland. Putin showed his ruthlessness, - Morawiecki

If Kyiv falls, Russia will direct its aggression towards Poland, as dictator Vladimir Putin has "shown his ruthlessness".

Prime Minister of Poland Mateusz Morawiecki wrote about this in an article for the Super Expressie newspaper, Censor.NET reports with reference to Liga.net.

According to him, the incident with the fall of a rocket in Poland, which led to the death of two citizens, made the country realize how close war is.

He noted that Putin has been terrorizing Ukraine for many months, and the Russian missile strikes are not aimed at military targets, but at civilians.

"Poland was not directly attacked, which is the result of Polish analyzes and the experience of the allies. Intelligence data shows that it was an accident. But the main reason is known - if it were not for the war, if it were not for the massive shelling of Ukraine, this would never have happened. Responsibility for this Only Russia bears the tragedy," Morawiecki wrote.

He added that Poland is safe and does not want a war with Russia, which can be avoided through the victory of Ukraine.

"Putin has shown that he is a ruthless politician who will stop at nothing. If Kyiv falls, Russia will direct its aggression towards Poland," Morawiecki summarized. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3382526

Zelensky welcomes European Parliament’s recognition of Russia as state sponsor of terrorism: Russian Federation must be isolated at all levels

President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky welcomes the European Parliament’s decision to recognize Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism and a state that uses means of terrorism.

The head of state announced this on Facebook, Censor.NET informs.

"I welcome the European Parliament's decision to recognize Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism and a state that uses means of terrorism. It is necessary to isolate Russia at all levels and bring it to justice to put an end to its long-term policy of terrorism in Ukraine and the world," Zelensky said. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3382521

Old 11-23-22, 01:44 PM   #8400
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

European Parliament recognized Russian Federation as state sponsor of terrorism

The European Parliament by a majority of votes adopted a resolution recognizing the Russian Federation as a state sponsor of terrorism.

The corresponding vote took place today in Strasbourg during the plenary session of the European Parliament, Censor.NET reports with reference to Ukrinform.

494 deputies spoke "for" this document, "against" - 58, and another 44 European politicians abstained.

The main provisions of the resolution on the recognition of Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism were agreed the day before at the level of heads of political groups of the European Parliament.

"The European Parliament... strongly condemns the war crimes and acts of terror against the civilian population committed by the Russian Federation and its accomplices to achieve destructive political goals in Ukraine and on the territory of other countries, and recognizes Russia as a state that sponsors terrorism and as a state that uses terrorist means," the document says.

MEPs condemned Russia's occupation of the Zaporizhzhia NPP as an act aimed at terrorizing the population of Ukraine and turning the nuclear plant into a military facility.

They expressed solidarity with the people of Ukraine and other victims of Russian aggression.

The document calls on the Council of the EU to include the so-called "Wagner group" and other militarized groups financed by Russia on the list of persons, groups, and institutions involved in terrorist activities and subject to relevant EU sanctions.

"The European Parliament... calls on the EU and the Member States to expand the legal framework for recognizing states as 'sponsors of terrorism, which would entail a significant number of significant restrictive measures against such countries and would have far-reaching restrictive consequences for the EU's relations with such countries; calls on the EU Council, accordingly, consider the inclusion of the Russian Federation in the list of state sponsors of terrorism," the document also states.

MEPs emphasized the need to bring to justice those states, non-state actors, and individuals who support and enable Russia's armed aggression, as well as strengthen its military capabilities.

"The European Parliament... confirms its call to the European Commission and the member states to support all legitimate international and national processes to investigate the crimes committed during Russia's aggressive war against Ukraine, given the need to bring all criminals to justice, as well as to provide adequate support for the creation of a special tribunal that will deal with the crime of aggression by Russia against Ukraine," the resolution says.

At the same time, the deputies called on the European Commission and member states to join efforts to create a broad international "compensation mechanism", which should include the creation of an international register of damage caused and mechanisms of interaction with the Ukrainian authorities in these cases.

MEPs called on the EU and its member states to ban the public use of any symbols associated with Russian military aggression and in one way or another justifying or supporting such criminal actions. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3382515

Closed Thread