Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-22, 05:44 PM   #6916
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

With the liberation of Lyman, military reporter Rybar suggests an informational coup is happening in the Russian media space, which now comes from above rather than below, with Prigozhyn and Kadyrov expressing discontent about leadership. Dangerous words. https://twitter.com/wartranslated/st...61226044084224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-02-22, 07:09 AM   #6917
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-02-22, 07:51 AM   #6918
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-02-22, 08:01 AM   #6919
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

US is ready to allocate $1.5 billion to Ukraine every month until end of war, - Bloomberg

The USA is ready to financially support Ukraine and is pushing its European allies to allocate similar amounts.

This is reported by Bloomberg, Censor.NET informs.

"The US is ready to support Ukraine's financial system by providing $1.5 billion a month in aid throughout the war against Russia. Earlier, the White House held a series of talks on this topic, including in recent days with EU representatives, and called on the European Union to do more to support of Ukraine," the newspaper reports.

Sources told Bloomberg that the allies are discussing a more regular mechanism to help keep Ukraine's economy afloat as the war drags on. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370991

Old 10-02-22, 10:03 AM   #6920
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Fifth vessel chartered by UN entered Chornomorsk for loading, another 5 vessels with agricultural products left ports of Ukraine. PHOTOS

Today, October 2, the ship NEW ISLAND arrived at the port of Chornomorsk for loading. This is already the fifth vessel chartered by the UN World Food Program.

This was announced on Facebook by the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine, Censor.NET reports.

As noted, after loading wheat, the ship will go to Somalia.

Also today, within the framework of the implementation of the "grain initiative", 5 ships left the ports of "Odesa", "Chornomorsk", and "Pivdenny". They have 114.7 thousand tons of agricultural products on board for African and European countries.

Among them, the bulk carrier ARGO 1, which transports 31 thousand tons of corn to Egypt, and the bulk carrier DOGA K with 10 thousand tons of wheat for Tunisia.

Since the departure of the first ship with Ukrainian food, 5.8 million tons of agricultural products have been exported. In total, 257 ships left Ukrainian ports with food, which was sent to the countries of Asia, Europe, and Africa. Source: https://censor.net/en/p3370970

Old 10-02-22, 10:04 AM   #6921
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
This is of course right, point taken.
Thanks Commander Wallace, i was offline right after my post, you essentially made clear what i ran away from

I ran over this Mr. Peterson several times, and while he is good and routinely professional in speaking about all what he calls truth and honesty, it is often rhetorical rubbish. I especially clashed with his imho confused ideas about climate science. He also is no military man, but there a lot of non-military persons who have a better grasp on the situation.

re Gorpet, it is not me that has a "hate" against russians, it is about this invasion, with some of the russian soldiers obviously being poor devils. (though my sympathy is held in check, especially when i hear and read of russian voices supporting the aggressor).
I always was for Russia, for trading, making connections, criticizing the US for their policies after 1989 towards Russia if you read my older postings.
It was a bit hard but this invasion and what becomes known of Putin's cleptocracy and his openly imperial and fascist ideas changed my mind.
We have privately brought some stuff to help Ukraine via Poland to Lwiw, though not ammo or weapons, yet.
I also think chancellor bubble-Olaf Scholz has to go, he was a great admirer of Russia and the GDR in his youth, and he obviously has a lot of friendship left for Russia and Putin's régime, though Putin has nothing to do with communist ideas (though he certainly (ab)uses Rusia's "glorious" communist past to justify his war.) Funny how the far right and left suddenly agrees when it comes to imperial ideas.
Your most favourite website writing about your most favourite philosopher.

https://www.achgut.com/artikel/ein_a...an_b._peterson
Old 10-02-22, 10:07 AM   #6922
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ukraine’s application to join NATO: decisions should be made by all countries of the bloc, - head of the Pentagon, Austin

Washington supports the "open door" policy in NATO.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to the US Ministry of Defense.

"We strive to support NATO's "open door" policy, but decisions on the expansion of the Alliance must be made by all countries of the bloc," Austin said.

He emphasized that the US is currently focused primarily on helping Ukraine, which has been defending itself from the Russian invasion since February 24.

"We are doing everything possible to ensure that Ukraine has what it needs for success. And we see really good results achieved by Ukrainian forces," the head of the Pentagon concluded. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370980

Old 10-02-22, 10:35 AM   #6923
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Denmark, Norway and Germany will finance production of self-propelled guns for Ukraine

The countries jointly decided to make a financial contribution for the Slovak production and transfer to Ukraine of self-propelled artillery installations "Zuzana 2".

This is reported by European Pravda, Censor.NET informs.

The countries will donate about 92 million euros for the production of self-propelled guns for Ukraine. Of these, Denmark contributes about 30.9 million euros.

"With this donation, Denmark is once again helping to provide important equipment to Ukraine. The war in Ukraine, unfortunately, will be protracted. Therefore, it is very important that we also support the Ukrainians' struggle for freedom in the long term," said Danish Defense Minister Morten Bjodskov.

In addition, on Friday, the Danish government received the support of the parliament for an additional package of donations to Ukraine in the amount of 148 million euros. These funds will help ensure the supply of equipment and weapons for Ukraine.

"Many countries have already contributed large sums, and Denmark's total donation for arms and military needs now stands at almost DKK 3.8 billion. But more long-term and permanent contributions are needed. It is therefore important that today we can present our joint agreement to finance a large number of self-propelled guns "Zuzana-2", - said Byodskov. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371000

Old 10-02-22, 11:41 AM   #6924
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
"Many countries have already contributed large sums, and Denmark's total donation for arms and military needs now stands at almost DKK 3.8 billion. But more long-term and permanent contributions are needed. It is therefore important that today we can present our joint agreement to finance a large number of self-propelled guns "Zuzana-2", - said Byodskov. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371000
I tell you there are many Danes who are furious about this. They can put into three categories.

Category 1-We shall not help Ukraine-It would mean WWIII if we continue sending weapons to Ukraine
Category 2. We have people here in Denmark who is suffering due to the high prices on Electricity, Gas and food- It's better we help them instead.
Then we also have
Category 3 who is a mixture of the first two category.

I can understand those in category 2. People get the power shut down-cause they can't pay the bill. People are being thrown out from their apartment-cause they can't pay the rent.

It's not a new thing, about people not being able to pay their bills-Only difference is it's x times higher this time of year.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 10-02-22, 12:01 PM   #6925
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

It will escalate any way. If we ease pressure on Russia, Putin will feel encouraged. If we keep pressure or increase it, Putin will feel enraged. Any way, he will escalate.

He's a murderous psychopath, he suffers from paranoid illusions and complete disconnection from reality, and he now fights for his mere survival. Whether somebody as bad or even worse than him will follow him or a more "moderate", is unknown, but I think this war has not even the chance to end in any way with him in office, or even just being alive.
Old 10-02-22, 12:10 PM   #6926
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It will escalate any way. If we ease pressure on Russia, Putin will feel encouraged. If we keep pressure or increase it, Putin will feel enraged. Any way, he will escalate.

He's a murderous psychopath, he suffers from paranoid illusions and complete disconnection from reality, and he now fights for his mere survival. Whether somebody as bad or even worse than him will follow him or a more "moderate", is unknown, but I think this war has not even the chance to end in any way with him in office, or even just being alive.
Then I have to tell you there are those-Both Danes, Swedes and perhaps Germans who have high hopes about Putin-They see him as a great leader.

They are in their rights to have such an opinion-I can't however not support it in any way.

For me Putin is a madman a person who should have been taken away a long time ago-He should never have become President.

Markus

Old 10-02-22, 12:12 PM   #6927
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

It will be interesting to see if all 30 NATO nations vote to go to war against Russia.
Old 10-02-22, 12:14 PM   #6928
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
It will be interesting to see if all 30 NATO nations vote to go to war against Russia.
I try to follow what's going on in Ukraine-Nato countries and Russia.

This however I have missed-Do you have by any chance a link ?

Markus

Old 10-02-22, 01:20 PM   #6929
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I tell you there are many Danes who are furious about this. They can put into three categories.

Category 1-We shall not help Ukraine-It would mean WWIII if we continue sending weapons to Ukraine
Category 2. We have people here in Denmark who is suffering due to the high prices on Electricity, Gas and food- It's better we help them instead.
Then we also have
Category 3 who is a mixture of the first two category.

I can understand those in category 2. People get the power shut down-cause they can't pay the bill. People are being thrown out from their apartment-cause they can't pay the rent.

It's not a new thing, about people not being able to pay their bills-Only difference is it's x times higher this time of year.

Markus
I can certainly sympathise with Category 2

Old 10-02-22, 01:21 PM   #6930
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Zelensky thanked countries that supported Ukraine’s accession to NATO

President Volodymyr Zelensky thanked the countries of Central and Eastern Europe for supporting Ukraine’s accession to NATO.

As reported by Censor.NET, Zelensky wrote about this on Twitter.

"I am sincerely grateful to our good neighbors – the countries of Central and Eastern Europe – for supporting Ukraine's membership in NATO and condemning the Russian Federation's attempt to annex the territories of Ukraine," Zelensky said.

He thanked the Presidents of: Estonia Alar Karis, Latvia Republic Egils Levits, Lithuania Gitanas Nauseda, North Macedonia Stevo Pendarovski, Montenegro Milo Djukanovic, Poland Andrzej Duda, Romania Klaus Iohannis, Slovakia Zuzana Čaputova and Czech Republic Milos Zeman. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371021

Closed Thread