Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-22, 01:54 PM   #5386
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Just read following on a friends wall
(Have censured it-removed some words which is not allowed here)

"
I'm probably stupid, but at the same time that Zelenskyy is painting the devil on the wall and practically begging people to evacuate, they show pictures of people sitting peacefully drinking tea, people on bike rides in idyllic surroundings and cities where people are peacefully walking around and enjoying the good weather.
Well, there's so much I don't understand.
"

I wanna answer her-cause she's both right and wrong.

Here is what I answered with

"The war is real enough-Have seen enough of the war on various live streams from Ukraine.
The war is not being fought on every square meter of Ukrainian land.
For example, almost all of Kyiv is free from fighting and the people are enjoying the nice weather. However, it happens that the Russians send some missiles towards the capital.
There is also peace on the Crimean peninsula.
Here the people also enjoy the fine weather. In the areas where war is being waged, the people do not let themselves be intimidated, they try to make everyday life go into a higher unity.
"
Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 07-31-22 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-31-22, 02:27 PM   #5387
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
The deliberate, and admitted, postings by You, with an agenda?
Ok. Others can suck up your postings of BS.
Here's a Clue for You and others of your kind.

Prove to me the truth and I'm all for you!
Play BS Games and be all 'dodgey'?
Screw you and the Horse you ride on.

You are the type that causes others to decide NOT to support Ukraine!
Lies will be uncovered and then all hell will break loose!

And I don't recall you at the 2008 Subsim meet in Texas.
I do not need to prove anything satellite images support Ukrainian reading of attack on prison camp, it is all over in the news images I showed were from a journalist. There are many clues that refute the scenario of a Ukrainian missile attack. Satellite photos by the U.S. company Maxar, taken shortly before and shortly after the attack, provide no evidence of an artillery bombardment. At the walled prison complex, only one building was damaged, and only slightly: although the roof had collapsed, the walls were still standing. That's not the kind of damage one expects when the 91 kilograms of explosives from a GMLRS missile have been detonated. Images taken inside the complex show extensive fire damage and charred corpses, but no signs of a powerful explosion: the metal bunks are still neatly lined up.

You don't recall me at the 2008 Subsim meet in Texas because I was at the 2004 Subsim meet in Texas part of the Dutch gang, you can ask Neal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 07-31-22, 02:32 PM   #5388
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Putin loves escalation, or is it a diversion from his special-permanent-operation in Ukraine?

Russia has announced it will from now on treat NATO navy as a threat (whatever that means)
and declares the arctic territory and all its resources as russian.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-31-22, 02:48 PM   #5389
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If Russia doesn't get theirs from either Iran or China.

Markus
Those UAVs for reconnaissance are of another kind than those from Iran, and no war is won by drones alone.

Quote:
Old 07-31-22, 02:50 PM   #5390
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Putin loves escalation, or is it a diversion from his special-permanent-operation in Ukraine?

Russia has announced it will from now on treat NATO navy as a threat (whatever that means)
This is all he can on all other fronts he loses, so he goes back to bully the world next will be the US and EU have been provoking Russia again via Kosovo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Zakharova
Russia calls on Pristina and the US and EU who are behind it to stop their provocations and observe the rights of Serbs in Kosovo.

Quote:
Old 07-31-22, 04:40 PM   #5391
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The russians are in the lead for the race in the Arctic, they started early. And that new weapon technology of hypersonic missiles they are leaders in, too, and it is a problem, currently the US, Europe anyway, struggle to copy it, or to find a remedy to it. We must get that homrework done. Quickly. China has this technology as well. And carrier killing former ICBMs. At the sdame time the US finds it more and more difficult to fulfill its targets for the numbers of Navy units it wants to build and maintain in the coming twenty or thirty years.

Putin does what he always does: he escalates. I told you so he would, and will ever again.

Its a race, and currently we are falling back, and rapidly. That Russia collapses any time soon I beleive when it happens - I heard this every single year in the past twenty years or so, always Russia was close to economic collapse and Putin was lethally ill and soon will be gone or the oligarchs conspire against him.

And what of that has ever turned out to be true...?
Old 07-31-22, 09:08 PM   #5392
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
UAVs for reconnaissance are massively used by Ukraine also easy to get for Ukraine they can get more and easier than the sanctioned Russians.
...which actually has nothing to do with my post...do you actually read posts before you reply to them?

Russia is manufacturing the ORLAN drones which they use for artillery observation using 3d printers, so no problem producing as many as they want.
Old 08-01-22, 04:19 AM   #5393
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The first ship carrying grain has left a Ukrainian port under a landmark deal with Russia.

Turkish and Ukrainian officials say the ship left the southern port of Odesa early on Monday morning local time.

Russia has been blockading Ukrainian ports since February, but the two sides agreed a deal to resume shipments.

It is hoped the deal will ease the global food crisis and lower the price of grain.

Turkey said the Sierra Leone-flagged vessel, the Razoni, would dock at the port of Tripoli in Lebanon, adding that further shipments were planned over the coming weeks.

The Joint Co-ordination Centre, set up in Istanbul under the deal, said the ship was carrying some 26,000 tonnes of corn and was expected to arrive in Turkish waters for inspection on Tuesday.

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres welcomed the departure of the ship and hailed Turkey for its role in working to implement the agreement.

"Today Ukraine, together with partners, takes another step to prevent world hunger," Ukraine's Infrastructure Minister Alexander Kubrakov wrote on Facebook.

"Unlocking ports will provide at least $1 billion in foreign exchange revenue to the economy and an opportunity for the agricultural sector to plan for next year."

Mr Kubrakov added that 16 other ships were waiting to depart in the ports of Odesa Region in the coming weeks.

Last month's deal - brokered by the UN and Turkey - took two months to reach and is set to last for 120 days. It can be renewed if both parties agree.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62375580

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 08-01-22, 04:29 AM   #5394
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-01-22, 04:34 AM   #5395
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I can't imagine we have anything worthy of use going spare.

Quote:
Britain will hand over several warships from its fleet to Ukraine in near future - Ambassador Prystayko

Great Britain will soon provide Ukraine with several warships. The Armed Forces of Ukraine are already undergoing relevant training.

The Ambassador of Ukraine to Great Britain Vadym Prystyko said this in a comment to "Suspilne", Censor.NET informs.

According to Prystyko, he visited a military naval ship that will be handed over to Ukraine in the near future.

"Our military personnel are already training on it. They control the ship, they control the weapons. There will be several such ships," the diplomat said.

Prystayko reminded, that after the start of the full-scale war in Ukraine, Turkey completely closed the Black Sea straits for warships.

"Our priorities have shifted. We now need anti-mine ships. 2 is the initial number we are currently working with. These are combat ships that are in service with Her Majesty's naval forces," the ambassador noted.

According to him, these ships will be reworked, updated, and equipped with special equipment needed by Ukraine.

"But these are not only 2 ships. They have more of the same class. And our officers and sailors are currently being trained on the existing ships," the ambassador concluded.
https://censor.net/en/news/3357726/b...ador_prystayko

Old 08-01-22, 04:37 AM   #5396
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Total combat losses of Russian Federation since beginning of war - about 41,030 people, 223 planes, 190 helicopters, 1,768 tanks and 4,011 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS
News Censor.NET War in Ukraine
The Russian invaders, who invaded the territory of Ukraine, continue to suffer losses. As of the morning of August 1, the loss of enemy personnel are approximate 41,030.

As reported by Censor.NET with reference to the press center of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24/02 to 01/08 are approximate:

personnel - about 41,030 (+200) people were liquidated,

tanks - 1768 (+5) units,

armored combat vehicles - 4011 (+7) units,

artillery systems - 932 (+16) units,

MLRS - 259 (+0) units,

air defense equipment - 117 (+0) units,

aircraft - 223 (+0) units,

helicopters - 190 (+0) units,

UAVs of the operational-tactical level - 736 (+1),

cruise missiles - 174 (+0),

ships/boats - 15 (+0) units,

automotive equipment and tank trucks - 2912 (+10) units,

special equipment - 82 (+2).
https://censor.net/en/news/3357739/t...90_helicopters

Old 08-01-22, 04:49 AM   #5397
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^^^ A bit astonishing Putin has not mentioned making the moon his territory

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-01-22, 05:39 AM   #5398
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
^^^ A bit astonishing Putin has not mentioned making the moon his territory
He certainly claims all the Arctic for Russia, and then implies Russian claim for the rest of the globe:

The endless Ifs and Whys of Russian politics - or How to set up a trap and catch yourself in it.

https://snyder.substack.com/p/putins...ign=auto_share

Should one hope the author is right, or not? I am not certain. But then I am not certain about any alternative ending, too.
Old 08-01-22, 06:16 AM   #5399
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Could this be the beginning of the latest Holy War?

Old 08-01-22, 06:45 AM   #5400
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:

I had to make a search to find a Danish article cause there wasn't anything about in the news on tv.

In this Danish article there was a link to an English homepage

https://www.civitas.org.uk/publications/the-next-front/

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Closed Thread