SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-07, 10:49 AM   #886
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
Hello again Lufty, old bungler!

Something is wrong with fuses of Russian wakehomers in your mod! Such torpedo can swim through ship's hull without detonation. Only if it hits hull's center, explosion takes place.

Any explanations, buddy? :hmm:
No, the wakehomers work fine... the way the have been working for 1.5 years.

Try again.
Not necessary to try again!

If you think they "work" fine, it means your understanding of "working fine" is slightly dorky in that matter, pal! :rotfl:

Last edited by Gorshkov; 05-02-07 at 11:08 AM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-07, 01:13 PM   #887
GrayOwl
Soundman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Something is wrong with fuses of Russian wakehomers in your mod! Such torpedo can swim through ship's hull without detonation. Only if it hits hull's center, explosion takes place.

Try again.

If you think they "work" fine, it means your understanding of "working fine" is slightly dorky in that matter, pal! :rotfl:

Probably torpedo with defect - maybe props By curve ?:hmm:

Torpedo following has got can be good! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Old 05-02-07, 04:31 PM   #888
Gorshkov
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayOwl
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Try again.

Probably torpedo with defect - maybe props By curve ?:hmm:
No defect. All wake-homing torpedoes in DW+LWAMI (65-76, 53-65K) have been acting like this many times so far! Maybe Lufty lowered sensitivity of their detonators too much? Anyway it looks pretty comically...torpedo penetrates across ship like a ghost.

Last edited by Gorshkov; 05-02-07 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-02-07, 05:01 PM   #889
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

If you say so... :p

Cheers,
David
Old 05-03-07, 07:29 AM   #890
Gorshkov
Commodore

Quote:
I woudn't have to say so if you weren't blind! :rotfl:
Old 05-03-07, 08:05 AM   #891
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Could some of the Moderators step in here please. This namecalling is kinda annoying and this thread is constantly moved OT.

@Gorshkov : If you have valid critique or found some bugs - great. But do not simply post anything without providing some facts and test results. Screenshots are quite helpful not to mention your results of a number of tests. If you want to be taken seriously you should try to act seriously and not like a 12 year old.

Cheers
OS
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-07, 12:21 PM   #892
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:

Cheers,
David
More importantly I say so. I've seen the 53-65K series weapons pass through the bow or stern of a target many times as they aimless cercle the target (since they seem to lack the turning capablity to hit it when fire at 90 degree angles). The center of the model (below the waterline) is where all weapons detonate and where a ship's noise is generated.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-07, 01:40 PM   #893
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike
Quote:

Cheers,
David
More importantly I say so. I've seen the 53-65K series weapons pass through the bow or stern of a target many times as they aimless cercle the target (since they seem to lack the turning capablity to hit it when fire at 90 degree angles). The center of the model (below the waterline) is where all weapons detonate and where a ship's noise is generated.
If you don't fire the wakehomer so that it catches the wake of the ship and approaches it from the rear, the shot is going to miss.

From everything I've seen testing the sim, this is appropriate in the larger context of DW.

If I were to make the wakehomers all aspect, as they are in stock DW, they will no longer be wakehomers and will once again be all aspect weapons, capable of sniffing the bow of a ship from hundreds of yards away. This is exactly what was FIXED from stock DW.

We all know the collisions in DW are a little bit wonky when it comes to weapons. This is what you are seeing here, not an error with the wakehomers.

And again to remind everyone, this was set about 1.5 years ago, so I'm a bit skeptical about changing it now.

Cheers,
David

PS Hey TLAM, do you want to import the SCX platforms into LWAMI? The job is yours if you want it.
Old 05-03-07, 02:21 PM   #894
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike
Quote:

Cheers,
David
That is every weapon (including missiles) in DW. The mod has nothing to do with it.
Old 05-04-07, 08:37 AM   #895
Gorshkov
Commodore

It seems I am not a sole person who "has" visual hallucinations as Lufty suggested! :rotfl:

Last edited by Gorshkov; 05-04-07 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-04-07, 11:02 AM   #896
Gorshkov
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
That is every weapon (including missiles) in DW. The mod has nothing to do with it.
I checked myself what Molon wrote above and I must acknowledge this. Also in stock DW game the 53-65K wakehomers act equally daffy.

Could you improve this bug in LWAMI, Lufty?
Old 05-04-07, 11:25 AM   #897
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
If you don't fire the wakehomer so that it catches the wake of the ship and approaches it from the rear, the shot is going to miss.
Hmmm I fired from 90 degrees off their bow, dead center, at a stationary target, a text book shot as they say. and they don't always aquire hit home. They tend to just cercle constantly missing the target. Ok A) the weapon should just just detonated when it impacted the hall and B) it should NOT have contiued trying to hit the target!

LOL

Luft if you say your from BuOrd and it my fault I'll kill you! :p

Quote:
We all know the collisions in DW are a little bit wonky when it comes to weapons. This is what you are seeing here, not an error with the wakehomers.

And again to remind everyone, this was set about 1.5 years ago, so I'm a bit skeptical about changing it now.

Cheers,
David
Yea its a problem with all weapons. I think its up to SCS to fix it.

Quote:
PS Hey TLAM, do you want to import the SCX platforms into LWAMI? The job is yours if you want it.
Well I don't have all the SCX platforms (deleted the last verson of it from my HD a long time ago, leaving me with an old backup I made when it was still SCX V1.0), I don't have an internet connection at home to get them or a way to send the DB and files back out once I import them. I would if I could, sorry...

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 01:37 PM   #898
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Oh I have everything you need.

I can mail you a CD-RW to your mailing address if you'd like, and you can send it back to me when you are finished.

Cheers,
David

PS If you fire a ***wakehomer*** at a stationary target, OF COURSE it's not going to work! If I wanted to model the weapons like dumb torpedoes, there's a few other things I'd have to do to make it work... like Thomas did with the Mk 8's in SCX.
Old 05-04-07, 01:40 PM   #899
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Quote:
I checked myself what Molon wrote above and I must acknowledge this. Also in stock DW game the 53-65K wakehomers act equally daffy.

Sorry, there's not much I can do about this... it's hardcoded in the NavalSimEngine.

Cheers,
David
Old 05-04-07, 04:25 PM   #900
Gorshkov
Commodore

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, there's not much I can do about this... it's hardcoded in the NavalSimEngine.
What a pity! So we must watch at ghost-like target ships until SCS fixes this bug.

A have another two questions:

1. Simulating of dumb torpedoes behavior in DW would be useless because neither accessible in game submarine platforms nor human players don't possess impact point calculating instruments, found in SH III for example. Am I wrong?

2. Would you mind giving me approximate target's wake detection ranges versus target speed for 65-76 and 53-65K torpedoes, if you have such ones, Lufty?