Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-25-21, 06:49 AM   #2056
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 348
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
"What's the goal here? To raise doubts in voters' minds about Biden - and his age in particular. It might not have worked for Trump, but Republicans haven't given up.

The Point: This is the sort of gross, lowest-common-denominator politics that drive people away from public life. If Republicans have some sort of proof that Biden is declining, they should bring it forward. If they don't, they should stop doing what they're doing. Immediately."

On the other hand, if i were Biden I would call for legal action, a lawsuit of omission might be in order. Everyone purporting this would have to bring forward evidence, or shut up. Or face legal action and pay for it.
DJT has team of people creating "evidence" on an industrial scale which his followers blindly follow.He can afford to waste cash on bent lawyers. Legal action in politics has proven to be impotent in any case.

Simon
Old 08-25-21, 07:55 AM   #2057
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
"What's the goal here? To raise doubts in voters' minds about Biden - and his age in particular. It might not have worked for Trump, but Republicans haven't given up.
The senility part is worrisome, but that I don't think is the big issue. The incompetence shown by the Biden administration in just seven months is obvious and that is the elephant in the room. Biden is dragging the Democrats to a disastrous 2022 midterm election. And his media allies are starting to notice.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-21, 08:56 AM   #2058
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:

The Point: This is the sort of gross, lowest-common-denominator politics that drive people away from public life. If Republicans have some sort of proof that Biden is declining, they should bring it forward. If they don't, they should stop doing what they're doing. Immediately."

On the other hand, if i were Biden I would call for legal action, a lawsuit of omission might be in order. Everyone purporting this would have to bring forward evidence, or shut up. Or face legal action and pay for it.
That'll never happen because it would force discovery of evidence of Biden's cognitive decline.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-21, 09:03 AM   #2059
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
The senility part is worrisome, but that I don't think is the big issue. The incompetence shown by the Biden administration in just seven months is obvious and that is the elephant in the room. Biden is dragging the Democrats to a disastrous 2022 midterm election. And his media allies are starting to notice.
The tone-deafness is insane.

We're at the point where the following actually had to happen:

1. Civilians and concerned off-duty military relaying air traffic control around the world via social media DM:

https://warisboring.com/21st-century...n-afghanistan/

2. A guy who goes by the name of TerminalCWO had to set up a website to try and help **US Citizens** evacuate because the State Department isn't doing their jobs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210825-100301__01.jpg (98.1 KB, 5 views)
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 05:47 PM   #2060
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 11:37 PM   #2061
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 09:29 AM   #2062
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I wonder if Trevor Noah and his team of heroes are willing to defend their worship of Democrat governor rapists? (@5:29 for Trevor)

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-27-21 at 09:38 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 10:22 AM   #2063
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Putting this here because although it talks about the Afghanistan debacle it puts it in the framework of this Democratic administrations horrible degree of incompetence.

"There’s a maxim in sports that you are not as good as you look when you win, or as bad as you look when you lose. It aims to give athletes an even-keel attitude instead of riding an emotional roller coaster.
No doubt there are Democrats and well-meaning others giving similar advice now to the Biden White House. The president’s team is understandably shaken by the horrific events in Afghanistan and must fear it will never regain its footing and public trust.
But what if the sports approach isn’t valid in this case? What if the Biden team is every bit as bad as it looks?
Having been in office eight months, its successes are so minimal and its mistakes so glaring that doubts exist across the political spectrum about whether the president is up to the job. The doubts recall warnings about Biden from two people who know him best.
“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f- -k things up,” Barack Obama reportedly said.
Then there’s Robert Gates’ charge that Biden “has been wrong on nearly every major foreign-policy and national-security issue over the past four decades.”
Such devastating views take on added significance in light of Biden’s obvious frailties and cognitive decline. The resulting leadership vacuum is so apparent that a well-connected Dem who asked a White House confidant how Biden could have chosen such an uninspiring roster of top aides was told Biden didn’t make the choices.

(Bolding mine)

Similar reports of a detached president and a staff-run administration have ricocheted around Washington from the very start, but the Afghanistan debacle has crystallized concerns. They were bolstered by the picture of the president at his Thursday news conference that swept across the world.
Near tears at one point, Biden was seen hunched over the podium, clutching his briefing binder with both hands, his face a sea of grief. My first thought was that he looked like a beaten man.
My second thought was that beaten men make terrible presidents and disastrous commanders in chief.
Virtually every president has suffered the anguish of visiting wounded soldiers and consoling grieving families. It’s the worst possible part of the job, but is bearable when the lives lost have been in service to a thoroughly planned, well-defined military objective.
The bloody events in Kabul had none of those virtues. Biden’s arrogant inflexibility about leaving on an arbitrary deadline and the serial failures in planning and execution are leading even some Gold Star parents to denounce him.

“I blame my own military leaders,” said Steve Nikoui, whose 20-year-old son, Kareem, was among the 13 service members killed Thursday. “Biden turned his back on him.”
Later, he told Tucker Carlson on Fox News, “From what I saw, the airport they were in, it looked like a turkey shoot.”
Presidential scandals inevitably involve wrongdoing, but the scandal of the Biden White House comes with a twist. Its wrongdoing grows out of sheer incompetence.
True, Biden lied frequently, as when he said our allies supported his exit plan even as they publicly opposed him. He lied when he said all his commanders supported his plan when that, too, is demonstrably false.

But the lies, bad as they were, were cheap efforts to shift the blame after the Kabul airport had turned into the Alamo.
The real sin was imposing his determination to quit the war in a haphazard rush, which created a deathtrap for our troops and the 170 Afghans killed in the attack.
One move especially stands out — the decision to trust some airport security to the Taliban, a terrorist group that gave safe haven to Osama bin Laden. It defies comprehension, yet some in the military call Taliban fighters “our partners,” a phrase usually reserved for allies, not enemies.
The apparently successful strike early Saturday against the ISIS masterminds of the attack is certainly welcome, but brings no consolation. Nor does revenge against nameless fiends salvage anything about a mission that will end in disgrace and leave hundreds of American citizens and tens of thousands of Afghan allies and their families at the mercy of the Taliban, al Qaeda and ISIS.
Not so long ago, Biden promised repeatedly to evacuate all Americans who wanted to go and all Afghans who helped us, along with others deemed “vulnerable” under the Taliban. Now we’re leaving on schedule, the promises another casualty of the president’s fixation on getting the troops out, regardless of the circumstances.
Although another successful attack in the remaining days would almost certainly sink the Biden presidency, avoiding one will not necessarily save it. The evidence is already sky high that, after our departure, Afghanistan will again become what it was on 9/11 — a safe haven for anti-American terrorists.

Moreover, The Post’s Saturday story by two journalists from Zenger News depicts another chilling result of the hasty withdrawal. Reporters Siddharthya Roy and Richard Miniter show how a Taliban death squad is using American hand-held scanners and an American biometric database to identify Afghans who worked with our military or NATO.
The devices and database, which the military failed to destroy, give Afghans no way to hide their identities, making them easy targets for execution.
As the reporters note, that operation is separate from one where the US gave Taliban officials a list of Americans and Afghans it wanted to get through checkpoints so they could be evacuated. Biden acknowledged that such lists may have existed, and one defense official told Politico the program put the remaining Afghans “on a kill list.”
Biden justifies his decision to end our presence in Afghanistan by citing public support for the move. But the deaths of 13 young heroes are roiling the nation and polls are turning with a vengeance on the president.
The lesson is an old one that Biden should have known. Americans don’t like war, but they absolutely hate to see their sons and daughters needlessly slaughtered.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/28/in-the...kdown-goodwin/

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 10:30 AM   #2064
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

So you have had Dem and Rep in charge the last 20 years.

Which indicate for me that both messed it up and not only one party

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 10:46 AM   #2065
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
So you have had Dem and Rep in charge the last 20 years.

Which indicate for me that both messed it up and not only one party

Markus

No no no that is conspiracy talk, there is no UNI-PARTY both are very different

Otto Harkaman is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 10:48 AM   #2066
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Yes they are different in their politics. But both have been in charge the last 20 years.

Markus

Old 08-29-21, 11:25 AM   #2067
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Yes they are different in their politics. But both have been in charge the last 20 years.

Markus
I was making a joke Markus by referring to an old Star Trek episode "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...ield_(episode)

In my opinion, its probably more correct to say that both parties have been hampered by the same defense and intelligence bureaucracies that think they are actually running the country not the elected officials of the people for the last 20 years. aka "The Swamp" or perhaps "The Deep State"

But that is B.S. Biden was forced into withdrawal by Trump, he could have issued one of his infamous "Executive Orders" to overturn everything and set his own agenda.

Last edited by Otto Harkaman; 08-29-21 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-29-21, 12:01 PM   #2068
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
But that is B.S. Biden was forced into withdrawal by Trump, he could have issued one of his infamous "Executive Orders" to overturn everything and set his own agenda.

Trump had us gone by May. It's the end of August and we're still there. Biden IS following his own agenda.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 12:17 PM   #2069
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Biden IS following his own agenda.
touché

Old 08-29-21, 12:37 PM   #2070
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

A question

Did Trump do the wrong thing when he started the negotiation with the Taleban about American withdraw from Afghanistan ?

If it was an incorrect way of doing it, who should he have negotiated with instead ?

Has Biden as his successor taken the situation seriously from day 1 in the Oval office ?

Markus