Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-21, 08:41 AM   #2851
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
If you're talking about "Fox News" (which argued on its own behalf in court that it doesn't provide honest news content but entertainment) as well as the other far right propaganda outlets then I'd agree they share a major part. If you've bought into the extremist 'Lügenpresse' thing that's been around since Germany was taken over by the Nazis back in the 30s and attacks all news that shows the extremist element of politics for what it is, then you are actually part of the problem.

Sure they argued that. But lets not forget it was the kook fringe neo nazis liberal left russiagate conspiracy theorist Rachael Madow of MSNBC court case which set that precedence years before FOX news used it in court.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-05-21 at 08:59 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 09:01 AM   #2852
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Sure they argued that. But lets not forget it was the kook fringe neo nazis liberal left russiagate conspiracy theorist Rachael Madow of MSNBC court case which set that precedence years before FOX news used it in court.
Calm down, son. Your defense is skewed.
Old 11-05-21, 10:18 AM   #2853
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It's unfair. I bought Coca Cola, snacks and cookies.

Every day during August I was waiting for this special breaking news showing tanks and soldiers in the street of Washington.

It never came. Well it shows that you can't trust these conspiracies.

(This was a funny input)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 10:27 AM   #2854
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It's unfair. I bought Coca Cola, snacks and cookies.

Every day during August I was waiting for this special breaking news showing tanks and soldiers in the street of Washington.

It never came. Well it shows that you can't trust these conspiracies.

(This was a funny input)

Markus
We need a popcorn eating emoticon.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 10:36 AM   #2855
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Calm down, son. Your defense is skewed.
Aren't you suppose to be at work? aka: chasing Manchin's car or knocking on Sinema's stall door in the ladies room?

BIG Friday for ya

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 10:54 AM   #2856
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
Aren't you suppose to be at work? aka: chasing Manchin's car or knocking on Sinema's stall door in the ladies room?

BIG Friday for ya
To Admin. : Could this be considered a personal attack (even as ineffectual as it is)?
Old 11-05-21, 02:57 PM   #2857
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

LOL I said before I’ll say it again. Boondoggle!

It seems like just yesterday when I was here reading all those pages of accusations written by our very own resident kook fringe liberal blue anon believers of russiagate conspiracy theory. Good for a laugh but what waste of bandwidth and tax payer money that was.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 08:09 AM   #2858
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
We need a popcorn eating emoticon.
I generally use the one below.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 08:14 AM   #2859
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
To Admin. : Could this be considered a personal attack (even as ineffectual as it is)?
Apologies but I've been away for a day and my response/advice would be to simply ignore whenever possible.

Of course, anything obviously of a serious nature that crosses the line will be addressed.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 08:36 AM   #2860
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I generally use the one below.

We use this one on another forum:

I like it's community flavor.

Old 11-06-21, 09:07 AM   #2861
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
We use this one on another forum:

I like it's community flavor.
The question is shall we use an ordinary popcorn eating gif or should we use something special (Popcorn eating gif) for this forum.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 11:59 AM   #2862
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Biden's Afghan war crime gets the whitewash treatment
by Washington Examiner, | | November 08, 2021 12:00 AM

Mistakes were made, but no one did anything wrong.

No one will be held accountable.

This is the result of the Air Force's investigation last week into the drone strike that President Joe Biden authorized. The strike, one of several measures taken to distract the public from the completely incompetent withdrawal of U.S. military personnel from Afghanistan, turned out to target an innocent aid worker and nine others with no apparent terrorist ties, including multiple children. The drone footage shows that the children were visible two minutes before the missile. The excuse offered by Inspector General Sami Said was that it was "100% not obvious" that there were children there. "You have to be like, no kidding looking for it."

"No kidding" — you know, the way you might look for things around a target before launching a missile.

If nobody committed any criminal acts in the course of this appalling incident, neither acts of malicious indifference toward human life nor even of criminal negligence, then that raises even more serious questions about the way the U.S. armed forces operate overseas.

Are the procedures for planning an assassination like this one really so flimsy and the planners so careless that a completely innocent aid worker and a group of children can get droned without anyone even having done anything wrong? Is the public, in whose name the Biden administration committed this war crime, really to believe that drone operators are as careless about the potential for hidden and innocent bystanders on a scene as this incident would make it appear?

The most damning conclusion to be drawn from this incident, and from this investigation, is that President Biden's policy of a so-called "over the horizon" approach to managing terrorism in Afghanistan is itself negligence. Not to say that the United States had to remain in Afghanistan forever, but this incident makes it abundantly clear that the military and intelligence services cannot manage the terrorism problem in Afghanistan and should not try to do so without a physical presence there.

Biden's incompetent and unaccountable administration is doing incalculable damage right now to America's image around the world. This barbaric attack has probably created an entirely new generation of Afghan terrorists who hate America. His chaotic retreat from Afghanistan made the U.S. appear unreliable and ineffective, but this drone strike leaves the impression of blind rage, cruelty, and cowardice as well.

Biden's administration, having thus doubly damaged America's standing in the world, appears set to continue its standard practice of not holding anyone accountable for even the most appalling and consequential errors. To this day, no heads have rolled over the withdrawal, and this report virtually guarantees that this crime will go unpunished.

As a point of comparison, it is worth noting that after the incident at Abu Ghraib, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld offered twice to resign, despite having no personal involvement in the abuse and torture of Iraqi prisoners of war. Although his resignation was refused by President George W. Bush, he had volunteered to fall on his sword because he knew there had to be accountability and that this had happened on his watch. He was ashamed by what had been done under him. Even then, at least some inadequate semblance of justice was served when multiple abusers went to military prison for their crimes.

This time, innocents and children were actually murdered in what was supposed to be a careful and well-calculated retaliatory strike. As usual with Biden, it appears that no one will be held accountable at all, not even a little bit.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...wash-treatment

Old 11-08-21, 01:57 PM   #2863
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

There may be some valid points in this article.
The problem is you do need only a bit of research and check what Trump has done regarding drone attacks in his 4 years...

It is funny how this (right wing?) media seems concerned about the image of the US in the world, especially also accountability. Was this an issue during Trump's presidency ? I doubt it (at least if you consider his "America First" ideology not as the best way to foster a positive image), anyway you rather would think that it is almost unthinkable that any other president will manage to lower the image more than Trump - with the exception of Trump himself if he gets reelected...

Last edited by Hawk66; 11-08-21 at 02:07 PM.
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 02:06 PM   #2864
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
To Admin. : Could this be considered a personal attack?
It's clearly damn funny humor.
Old 11-08-21, 04:47 PM   #2865
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
There may be some valid points in this article.
The problem is you do need only a bit of research and check what Trump has done regarding drone attacks in his 4 years...
It is funny how this (right wing?) media seems concerned about the image of the US in the world, especially also accountability. Was this an issue during Trump's presidency ? I doubt it (at least if you consider his "America First" ideology not as the best way to foster a positive image), anyway you rather would think that it is almost unthinkable that any other president will manage to lower the image more than Trump - with the exception of Trump himself if he gets reelected...

I don't care, this isn't about Trump and you trying to make it so only shows that you have no real argument here.

I certainly wouldn't try and compare a successful drone attack by against an identified target like enemy general with one made for political purposes that hits a carload of children. An attack that was hurriedly thrown together to cover a political disaster with little or no intel on what they were actually shooting at.