SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-23, 06:03 PM   #6736
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Honestly I did not see this coming. But, you know what they say: "never let a crisis go to waste" - Rahm Emanuel

Forget about local, county, or the state police or legislative authority. Target is going straight to big brother. I’m sure this will grow to be very popular, it’s for your safety you know.

ON TARGET Target announces major policy change with Homeland Security to combat theft as shoplifting scourge shutters stores

Louis Regan
Published: 14:41 ET, Oct 1 2023Updated: 14:42 ET, Oct 1 2023

https://www.the-sun.com/news/9225428...-combat-theft/

Quote:
TARGET have announced it will team up with Homeland Security to tackle soaring theft after it was forced to shut several stores.

The retail giant announced have also promised to make "significant investments in cyber defense" as it scrambles to tackle spiralling crime.

On Tuesday, the beloved chain issued a statement to customers listing the ways it will strive to combat criminality in its stores.

"At Target, we take the decision to close stores very seriously, and only do so after taking meaningful steps to invest in the guest experience and improve business performance," the statement began.

"With that said, we have made the difficult decision to close nine Target stores across four states, effective Oct. 21.

"In this case, we cannot continue operating these stores because theft and organized retail crime are threatening the safety of our team and guests, and contributing to unsustainable business performance.

"We know that our stores serve an important role in their communities, but we can only be successful if the working and shopping environment is safe for all."

The company then lists its store policy changes, namely its decision to team up with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Homeland Security Investigations.

It comes after Target made the shocking announcement that it will pull the plug on nine stores in major cities due to the spiralling crime.

Closures in New York City, Seattle, and Portland, are coming after Target CEO Brian Cornell warned that historically high crime rates could force other execs to make tough decisions.

“ We cannot continue operating these stores because theft and organized retail crime are threatening the safety of our team and guests, and contributing to unsustainable business performance," Target said in a news release.

“We know that our stores serve an important role in their communities, but we can only be successful if the working and shopping environment is safe for all.”

One location in New York City's Harlem neighborhood will close, alongside three in San Francisco, two in Seattle, and three more in Portland, Oregon.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-02-23 at 07:37 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-23, 07:19 AM   #6737
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-23, 08:21 AM   #6738
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
People don’t believe government inflation statistics. And they’ve got the grocery receipts to prove it.

Media laughs, but it turns out the widely-respected “Big Mac Index” says inflation has been almost twice the official government numbers for at least 20 years.

That means we’re a lot poorer than we thought, and getting poorer.

Old 10-02-23, 01:04 PM   #6739
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-03-23, 08:26 AM   #6740
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Crash, boom, bang ... The Mentions of a "Soft Landing" have Surged to Their Highest Levels.

Old 10-03-23, 11:14 AM   #6741
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Kelly speaks out on Trumps disrespect of our veterans.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-23, 11:29 AM   #6742
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I’m a 24 year veteran and I never felt disrespected. What does concern me though is when Generals are no longer a-political. If they want to go down the road of partisan politics then they must relinquish their military titles, benefits, and become a fullfledged whining party fanboy civilians. Otherwise they keep their mouth shut in public and do what the commander in chief orders them to do. Last thing we need is for our military to become divided along party lines with generals guiding party ideologies.

You know what got me to join? In high school the U.S. Army was proactive, helicopter and tank rides, open house, hell I even learned how to sight in a mortar and shoot automatic weapons. Where I felt disrespected is when these Generals instead of promoting patriotism, country, showing what the military does for a living. Instead, fell head over heels for the woke movement thinking that would help with recruiting when all it did was create another bud-light moment.

HUD says homeless veterans in California represent 31% of the national homeless veteran population. Why don’t you ask them to see what makes them feel disrespected?

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-03-23 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-03-23, 12:55 PM   #6743
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Donald Trump shares bizarre court sketch of him sitting next to Jesus Christ

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-new...court-30995392

Old 10-03-23, 01:23 PM   #6744
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'm beginning to wonder if this guy believes he is bigger and more important than the country he resides in.

Quote:
Donald Trump’s campaign is calling on the Republican National Committee to cancel all remaining presidential primary debates, saying the party must “refocus its manpower” on defeating Joe Biden next year.

In a statement late on Monday, senior Trump advisers also repeated debunked falsehoods about election fraud, claiming without evidence that Democrats are working to steal the 2024 election.

He has maintained that the 2020 election was stolen, despite multiple legal cases, investigations and his own attorney general finding no fraud.

In their statement, senior campaign advisers Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita say the November debate in Miami and all future debates should be cancelled.

“Anything less, along with other reasons not to cancel, are an admission to the grassroots that their concerns about voter integrity are not taken seriously and national Republicans are more concerned about helping Joe Biden than ensuring a safe and secure election,” they said.

The former president and front-runner for the Republican nomination has skipped the first two debates — with several rivals attacking him for not attending — and said he would not participate in the future.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...05d4fa70&ei=18

Old 10-03-23, 01:49 PM   #6745
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if this guy believes he is bigger and more important than the country he resides in.
I’ll ask again, what has he said that’s any different than any U.S. politician has said?

Also do I think he thinks he believes he’s bigger than your politicians when they thought massacre 26 unarmed civilians in 1972 or those who no sooner demanded Germany pay for their holocaust your most holy Lord Kitchener’s starts his own building concentration camps in Africa? Or those current English politicians today that say the don’t anything to anyone?

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-04-23 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-03-23, 01:54 PM   #6746
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Hit a raw nerve eh?

Old 10-03-23, 01:56 PM   #6747
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Nope not one bit, honest questions. In case people forget I have stated quite clearly I wouldn’t touch Trump with a 10 foot barge pole.

Old 10-03-23, 01:58 PM   #6748
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well you'll be hard pressed to get definitive honest responses by going back in time to the years of wrongdoing.

Old 10-03-23, 01:59 PM   #6749
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I’ll ask again, what has he said that’s any different than any U.S. politician has said?
I guess it is not what he has said, but how he have said it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-23, 02:15 PM   #6750
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Hell. The whole Government is a well run Criminal Organization!
They make the Mafia look like side show clowns.