SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-31-10, 03:01 PM   #2731
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Another Torpedo Door Switch idea.

Could it be possible when pressing the hotkey '/' (stock) to flood the tube.. that the switch on the tube already highlighted toggle as well... open/close.. depending on the hotkey use too?

Thanks TDW!

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 03:03 PM   #2732
Paco
Captain

Downloads: 345
Default V3.0.0

Hi TDW,

I've translated the meny and tested Your new Version, very nice work

I can confirm the problems with the missing switches if You have installed the
NewUIs_TDC_3_0_0_jimimadrids_map_tools, or
NewUIs_TDC_3_0_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights.

Quote:
Zitat von kylania
Well, also every time you switch tubes you get a "Closing Door #" voice and message, but the door doesn't actually close. Also if the tube you switched to was already flooded, you still get a flooding tube voice message.
Same here, but TDW explained in Post #2720, so its ok for me.

Two things at last:
#1: Could You lower the font size at the filedialog, please? In german, some words are a little bit longer and do not fit within the dialogbox.

#2: In the files-dialog, there is the word "clear" to clean up the file-name in english, right? This is from the menu.txt entry #4110, I think.

Could we here get an own entry, because the entry #4110 describes clear waether, and the german translation is "klar". But to clean the filename ist not "klar" in german We need here another (new) entry.

Paco
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 03:15 PM   #2733
Paco
Captain

Downloads: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I believe that number resides in the subs .cfg file. I'll have to look.

Here's another thing I've been playing with for v3.0.0. This instant on crap has gotta go. When I click on std or recharge propulsion mode is should take some time to do that, it shouldn't be instant. Same goes for silent running and other items. So I'm introducing time delays into the orders to simulate real life. Currently have the std and recharge propulsion and silent running on/off done. What do you all think about this?
That would be great, yes!
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 05:00 PM   #2734
Ross59
Watch

Downloads: 627

By removing jimimadrids_map_tools I now get the door icons and by clicking on them the doors do open and close, however the icons do not show the actual state of the tube doors. If you open the doors by another means (in my case I use verbal commands) the indicator does not show that door has opened or closed.
Also I can't remember what stock does (been so long) but I am unable to deselect all tubes, at least one tube remains selected, is this normal ?.
and please excuse my ignorance but what is the purpose of the green box above the tube selection button.
Ross59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 05:04 PM   #2735
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross59 View Post
By removing jimimadrids_map_tools I now get the door icons and by clicking on them the doors do open and close, however the icons do not show the actual state of the tube doors. If you open the doors by another means (in my case I use verbal commands) the indicator does not show that door has opened or closed.
Also I can't remember what stock does (been so long) but I am unable to deselect all tubes, at least one tube remains selected, is this normal ?.
and please excuse my ignorance but what is the purpose of the green box above the tube selection button.
yes I didn't take into account any keyboard commands yet. So if you don't use the switches themselves everything will be screwed up.

You can't deselect all tubes in SH5. One has to be selected at all times.

The green boxes above the tube selectors are for pattern running torpedoes. When you have pattern runners they will enable so you can see the TDC dials for them when you press them.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 05:22 PM   #2736
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Maximum depth for torpedo launch is stored in the data\Submarine\NSS_Uboatx\NSS_Uboatx.cfg file.
Does anyone know the Historical Torpedo Launch Depths for each of the Submarines? I am sure it has to be much deeper then 20 metera...

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 05:34 PM   #2737
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Does anyone know the Historical Torpedo Launch Depths for each of the Submarines? I am sure it has to be much deeper then 20 metera...
SH4 Trigger Maru was quite a bit deeper.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 05:47 PM   #2738
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Just a quick Google scan found this:

Quote:
Torpedoes had to be launched on the surface or at periscope depth. But later versions of German torpedoes such as the TV (Zaunkonig II) could be launched from up to a depth of 50 meters.
from http://www.uboataces.com/weapon-torpedo.shtml

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 05:52 PM   #2739
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
Torpedoes had to be launched on the surface or at periscope depth. But later versions of German torpedoes such as the TV (Zaunkonig II) could be launched from up to a depth of 50 meters. At the end of the run, torpedoes were designed to sink automatically. However they frequently detonated when hitting the sea bed and on other occasions exploded when the pistols collapse under the sea pressure. Later in the war, a device was fitted which automatically disabled the torpedo pistol when a depth of 150 meters was reached

http://www.uboataces.com/weapon-torpedo.shtml

hope thi helps
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 06:28 PM   #2740
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

sounds like torpedo firing and torpedo door switches are governed by periscope depth + 5m to me
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 08:44 AM   #2741
commandosolo2009
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 132

hey DW, I'm having hard time using the FaT/LuT controls..

Only the straight run knob works in increments..
Leg and gyro are not, they are like torp speed, 3 settings hi/mid/low, no increments. Help?
commandosolo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 09:51 AM   #2742
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandosolo2009 View Post
hey DW, I'm having hard time using the FaT/LuT controls..

Only the straight run knob works in increments..
Leg and gyro are not, they are like torp speed, 3 settings hi/mid/low, no increments. Help?
That's how it works as I understand it.

Old 06-01-10, 10:25 AM   #2743
furby
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60

just fired a salvo of 4 torps at a battleship...opened all 4 tubes before firing...but they fired as follows...

1st straight away
2nd after about 3 second delay
then 3rd and 4th together in the right spread but after another delay of about 10 seconds...so my salvo shot was all messed up and only the first hit the ship.

something to do with the mod?

apart from that all seems to be working fine in 3.0
furby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 02:17 PM   #2744
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156
Default How to make officer bar background transparent?

The area behind and above the officer icon bar, where the station icons appear when clicking an officer icon, is in a darkish grey shade. I would prefer to have this background area transparent, instead of obscuring the environment.

In SH4 such settings could be changed in menu_1024_768.ini, but in SH5 this seems to have changed. Could somebody point me to the appropriate file in SH5 and advise what value(s) to change for transparency?
Old 06-01-10, 02:46 PM   #2745
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl View Post
The area behind and above the officer icon bar, where the station icons appear when clicking an officer icon, is in a darkish grey shade. I would prefer to have this background area transparent, instead of obscuring the environment.

In SH4 such settings could be changed in menu_1024_768.ini, but in SH5 this seems to have changed. Could somebody point me to the appropriate file in SH5 and advise what value(s) to change for transparency?
From TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py:

Quote:
# do the order categories scroll down when moused out and scroll up when moused in?
# set to True to have the order categories scroll
# change below to either True or False
OrderCategoriesScroll = False
Set that to True and that area will hide itself and only pop up when you mouse over or have orders active.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui