Closed Thread

Old 08-04-22, 02:47 PM   #5446
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The tsar is currently sending his proxies like Gerhard Schroeder to prepare the ground for "negotiations". This is only to conceal the current weakness of the Russian hordes, to consolidate their territorial conquests, and to give them the opportunity to consolidate before they attack again.
There are enough stupids in the West, including politicians and political leaders, who all too willingly walk into this trap - and enthusiastically so.
Gerhard Schroeder or any traitor can try what he wants, but it is Ukraine who decide to negotiation or not Ukraine is boss not Gerhard Schroeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 08-04-22, 03:03 PM   #5447
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Gerhard Schroeder or any traitor can try what he wants, but it is Ukraine who decide to negotiation or not Ukraine is boss not Gerhard Schroeder
But Western government can stop sending Ukraine stuff it needs and shut down financial supplies. Rheinmetall for exaple says - andn tzat is confirmed by polticla insiders and opposition polticians - that they have several dozen Marder IFV plus additional Fuchs APCs ready and operaitonal - and could ship them any day to Ukraine, its just that Bubble Olaf strictly prohibits this, olike he also rejects any dleivery of wepaoisn that could allow the Ukraine to offensively counterattck Russia nd dlöeievr them rela hurting defeats becasue for yxounbterattacks o9f this kidn you do not only need artillery support, but, you need "Beweglichkeit": provided by tanks, both MBTs and APCs/IFVs.

Germany does not want Ukraine to have this ability. Ask yourself why.

What I mean is Ukriane is where it is only due to substantial weapon support by the West. If that support is to end, Ukraine can pack its things once the last PZH2000 round and HIMARS missile has been fired. Courage alone is not enough.

Do not trust Bubble-Olaf. He plays foul. He always has done, and always will. I watchnjhim since many years. He never has disappointed my assessment of the man. There ar reasons why I dispise him so very very much.
Old 08-04-22, 03:13 PM   #5448
Skybird
Soaring

Bad news for Olaf the turbine-whisperer:

Russian state-owned Gazprom is apparently flaring some of the gas that was supposed to be delivered to Germany at its turbine station near St. Petersburg. Photos first published by the Finnish news site "Yle" and circulating on Twitter reportedly show the so-called compressor station in Portovaya, Russia, with a large flame blazing above it.

The photo is said to have been taken from the Finnish side, and the flame is said to be so high that it can be seen across the national border.

The authenticity of the photographs cannot be verified. However, data from Nasa show that, of all things, larger fires have been seen consistently on the site of the Nord Stream 1 station since the day on which delivery volumes to Germany were curtailed for the first time.

Gazprom had first reduced deliveries through the Baltic Sea pipeline to 40 percent of the agreed volumes from June 16, and now only 20 percent of the possible capacity arrives in Germany. Data from the U.S. space agency Nasa's Fire Information for Resource Management Systems (Firms) show that from the time of the curtailment, larger fires are constantly visible at the Portovaya station site.

Gas fields cannot easily be shut down, they must have some of the gas that is under high pressure being allwoed to escape. Thats why siome German commentors until yesterday optimistically said that Russia will never brign gas epxorts to nil. I do not get this why they always assume the best - my first thought was exactly what now gets reported: "Why wouldn't they just burn it?" Thats was my very first thoguht on this.

The Germans handed Russia another easy satisfaction score when they went to Canada and made Canada breaking its own sanction to release the turbine. The Russians OF COURSE never had the intention to deliver gas again at higher quantities. The sanction on gas turbines is an original Canadian one, not an EU sanction. The naive laymen in Berlin stepped right into the wide open trap. And they still pose and talk as if the Russian behaviour were not predictable and is a surprise.

Has anyone really expected, seriously, that Russia would just sit still and swallow sanction after sanction and not try to hurt Europe back? How stupid is that...?
Old 08-04-22, 03:21 PM   #5449
Skybird
Soaring

Die Welt:

Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan plan to meet this Friday in the Russian resort of Sochi. The talks are to begin around 2 p.m. CEST, the Turkish presidential palace said Thursday.

According to the Kremlin, possible sales of combat drones by NATO member Turkey are also on the agenda. Turkish sources did not confirm this for now. The communications ministry said that current global and regional issues would be discussed. In addition to the war in Ukraine, Turkish plans for a new offensive in northern Syria are also likely to be discussed. Moscow has recently clearly advised against this.

Erdogan had already said shortly after the start of the Russian war of aggression in Ukraine that he would not rule out arms deals with Russia. Russia is interested, for example, in the Turkish Bayraktar TB2 combat drone successfully used by the Ukrainian military. Putin had suggested working with Turkey on the Baykar drones, Erdogan said, according to the CNN Türk channel.

Hehehe. I almost would wish Turkey does sell Russia drones, only so that politicians in Western NATO capitals see their stupid facial expressions in the newspaper next day. I wpoudl cut them out and hang them up in a long line on my wall, and whenever I am in an angry mood again I look at them and then can laugh again. More stupid Western dreams busting. Turkey also pushes escalation with Greece over Greece Aegean islands and gas fields at Cyprus to extremes not seen since decades between the two countries.

Wait for the thunderous tirades from Brussels! That will put grins on my face.
Old 08-04-22, 03:22 PM   #5450
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
But Western government can stop sending Ukraine stuff it needs and shut down financial supplies. Rheinmetall for exaple says - andn tzat is confirmed by polticla insiders and opposition polticians - that they have several dozen Marder IFV plus additional Fuchs APCs ready and operaitonal - and could ship them any day to Ukraine, its just that Bubble Olaf strictly prohibits this, olike he also rejects any dleivery of wepaoisn that could allow the Ukraine to offensively counterattck Russia nd dlöeievr them rela hurting defeats becasue for yxounbterattacks o9f this kidn you do not only need artillery support, but, you need "Beweglichkeit": provided by tanks, both MBTs and APCs/IFVs.

Germany does not want Ukraine to have this ability. Ask yourself why.

What I mean is Ukriane is where it is only due to substantial weapon support by the West. If that support is to end, Ukraine can pack its things once the last PZH2000 round and HIMARS missile has been fired. Courage alone is not enough.

Do not trust Bubble-Olaf. He plays foul. He always has done, and always will. I watchnjhim since many years. He never has disappointed my assessment of the man. There ar reasons why I dispise him so very very much.
I see only Germany that does not support the rest supports Ukraine even Switzerland has sanctions but that all is not so important if the US/UK supports the west will. Germany has no power if it is isolated that is shown now.

Quote:
Old 08-04-22, 03:27 PM   #5451
Skybird
Soaring

Doubts about Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky are apparently growing in the USA. This is reported by the "New York Times" with reference to government circles. U.S. officials are "clearly more concerned about the Ukrainian leadership than they officially admit," according to an article in the newspaper. There is "deep mistrust" between the White House and Selenskyj, it said.

In particular, recent dismissals of Selenskyj's entourage - the attorney general and his intelligence chief - are causing concern in the United States. The New York Times reports there is still no convincing explanation for this harsh move. Columnist Thomas L. Friedman writes: "It seems to me that we would rather not look so closely under the hood in Kiev because we are afraid that we will discover corruption or escapades there now that we have invested so much.

I said in the past Selensky is a win for ukraine due to his integrative power from his appearance and speeches, seen that way he is a case of luck. But he is also a product of a corrupt political regime and a failed state run by criminal gangs and oligarchs, and he has not believed in the war coming until the day it broke loose, preventign much better preparation that way.

I never said I trust him, right. I don't. Never have. We should make good use of him, let him work his influence magic over Ukrainians to keep the motivated. And thats all. I have an absolutely sober, pragmatic view of the man.
BTW, this all is the reason why I am against giving the Ukraine a cheap and easy ride to EU membership. Or NATO. Hell, no, we really shouldn't! Not before the viper of corruption has been slain. And that is still many, many years away - if it ever happens.
Old 08-04-22, 03:36 PM   #5452
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
I see only Germany that does not support the rest supports Ukraine even Switzerland has sanctions but that all is not so important if the US/UK supports the west will. Germany has no power if it is isolated that is shown now.
France rejects to send heavy weapons, too, othes as well. Currently no Western heavy fighting vehicles are in Ukraine, not even American.

Artillery and fighting vehicles are not the same, they serve different tactical and operational purposes. Those purpsoes allowing Ukriane to defend lines and psoitions and hurt Russia logistically, are allwoed ot go ion. But the ability for huge armoured mobile counteroffensioves is not suppprted by major Western powers. Only the Easteuropeans sent their T-72 and some APCs and IFVs. Old ones.

Add to this, as I posted yesterday, that the US has a VETO right in target selection for the HIMARS batteries.

Many Western nations do not want the Ukraine to be too successful, it seems to me, especially France, Germany.

Planning for relations with Russia after the war is the likely answer to me. But planning on grounds of illusions, I woudl say.
Old 08-04-22, 03:41 PM   #5453
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Doubts about Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky are apparently growing in the USA. This is reported by the "New York Times" with reference to government circles. U.S. officials are "clearly more concerned about the Ukrainian leadership than they officially admit," according to an article in the newspaper. There is "deep mistrust" between the White House and Selenskyj, it said.

In particular, recent dismissals of Selenskyj's entourage - the attorney general and his intelligence chief - are causing concern in the United States. The New York Times reports there is still no convincing explanation for this harsh move. Columnist Thomas L. Friedman writes: "It seems to me that we would rather not look so closely under the hood in Kiev because we are afraid that we will discover corruption or escapades there now that we have invested so much.

I said in the past Selensky is a win for ukraine due to his integrative power from his appearance and speeches, seen that way he is a case of luck. But he is also a product of a corrupt political regime and a failed state run by criminal gangs and oligarchs, and he has not believed in the war coming until the day it broke loose, preventign much better preparation that way.

I never said I trust him, right. I don't. Never have. We should make good use of him, let him work his influence magic over Ukrainians to keep the motivated. And thats all. I have an absolutely sober, pragmatic view of the man.
BTW, this all is the reason why I am against giving the Ukraine a cheap and easy ride to EU membership. Or NATO. Hell, no, we really shouldn't! Not before the viper of corruption has been slain. And that is still many, many years away - if it ever happens.
Do not think Ukraine gets an easy ride to EU membership, they have to do the same as other countries. EU members approved this so quickly because of the war as support and to pester Putin.

Quote:
Old 08-04-22, 03:43 PM   #5454
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Need to cleanse the Nest of Vipers from NATO.
Old 08-04-22, 03:44 PM   #5455
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Do not think Ukraine gets an easy ride to EU membership, they have to do the same as other countries. EU members approved this so quickly because of the war as support and to pester Putin.
Yes, sure. But better do not ignore that there are powerful political subgroups that want them being rushed into the EU better today than tomorrow. And Brussels is not known to be a centre of rationality and sense of realism. The quota-girly at the top of the EU central committee, Super-Uschi, wants them to be in early.
Old 08-04-22, 04:03 PM   #5456
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
France rejects to send heavy weapons, too, othes as well. Currently no Western heavy fighting vehicles are in Ukraine, not even American.

Artillery and fighting vehicles are not the same, they serve different tactical and operational purposes. Those purpsoes allowing Ukriane to defend lines and psoitions and hurt Russia logistically, are allwoed ot go ion. But the ability for huge armoured mobile counteroffensioves is not suppprted by major Western powers. Only the Easteuropeans sent their T-72 and some APCs and IFVs. Old ones.

Add to this, as I posted yesterday, that the US has a VETO right in target selection for the HIMARS batteries.

Many Western nations do not want the Ukraine to be too successful, it seems to me, especially France, Germany.

Planning for relations with Russia after the war is the likely answer to me. But planning on grounds of illusions, I woudl say.
The US has a VETO right in target selection for the HIMARS batteries because this was the deal to prevent escalation globally Russia is still a nuclear power. Sending tanks, fighters or other heavy armor will take time to train, Ukraine must take Kherson in the coming months with the HIMARS they seriously disturb Russians supply lines that is their chance to start the counteroffensive. I wonder how Putin explains the liberation of Kherson to his people.

Quote:
Old 08-04-22, 04:11 PM   #5457
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Yes, sure. But better do not ignore that there are powerful political subgroups that want them being rushed into the EU better today than tomorrow. And Brussels is not known to be a centre of rationality and sense of realism. The quota-girly at the top of the EU central committee, Super-Uschi, wants them to be in early.
All EU Member States have to agree unanimously parliaments not Brussels decides.

Quote:
Old 08-04-22, 04:17 PM   #5458
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
The US has a VETO right in target selection for the HIMARS batteries because this was the deal to prevent escalation globally Russia is still a nuclear power. Sending tanks, fighters or other heavy armor will take time to train, Ukraine must take Kherson in the coming months with the HIMARS they seriously disturb Russians supply lines that is their chance to start the counteroffensive. I wonder how Putin explains the liberation of Kherson to his people.
If they manage to take Kherson, would they still have enough to withstand a Russian counter attack ?

From what I understand-Russia has moved a lot of men and material to Kherson and Kherson Oblast.

If these Russian men are those who only have a month training behind them then I don't think they can stand up against Ukrainian forces.
The material-Read somewhere that most of what Russia has is from 70's 60's and 50's well they have some newer stuff from 80 and 90's

I think that Ukrainian forces has the ability to both take Kherson and hold it-That is if they get a lot of ammo and weapons

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 08-04-22, 04:27 PM   #5459
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If they manage to take Kherson, would they still have enough to withstand a Russian counter attack ?

From what I understand-Russia has moved a lot of men and material to Kherson and Kherson Oblast.

If these Russian men are those who only have a month training behind them then I don't think they can stand up against Ukrainian forces.
The material-Read somewhere that most of what Russia has is from 70's 60's and 50's well they have some newer stuff from 80 and 90's

I think that Ukrainian forces has the ability to both take Kherson and hold it-That is if they get a lot of ammo and weapons

Markus
Russian sends allot, but they need to unload from trains out of distance of the HIMARS we saw all how great Russian truck supply is after that they need to cross the Dnieper again easy shooting will be hard to swallow for 30 days trainees I do not think Ukraine starts this without the personnel and material. The trick is to wear out the Russians that they start walking home, that moral will start a whole other chapter for Putin.

Quote:
Old 08-04-22, 04:31 PM   #5460
Skybird
Soaring

Numerically, Russia still has the egde. Roughly by around 10:1, media usually say. And it still has many reserves across all Russia, that it so far has not started to touch, not wanting to compromise its military presence in these other regions, too.

That could change, maybe. And if their stand becomes too desperate, I do not rule out they even consider tactical nukes. I see that risk if Crimean becomes liberated by Ukraine. What Putin (or Lavrov) recently said about not using nukes first (just weeks ago they implied the opposite), does not interest me. I do not waste time listening to them anymore, they are lying from first to last hour of the day.