SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-21, 01:37 PM   #1426
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrim View Post
Just checking, is this mod compatible with the German U-boat campaign?

Because I'm getting weird bugs like you wouldn't believe it.
Can you describe the unbelievably weird bugs you're experiencing? EDIT: Nvm, you did.

I have RFB 2.0 and I also play the German Uboat campaign with no issues.

I can't speak for the other issues, but the losing lock when viewing through a periscope or UZI is, if memory serves, a global positioning issue. That is, if your boat is near the equator or the poles, the losing lock issue manifests itself. Or something like that lol. I vaguely remember reading something about it many years ago, but it is definitely related to where the boat is located globally. It is a weird bug. AFAIK there is nothing that can be done about it. It's an inherent issue with the game itself.

Sorry if that doesn't help.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 01:06 AM   #1427
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Default CTD when going to external view

I have localized this issue to this mod. It is only an issue for campaign and war patrol. Turning my graphics way down helped, but I shouldn't have to do that because I have a 2060, and it runs buttery smooth during single missions and training with highest graphics.

The actual issue is that whenever I use any external view(bridge, periscopes), my game crashes. Why is this happening? I have the Steam version and the Uboat missions DLC. I also only have the Uboat missions DLC and not the base game, because I think the "DLC" is the updated game itself. I don't know how to solve this..
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 12:51 PM   #1428
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!...WTF indeed!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 01:57 PM   #1429
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Welcome aboard...

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!
Old 08-18-22, 03:00 PM   #1430
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Swabbie

I can even go into a save, change graphics to high and it'll work. But if I load into a save with graphics high it will CTD.

Any idea to fix my issue?

Thank in advance
Old 08-18-22, 03:06 PM   #1431
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

hey WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wellcom...
I can't believe that some play this fabulous mod of the time...
I offer you a work list if that tells you friends..

[MODS]
RFB_2.0=1
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010=2
4_RFB_2.0_Patch_06June2019=3
RFB Japanese Troop Convoys=4
RSRDC_RFB_V575=5
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1=6
Radio RAK-7 (CND-46155)=7
Fixed Zero Bomb Load RSRDC=8
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC=9
Nav Map Make-Over v2.1=10
NMMO Airbase Add-on=11
NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 with AB=12
SH4_original_4k_light_gray=13
Improved Stock Environment_v3_TMO&RFB=14
#3_PE4_TM_Submarine_Stock_caustics_rolllpitch_deep er=15
Snarf_WoodModelv2=16
SH4 Authentic Flags Mod=17
#2 ISE Realistic Colors=18
#4 PE4 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies=19
PE4_high quality bow and stern wakes (stock SH4 lower FPS)=20
SMALLER SEABED ROCKS=21
SMALLER SEA PLANTS SMALL=22
Eliminate Floating Plankton_KM=23
TMO19_interior3d_SCLASS_overhaul=24
TMO19_interior3d_SALMON_overhaul=25
TMO19_interior3d_PORPOISE_overhaul=26
TMO19_interior3d_GATO_overhaul=27
TMO_interior3d_BALAO_overhaul=28
Webster's Missing Voices=29
Webster's Reduced Radio Traffic=30
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix for v1.4 and v1.5=31
Webster's Ship Draft Fix=32
Websters Real Lifeboats Fix for v1.5=33
Webster's Improved US Torpedo v1=34
Webster's Torpedo Test Missions for v1.5=35
sobers better sand II=36
sobers compass mod_grey-scale=37
410 TMOPlot09032013=38
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4=39
MadMaxs_SH4_DD_Pack_V3.0=40
Torpedo Graphics for TMO+RFB=41
go quickly to work ... good editing have fun
kind regards Kal Maximus U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 03:46 PM   #1432
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Swabbie

The only mod I have running is RFB and I am still having that issue I am using JSGME for Modding and my order is:

RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
4_RFB_2.0_Patch_06June2019

I am now getting white squares instead of the gauges as well as white walls in the sub, and still getting the CTD. I am really frustrated and dont know what to do.
Old 08-18-22, 04:09 PM   #1433
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
The only mod I have running is RFB and I am still having that issue I am using JSGME for Modding and my order is:

RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
4_RFB_2.0_Patch_06June2019

I am now getting white squares instead of the gauges as well as white walls in the sub, and still getting the CTD. I am really frustrated and dont know what to do.

Ok... I'll ask about the "elephant" in the room, so to speak, here...

Couple of quick questions...

1. What copy version, is your SH4 that you have... & also helpful, source of it... disk, Steam, Ubi... a bearded lady... (sorry, My weird sense of humor... back Guido... *whip crack* back I say... )

2. Where that copy of it, is installed... exactly.???

3. You got that copy 4GB patched, or using Large Address Aware on it...???

4. Trying to run more than 1 copy of SH4, mod mixed... by chance..????

Info on these, will be... of great help here... to see of pinning down the cause of your... malaise, there. Bear in mind, in case of issues again, in the future... the more info you provide, the better it helps to help resolve those issues...

M. M.
Old 08-18-22, 10:41 PM   #1434
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Swabbie

1.I have the steam copy. I bought Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, then realized I couldn't mod without Uboat Missions so I bought that too. Then I uninstalled the base game and downloaded the Uboat Missions. Then I installed JSGME and RFB. Also my version is 1.5

2. I have it installed on a Hard drive.

3. I'm not quite sure what this question means, I haven't heard of a patch for the game itself, nor have I heard of "Large Address Aware"

4. What do you mean by this? Unless some remanence of the base game only download is still on my computer, it should only be one.

Thank you so much for helping me out. I really want to get into this game
Old 08-18-22, 11:10 PM   #1435
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
1.I have the steam copy. I bought Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, then realized I couldn't mod without Uboat Missions so I bought that too. Then I uninstalled the base game and downloaded the Uboat Missions. Then I installed JSGME and RFB.

3. I'm not quite sure what this question means, I haven't heard of a patch for the game itself, nor have I heard of "Large Address Aware"

4. What do you mean by this? Unless some remanence of the base game only download is still on my computer, it should only be one.

Ok, on where it is installed, means the file folder pathway to where it is installed.

Using My copy, as an example:

E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SH-megamods\SH4-megamods\SH4-OM Dark Waters v6

main thing is... with it, even being with Steam... it is NOT default installed there in Window's under /Program files

much less /Program files (x86)

Both of those, are Window's rabid pit bull on steroids, aka UAC's, terror-tory.

User Account Control or UAC, for shot... does NOT like any tampering of files, folders & the like... in "its" terror-tory... at ALL... even if you, the user, tell it otherwise.

So, best thing to do... is avoid installing any games (or game launchers subsequent games launchers there)... EVER.

Did I stress.... EVER. Just know, that doing so... will NOT end well... at ALL.

Now, as for the version of your copy, that's good... as the mod mix's... RFB, included here... call for v1.5, which... is what "Silent Hunter IV - Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions"... is.

So, that covers points 1... & 2, there.

Now... For point 3.

4GB patch, is not so much a patch for the game itself... per se. This is more of a how to, guide for dummies... for your computer. In short, it's a kick in its pants, to tell it... hey dummy, this game (though that could also go for any other game that can handle that patch for that matter, but... we'll stay focused here on SH IV ) has unfettered, unrestricted access, to 4 gigs of RAM, to use.

NOT that it will take up all that RAM... just that its earmarked to have that power... savvy...

Now, Myself... I use Large Address Aware, & why, is... because it is so simple to use, that even a cave man... could use it...

It's a simple, 3 step process, to just the same thing as that 4GB patch kit... without all the hassle.

1. Point the app, at where your games .exe is.

2. Check mark the box, tagging the game for that 4gb RAM access.

3. Click apply or ok &...

presto change-o... done.

Eazy Peazy... Mac & cheezy.!

On to point 4.

If you are completely sure of "ONLY" running with that mod set, RFB... as the only 1 you're going to have, then fine...

Just know, that it is possible to run more than 1 mod mix, just that I'd suggest strongly... to keep a back up, unmodded copy of SH4... & use MultiSH4... MultiSH4, makes a complete, separate game save folder... which is useful to keep 2, or more SH IV's that have been modded... from cross contaminating the others save folder.

Just food for thought, on the off chance, that you do decide to want to run more than 1 copy of SH4.

The only other thing is... if you go to want to try another mod mix & not continue with RFB... to do so, you'll need to nuke vaporize the SH IV install & reinstall it, once more...

But... that's just info... for future reference.

Hope this helps... clarify things.

M. M.
Old 08-20-22, 09:31 PM   #1436
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I have localized this issue to this mod. It is only an issue for campaign and war patrol. Turning my graphics way down helped, but I shouldn't have to do that because I have a 2060, and it runs buttery smooth during single missions and training with highest graphics.

The actual issue is that whenever I use any external view(bridge, periscopes), my game crashes. Why is this happening? I have the Steam version and the Uboat missions DLC. I also only have the Uboat missions DLC and not the base game, because I think the "DLC" is the updated game itself. I don't know how to solve this..
When you first activated the mod, did you delete the Save folder data (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4)? The game iin career mode mostly runs off of the data there. If you do not empty it prior to playing the new mod configuration, you will not have a complete mod activation, and can have issues like you describe.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-22, 09:56 AM   #1437
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
1.I have the steam copy. I bought Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, then realized I couldn't mod without Uboat Missions so I bought that too. Then I uninstalled the base game and downloaded the Uboat Missions. Then I installed JSGME and RFB. Also my version is 1.5

Hey WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

to start create a "Backup" of your Install you can believe me it will help you... this "Backup" puts it where you want because when you want to perform several Installs it is very useful

l installation here for me Ex: ( D:\Sh4\Sh4_RFB)

screen n1
1 folder named MOD here you place your "mods"
2 you Install "Large-Adress" or "patch 4go" as you want...
3 JSGME must be installed which provides you with the "MOD" folder
4 "Multish4" allows you to create several installations of your games. Note that you will find it here: C:\Users"You pc"\Documents\RFB

screen n2
5 you will find here the "Exe" of your application that you send to your desktop ... you can rename it as you want then we go to the settings for use ...

your installation path 1
adjust as desired...
personally I do not disable optimizations and I am not in windo 7 compatibility
all works without problem I think Windo7 compatibility is useless because the Kernel & runtime library likes it... under windo10
A&B&C&D

Then B your path d Install "mods" 6 the Backup
when you have problems you deactivate all your "mods" you have a folder named Backup don't forget to empty it systematically after having them problems otherwise you will have the same things again..!! same with game saves you remove all ..

here C you have JSGME here you will have the display of your construction as well as other details..

now at work you have no excuse ... and good editing ... have fun

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 08-21-22 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-22-22, 01:27 AM   #1438
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Swabbie

Mad Mardigan,

I have it installed on a separate hard drive to my boot drive, location is "G:\Game Files\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific"

For the 4 gb patch, do you have a link to a download or somewhere where I could get one?

propbeanie,

I just tried deleting and trying again, to no avail

Kal_Maximus_U669,

It is late in the day right now so I will look over your instructions when I have the opportunity
Old 08-22-22, 05:27 AM   #1439
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default sh4 patch 4go

You have to make an effort my friend otherwise it will be complicated...
Google is your friend...

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=2889
Old 08-22-22, 07:01 AM   #1440
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

4Gig Patch which is in the SH3 section, but works as well with SH4, or any older 32-bit app that it written in 64-bit flat addressing and does NOT have the header bits already set.

Large Address Aware (LAA), which might require downloading some NetFramework files on your computer.

Both applets serve the same function, and that is to flip a couple of bits in the header of the executable that lets Windows know that the app (SH4.exe in this case) can address more RAM without the use of an offset. You want to make certain that SH4.exe is write-enabled for one of these to take. So find the SH4.exe file in your install folder, right-click on it, and choose "Properties" from the bottom of the resultant context menu. That will bring up a little dialog, and the setting you want will be on the "General" tab. At that bottom of that page is an "Attributes" section, and a "Read-only" tick box. Make certain that box is cleared, and the file is then "write-enabled". The patch files should then function as intended.

That same "Properties" window is where you can set the video stuff on the "Compatibility" tab, as Kal_Maximus_U669 points out in about the middle of his pictures posting above...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote