SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-15-12, 12:23 PM   #3376
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerkat View Post
just getting back to sh3 and read this thread about this add-on to fix alot of things in sh3. Is there a thread on how to create a working directory so that i can try out these new fixes?
Download the fix from the link on page 1 of this thread. H.sie included an excellent Read Me explaining everything that you need to do.

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 01:26 PM   #3377
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerkat View Post
just getting back to sh3 and read this thread about this add-on to fix alot of things in sh3. Is there a thread on how to create a working directory so that i can try out these new fixes?
A working Directory is basically a 'New Folder' Extract the patch in it, put your SH3.EXE in there too and run the patch.

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 06:50 AM   #3378
Vermin
Helmsman

Downloads: 39

I have been away too long it seems! This is amazing! Now IIRC from the readme...

Additional Fixes by Stiebler
Stiebler has also programmed some nice hardcode Fixes for SH3, e.g.
·
Grid Change Mod
·
Surrender Mod
·
CAM-ship Mod
·
‘Smoke-on-horizon’ Mod
·
Silent-Running Mod
·
Asdic in shallow-waters Fix.
These are not contained in „my“ Patch-Kit, but Stiebler will surely provide his fixes in the

near future, either as an Addon or as an discrete Patch-Kit.

Have these been released as well?

Thanks

Vermin
Vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 06:54 AM   #3379
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

yep, see here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193301

read the manual carefully before installation
Old 05-19-12, 08:47 AM   #3380
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Hsie,any chance to incorporate Stiebler fixes into your main patch.It took me alot of tweaking and testing and tweaking etc to add his patch on top of how hard your patch is to incorporate.Makes it seem like all the hard work put into both patches are only if you are smart enough to be able to apply them and you lose some users that way IMO.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 05:45 PM   #3381
Victor Schutze
Chief

Downloads: 466
It's called the mod soup syndrome.
Victor Schutze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 07:35 PM   #3382
kaizerkat
Helmsman

Downloads: 498

Is it possible just to install sh3 normal to C: program files, then gwx3 and then the hard code fix patch in that order or do i still need to create a folder and extract fix in folder along with sh3.exe?
kaizerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 01:04 AM   #3383
Vermin
Helmsman

Downloads: 39

Great news!

Thanks muchly!
Vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 04:16 AM   #3384
h.sie
Admiral

ok, I'll help Stiebler to create a 1-step Patch Kit to apply both mine and his patches in one single step (instead of two steps as before).

BUT: there will still remain some tiresome manual editing work to do with some textfiles (e.g. campaign_scr.mis, en_menu.txt as usual, because these files differ from installation to installation).

h.sie

@Victor_Schutze: Are you interested to program an intelligent installer that automates all the neccessary changes? This would be a constructive contribution and would prevent mod-salad for those who are currently overstrained with the install instructions.
Old 05-20-12, 07:11 AM   #3385
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72

@kaizerkat
Installation sh3 directory recommended by UBI is unfavorable for GWX because newer versions of Windows trying to prohibit full file access by programs other than the installers assigned to these programs. JSGME is not a registered installer SH3, so the game files can be treated as read-only files. In this case, modding the game can be impossible.

I prepared a special package:
GWX Hardcode Fixes V16B1 for dummies
http://www.mediafire.com/?babdcso3pylrlcw
https://rapidshare.com/files/3968076...ummies_1.01.7z

This small pack contains:
1. H.Sie V16B1-Patch-Kit prepared for GWX 3.0
2. H.Sie More wounded & less dead crew v2 - for V16B1
3. JSGME v.2.6.0.157 upgrade

Installation is simple.
1. The newer version of JSGME makes it possible to save the configuration before you disable all mods and restore it after installation (menu commands).
2. Disable all mods, then unzip the package to the directory SH3 (with replacement files) and run the installer file SetupHF.bat in that directory.
3. Restore JSGME mods configuration and enable "GWX HardcodeFixes" and "GWX HardcodeFixes - O2-Gauges" options.
Thats all.

@H.Sie I hope not to offend by easier installation of your work for GWX users. This setup can be easily adapted also to other supermods, and even should be possible to adapt it to the system for all existing supermods.

Some features:
- Installer patch currently used version of SH3.EXE (by setupHF.bat via Patch_SH3.bat)
- It is not possible to run SH3.EXE with enabled "GWX HardcodeFixes" before patch
- The "GWX HardcodeFixes" has context-sentisive label (in JSGME) indicating the current status of the patch.

Last edited by Olamagato; 05-20-12 at 03:01 PM.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 08:50 AM   #3386
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Thanks Stiebler and Hsie.Fellas,I think that an easy way to avoid the mod soup with this mod is to have it so that you patch the .exe and enable the supplemental folder.To finish you choose one final folder....stock/NYGM/GWX/LSH.Thats 4 files already appended which will save a good amount of the less intelligent(me as that threw me for a loop) from running your file without all its necessities.That right there covers alot of people.

I know its more work but its easy when you know what your doing and seems impossible when you don't.
Old 05-20-12, 09:58 AM   #3387
h.sie
Admiral

Wolfstriked: Not a good idea IMO. There are 5 different supermods, about 10 different GUIs. and every of those 50 possible combinations would require an individual Supplement Folder.

A better idea would be an intelligent and configurable (via script) installer that automates all the tiresome patching progress.

But I don't have the time to do that. Maybe another one is interested in an interesting challenge.
Old 05-20-12, 10:01 AM   #3388
h.sie
Admiral

Thanks, Olamagato. Your help is - of course - far from being an offense.

Your Pack is for GWX3.0 Standard-Campaign + Stock GWX GUI only, right?

Last edited by h.sie; 05-20-12 at 10:20 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 11:01 AM   #3389
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72

This pack is for any mod-set based on GWX 3.0 with any GUI (known to me). Support GUI with your Colored Hull Integrity too.
Tested on my XP SP3 and Win7 Home.

@Wolfstriked
The intelligent installer that allows use of any super-mod can be made by me when I finish my GUI Editor. This is not a big problem to make such a setup, but it will require tests of all supermods and most well-known GUIs, which means a lot of time to use. Which also does not have.

Last edited by Olamagato; 05-20-12 at 11:22 AM.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 11:51 AM   #3390
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Yep,forgot the GUI's. Olamagato,that would be great indeed.Lots of work though as you mention.If you can't then append it is.