SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-23, 12:28 AM   #1051
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 584
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo13 View Post
Someone please help, Installed the Wolves of Steel mod with no issues, but upon loading into a career or historical mission, these boxes appear on screen and i cannot figure out how to remove them!

im also not sure how to upload screenshots so im hoping that by copy and pasting the link below into the search bar it will show you what im seeing.
Thanks

C:/Users/Jamie/Desktop/SH5/Silent.Hunter.5.Battle.of.the.Atlantic/SH5Img@2023-07-12_16.06.14.bmp

First, your link is just local and only available on your computer.
Second, how this window looks, if you cannot a screenshot? Are this boxes just black or gray with white or silver border like this ones?

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-23, 05:04 AM   #1052
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Default TWoS

It is exactly the same as the second picture inside the bunker! My apologies for linking an image incorrectly, I am not very computer savvy!
Jimbo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-23, 07:16 AM   #1053
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
It is exactly the same as the second picture inside the bunker! My apologies for linking an image incorrectly, I am not very computer savvy!
In this case something went wrong at installation of TWoS.

The best will be to reinstall SH5, update to version 1.2 and then install TWOS again. And please do what the installation manual of TWoS tell about. And please remember, do not install SH5 in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)".
BTW: My experience about the installation of TWoS is, to start the setup as administrator.

Last patch of SH5 you can find here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5168
The installation manual of TWoS you will find here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ru57h...structions.pdf

Old 07-13-23, 11:15 AM   #1054
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Default TWoS

I have tried reinstalling it 10 times over now onto clean versions of the game and it simply will not go away, i have followed the installation instructions exactly as written. the only difference i am having is with the Generic Patcher, it states i should Open file and press Enter "40 times or so" until all 9 Patches show on screen, altough i am only getting one patch appear. I have exhausted my options and are now becoming extremely frustrated, any further advice is very much wanted and appreciated.
Old 07-13-23, 02:20 PM   #1055
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Default TWoS Issues

I am having an issue where a black box covers the majority of the screen when i load into the bunker/quick mission, along with a black box with grey outline with an "accept" button in the lower right corner of this box (pressing it does nothing).. other issues i am having are that the "captain" or whatever he is called to get missions in my career mode is blank, there is nothing for me to select, same with the submarine upgrades guy, nothing to click on in the text box. i am certain i am running V1.2.0 of the game and i have the latest version of TWoS mod. Another issue i am having is with the Generic Patcher, in the installation instructions it states there should be 9 patches visible if done correctly, only 1 is showing in my case, i have tried several times and followed all instructions by the letter. I need HELP!
I think i have worked out how to upload photos but since there are so many i will link the whole album.
I have tried to be as detailed as possible and am more than happy to add more if needed.
PLEASE HELP!!
Best point of contact would be discord @ jimbo13slice
but i will be on here daily.
Kind regards,
James
https://postimg.cc/gallery/sryNz9P

Old 07-13-23, 02:38 PM   #1056
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Default TWoS

screenshots of all my files and mod manager
https://postimg.cc/gallery/sryNz9P
Old 07-13-23, 09:09 PM   #1057
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

What folder are you trying to install the game into Jimbo13? Also, what is the source of your game? ie: Steam, or Ubisoft?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-23, 10:52 PM   #1058
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

if it just the Generic Patcher not working right you can try doing it from the game folder see if it works that way
Old 07-14-23, 04:01 AM   #1059
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
What folder are you trying to install the game into Jimbo13? Also, what is the source of your game? ie: Steam, or Ubisoft?
I install the game in my documents, I have a CD version of the game, it’s very old.
Old 07-14-23, 04:02 AM   #1060
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
if it just the Generic Patcher not working right you can try doing it from the game folder see if it works that way
Could you elaborate on that a little more please? What do you mean, I don’t quite understand sorry!!
Old 07-14-23, 06:19 AM   #1061
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Default TWoS

I have got the generic patcher working correctly now showing all 9 patches, is there anything in there that might remove those boxes from my screen?
I simply cannot follow the install instructions any more than i already do, everything is as instructed.
Old 07-14-23, 09:20 AM   #1062
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I have got the generic patcher working correctly now showing all 9 patches, is there anything in there that might remove those boxes from my screen?
I simply cannot follow the install instructions any more than i already do, everything is as instructed.

If you have there all 9 patches, then you just have to restore the snapshot and close the patcher.

Old 07-14-23, 10:15 AM   #1063
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Done all the generic patcher stuff, that’s working fine, but I’m still getting those boxes on screen when in game, possibly an issue with my copy of the game I reckon
Old 07-16-23, 12:54 AM   #1064
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Done all the generic patcher stuff, that’s working fine, but I’m still getting those boxes on screen when in game, possibly an issue with my copy of the game I reckon
i use to get them boxes was when i did a update to TWoS way i fix was a complete uninstall and make sure everything was clean off then reinstall sh5 and use the full TWoS download
Old 07-16-23, 04:57 AM   #1065
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:

Did SH5 works without TWoS?