SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-29-21, 10:11 PM   #946
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Hi mortonsk9s,
This is common problem for SH5 newcomers but the exact cause is unknown to me. Most likely something regarding game/mod installation. Try to reinstall your game completely but this time to some "shorter" location. D/Silent hunter 5 for example...
IIRC similar problems are caused by corrupted UI files or improper UI mod installation (e.g. UI mod installed on top of vanilla game before applying the official patch v1.2.0).

@ mortonsk9s

A couple of questions: are you sure that your game was actually patched? For some reason, sometimes the pacth wont install correctly even though the automatic updater says it was. Better downloading and installing the pacth manually. Yo can download the manual pacth from this link.

Did you install the patch on vanilla game? The correct order of installation should be: "clean" game - "patch 1.2.0" - TWoS. If you invert the last two steps, the game is likely to become corrupt.

P.S. welcome aboard!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 12:42 PM   #947
mortonsk9s
Nub

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

I basically just purchased it off of ubisoft connect instead of the dvd and it works now. just getting used to the differences from the original version. I did notice with the ubisoft digital version it has to verfiy everytime i open the game. the DVD version did not. Either way i am up and going and i am happy. I have noticed that even thought i start a campaign and save then exit and reload sometimes it doesn't work right. No messages from bdu received, no dud torpedoes faster reloading stuff like that. So I had to restart the Poland campaign like 5 times but now i am good to go seems to work every time.

I do notice sometimes and it is probably my graphic card settings, is when the torpedo window opens up when it is almost ready to impact sometimes my game minimizes and the game audio will re-loop for like 10 seconds and then it goes back to normal, but it only happens when the game minimize is there a way to turn off the torpedo video window? I must admit I do like the changes in the twos mod. It is crazy thought I have a pretty high end system and can run new games at 100-150 FPS at my resolution on ultra settings, but i only get around 35-40 fps on this game anyone notice the frame rate ?
mortonsk9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 08:03 AM   #948
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5
Default Windows 10

Hello fellow wolves of steel,

I decided to give TWOS a try again after few years and since i finally moved to w10, you already know where this will lead to

My current issue is that i already have old DVD version of SH5 with standard old school 1.2 patch downloaded in my installation folder and i was always playing it with "fixed" exe file to be able to play without uplay etc.

Guess what, it doesn't work at w10, no matter which compatibility settings i use (tried them all, of course running as admint etc.).
The game is eighter flickering fullscreen unable to click in to it, unable to run main menu, or not flickering screen without sound, again, unable to run main menu (crash without message after intro).

When i tried Steam version, uplay was not able to connect -> refund.

So i would like to ask if somebody know, am i able to find some fix of my "offline" version of game, or will i have to use Steam version with some fix of that uplay util?

Thanks and have a nice day
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 08:16 AM   #949
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post

I decided to give TWOS a try again after few years and since i finally moved to w10, you already know where this will lead to

My current issue is that i already have old DVD version of SH5 with standard old school 1.2 patch downloaded in my installation folder and i was always playing it with "fixed" exe file to be able to play without uplay etc.

Guess what, it doesn't work at w10, no matter which compatibility settings i use (tried them all, of course running as admint etc.).
The game is eighter flickering fullscreen unable to click in to it, unable to run main menu, or not flickering screen without sound, again, unable to run main menu (crash without message after intro).

So i would like to ask if somebody know, am i able to find some fix of my "offline" version of game, or will i have to use Steam version with some fix of that uplay util?

you may download "correct" sh5.exe via the link provided with TWOS documentation. this file is necessary to be manually replaced prior to TWOS installation...
Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 01:54 PM   #950
palmic
Grey Wolf

Thank you for reply, but this doesn't work.
I have the same exe even in my install folder, so it does the same what i wrote (not starting)
Old 11-11-21, 02:12 PM   #951
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:

Welcome back Palmic!
Could it be drivers problem? Does unaltered stock game work?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 03:06 PM   #952
palmic
Grey Wolf

Veckooooo!!!!!!

I dont know, but its strange. sh5 doesn't even appear at tray, i had to find it in task manager details tab to kill it after intro as it wasn't even in running processes...
Unaltered game doesn't work, i tried to run it to main menu before modding, that was my approach even before at win7.

Ill try to fix that during weekend as i don't have enough time for it now.
In worst case i will try to run Steam version, i just like this offline version as it comes handy
Old 11-11-21, 04:38 PM   #953
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338

Quote:
Veckooooo!!!!!!

I dont know, but its strange. sh5 doesn't even appear at tray, i had to find it in task manager details tab to kill it after intro as it wasn't even in running processes...
Unaltered game doesn't work, i tried to run it to main menu before modding, that was my approach even before at win7.

Ill try to fix that during weekend as i don't have enough time for it now.
In worst case i will try to run Steam version, i just like this offline version as it comes handy
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/ena...k-2-windows-8/
Old 11-12-21, 04:47 AM   #954
palmic
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-190 View Post
Thank you for message, unfortunately this was also not the culprit my .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 seems to be ok and i tried to even reinstall that by that article.
Old 11-12-21, 05:01 AM   #955
Angelis
A-ganger

Downloads: 143

Quote:
Thank you for message, unfortunately this was also not the culprit my .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 seems to be ok and i tried to even reinstall that by that article.

I don't know your computer specs but maybe SH tries to start on your integrated and not your dedicated graphics card. At least worth to check.
Angelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 05:07 AM   #956
palmic
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
I don't know your computer specs but maybe SH tries to start on your integrated and not your dedicated graphics card. At least worth to check.
Good point I dont have MB VGA driver installed, i have just my standard GTX 1080 in devices / display adapters, so this is also not the case.
Driver is current fresh one and windows 10 fully updated of course.
I dont know if my 2560x1440 resolution cannot be issue, because intro runs in small window, but what makes me confused is that app is even not to be found in standard running processes list and after UBISOFT logo (before intro video itself) it just freezes and then i just "clean" it from screen by dragging any window across that like with rubber on paper.

Before that .NET reinstallation it did the same, just the freeze was after intro video and it was muted.
Old 11-12-21, 06:25 AM   #957
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97

palmic

have you tried to reinstall Win10, or at least backup its recovery point?
Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 06:33 AM   #958
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Turn off Defender antivirus protection in Windows Security

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-a4d776b77960

or add the SH5 process to the exceptions Windows Defender.

Try updating Directx and Visual C++
Old 11-12-21, 11:19 AM   #959
palmic
Grey Wolf

Icon14

This forum was helpful.

I reinstalled vcredist_x86 from here and followed exactly this point:
Quote:
#1 - go to SH5 folder
#2 Right click the exe and then click 'Porperies' in the context menu
#3 Click "Change DPI Settings"
#4 Enable "Override high DPI scaling behaviour"
#5 Choose "Application"
#6 OK OK OK OKOKOKOK
Windows Vista compatibility setting of exe file works and Windows 7 recommended in TWOS readme too.

And of course, i made my offline version working which is the best, thank you all

Last edited by palmic; 11-12-21 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-12-21, 11:39 AM   #960
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:

This forum was helpful.

I reinstalled vcredist_x86 from here and followed exactly this point:

Windows Vista compatibility setting of exe file works and Windows 7 recommended in TWOS readme too.

And of course, i made my offline version working which is the best, thank you all
Well, thank God! Congratulations to you, friend!