SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-04-23, 04:46 AM   #1171
Lele007
Swabbie

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0
Icon11

Awesome. If those torpedo tubes can swivel and launch fish it'd be a crying shame if someone doesn't mod it into a playable unit. I recommend the boat should get lots of skin packs to simulate disguises. I'm currently playing Chinese U-47's wsm2.0, my GeAux is flying a Greek flag right now. I'm testing some edits to AI_sensorDAT to lower enemy detection range to model a successful disguise. Unfortunately there are no skins to be found anywhere for my Raider. I tried to swap in tgas from the ClassName=KGN (large merchant) in nygm which is moded off the GeAuxCruiser in stock but it isnt working, maybe because of the deleted seaplane.
@itadriver if you see this, skin packs with false flags for commerce raiders por favor
Lele007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-23, 09:06 AM   #1172
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lele007 View Post
Awesome. If those torpedo tubes can swivel and launch fish it'd be a crying shame if someone doesn't mod it into a playable unit.
They can swivel for sure and point the enemy units, but can't launch torpedoes in AI, sorry.

Best regards,
Vd

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-23, 09:24 AM   #1173
VonDos
Admiral

radar

Hi everyone!
Today, another new WIP introduced!
A little surprise, this is not an historical Kriegsmarine ships in service, but a "what if", similar to italian Aquila carrier.
Well, in reality the ship began to be built, but she was never completed. She was launched as an heavy cruiser (the Seydlitz, Hipper class), but when 95% completed she was selected for conversion into auxiliary aircraft carriers in early 1942. So, she changed her name in "Weser":

The real one during conversion, without superstructures:

Hope you like her!

Best regards,
Vd

Last edited by VonDos; 09-30-23 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-30-23, 12:29 PM   #1174
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Hi everyone!
Today, another new WIP introduced!
A little surprise, this is not an historical Kriegsmarine ships in service, but a "what if", similar to italian Aquila carrier.
Well, in reality the ship began to be built, but she was never completed. She was launched as an heavy cruiser (the Seydlitz, Hipper class), but when 95% completed she was selected for conversion into auxiliary aircraft carriers in early 1942. So, she changed her name in "Weser":

The real one during conversion, without superstructures:

Hope you like her!

Best regards,
Vd
"Seydlitz" was complete. NAA.011.257 say this: "... The 8" Cruizer "Seydlitz" at Bremen is reported to be now complete. ..."
Not find now, but read any english document where was say, that 11 june 1942 year this cruiser was sunk by mine near Tallin. And have superstructure above water only. Not say that was document was, so forget now. Write in himself research only. May be find this docu,ment later and write what was in it.
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-23, 12:58 PM   #1175
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Not find, may be lost with lost hard discs. Apparantly was from NAA with any namber.
Old 10-01-23, 08:46 AM   #1176
VonDos
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis_469 View Post
"Seydlitz" was complete. NAA.011.257 say this: "... The 8" Cruizer "Seydlitz" at Bremen is reported to be now complete. ..."
Not find now, but read any english document where was say, that 11 june 1942 year this cruiser was sunk by mine near Tallin. And have superstructure above water only. Not say that was document was, so forget now. Write in himself research only. May be find this docu,ment later and write what was in it.
Didn't know this. Only news i found say:

Seydlitz was a heavy cruiser of Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine, fourth in the Admiral Hipper class, but was never completed. The ship was laid down in December 1936 and launched in January 1939, but the outbreak of World War II slowed her construction and fitting-out work was finally stopped in the summer of 1940 when she was approximately 95 percent complete. The unfinished ship remained pier-side in the shipyard until March 1942, when the Kriegsmarine decided to pursue aircraft carriers over surface combatants. Seydlitz was among the vessels chosen for conversion into auxiliary aircraft carriers.

I've also found pics of ship partially completed, with superstructures partially assembled and without superstructures during conversion.
Interesting trivia btw.

Meanwhile, works are in progres with auxiliary cruiser \ commerce raider Komet too.
Here's a trio of pics, with latest updates and fantastic textures from Flush Deck, as always a great artist!

Best regards,
Vd

Old 10-01-23, 02:00 PM   #1177
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27

Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-23, 02:51 PM   #1178
Lele007
Swabbie

Downloads: 73

Quote:

Seydlitz was a heavy cruiser of Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine, fourth in the Admiral Hipper class, but was never completed. The ship was laid down in December 1936 and launched in January 1939, but the outbreak of World War II slowed her construction and fitting-out work was finally stopped in the summer of 1940 when she was approximately 95 percent complete. The unfinished ship remained pier-side in the shipyard until March 1942, when the Kriegsmarine decided to pursue aircraft carriers over surface combatants. Seydlitz was among the vessels chosen for conversion into auxiliary aircraft carriers.

I've also found pics of ship partially completed, with superstructures partially assembled and without superstructures during conversion.
Interesting trivia btw.

Meanwhile, works are in progres with auxiliary cruiser \ commerce raider Komet too.
Here's a trio of pics, with latest updates and fantastic textures from Flush Deck, as always a great artist!

Best regards,
Vd
Yessss
Lele007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-23, 03:09 PM   #1179
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:

Interesting trivia btw.

Best regards,
Vd
Not worry This is documents NAA series. Not for people, but for researcher only. It is secret documents not for otehr except researcher. You can not read this.
Simple for understand: later in Russian, so my English not good for describe: история делится на историю для толпы (населения) и историю для элит. Историю для толпы пишут элиты, которые сами желают знать чего и как было на самом деле. Потому историки для элит имеют доступы к таким документам, к которым обычные историки для толпы доступа не имеют. И реальная история, которая для элит, очень сильно отличается от той истории для толпы, которые пишут в разных странах разные элиты для своего населения. И документы серии NAA не предназначены для толпы, хотя... они сейчас есть в продаже, и те, кому интересно, и главное, у кого есть деньги на те покупки, то они могут себе купить те документы, и прочесть их. Можешь поверить, что там ну очень много всякого разного и неизвестного широкой публике.
Old 10-01-23, 04:23 PM   #1180
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

VonDos не обижайся на мои слова про разные истории - это правда. И про то, что я рассказал как всё было на самом деле тоже не обижайся на меня. То, что читают в учебниках истории и рассказах историков для толпы - это только официоз: каждая власть каждой страны считает что она решает какую именно историю должен знать её народ - ту историю и пишет. А сами власти считают нужным знать реальную историю. В том числе и по действиям подводных лодок (это моё исследование). И вот 30 сентября с из Германии скачал примерно 30 гигабайт архива с отчётами германских надводных кораблей всех классов 2 мировой войны. Это всё высококачественные сканы германских документов различных боевых кораблей и катеров. Примерно 4-5 тысяч страниц сканированных документов. И получил абсолютно бесплатно. Все германские документы надводных кораблей, что были отсканированы уже.
Если интересна реальная история, то мой сайт: https://sovpl.forum24.ru/?0-3-0 - это моё исследование, которое ещё не издают в России, так как ждут, когда я ещё найду победы советских подводных лодок 2 мировой войны, ну и в целом улучшу своё исследование.
Old 10-01-23, 06:03 PM   #1181
VonDos
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis_469 View Post
VonDos не обижайся на мои слова про разные истории - это правда. И про то, что я рассказал как всё было на самом деле тоже не обижайся на меня. То, что читают в учебниках истории и рассказах историков для толпы - это только официоз: каждая власть каждой страны считает что она решает какую именно историю должен знать её народ - ту историю и пишет. А сами власти считают нужным знать реальную историю. В том числе и по действиям подводных лодок (это моё исследование). И вот 30 сентября с из Германии скачал примерно 30 гигабайт архива с отчётами германских надводных кораблей всех классов 2 мировой войны. Это всё высококачественные сканы германских документов различных боевых кораблей и катеров. Примерно 4-5 тысяч страниц сканированных документов. И получил абсолютно бесплатно. Все германские документы надводных кораблей, что были отсканированы уже.
Если интересна реальная история, то мой сайт: https://sovpl.forum24.ru/?0-3-0 - это моё исследование, которое ещё не издают в России, так как ждут, когда я ещё найду победы советских подводных лодок 2 мировой войны, ну и в целом улучшу своё исследование.
Don't worry, I'm not offended at all!
Thanks for the information you shared! I'll try to take a look at it, hoping that the translator doesn't betray me.

The search for the truth is always a valuable topic, and the sources are not always accessible or reliable.

Best regards,
Vd

Old 10-03-23, 12:59 PM   #1182
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Very nice!!

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-23, 03:43 PM   #1183
VonDos
Admiral

radar

Hi everyone!

Kriegsmarine HSK 7 Komet auxiliary cruiser released:

D\L link: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6374

Discussion page: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=256096

Best regards,
Vd

Last edited by VonDos; 10-27-23 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-06-23, 03:52 PM   #1184
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Wonderful!

Many thanks, VonDos.

I think the ship needs scripting in campaign, yes? Or is only a "merchant" under german flag (german in roster)?

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-23, 03:57 PM   #1185
VonDos
Admiral

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Wonderful!

Many thanks, VonDos.

I think the ship needs scripting in campaign, yes? Or is only a "merchant" under german flag (german in roster)?

Fitzcarraldo
Thank you so much!

The unit is UnitType=13, military, auxiliary cruiser type.
So, yes, she need scripting.

Best regards,
Vd

Tags
kriegs marine, ocean liners, regia marina, royal hellenic navy, warships