SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-08, 09:21 AM   #136
ManoFDeep
Nub

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoFDeep
Hi Lurker first of all thx for this mod and thx for give always your best in your projects.Well since this is my first post, altrough I'm a costant reader of the board,I will make only one for now.I wonder if its normal that my damage team have only two crew members?
Thx again
Yes, but you can add more from the other compartments if you want to
I wish I can do that but I have only two slot aviable for the crew in the damage controll team instead for the deck gun I have six men there I think its like inverted or something because with two person only they will take forever to repair the most serious problem neither the most exsperiance crew can do the job with only two people I hope you can help
thx
ManoFDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 05:39 PM   #137
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Hi Lurker first of all thx for this mod and thx for give always your best in your projects.Well since this is my first post, altrough I'm a costant reader of the board,I will make only one for now.I wonder if its normal that my damage team have only two crew members?
Thx again
Yes, but you can add more from the other compartments if you want to
I wish I can do that but I have only two slot aviable for the crew in the damage controll team instead for the deck gun I have six men there I think its like inverted or something because with two person only they will take forever to repair the most serious problem neither the most exsperiance crew can do the job with only two people I hope you can help
thx
My error about adding more from another compartment, thinking about a different file. This layout has been tested and works correctly. Please note that when damage is taken, the men within the damage compartment the will conduct the required repairs "along" with the DC party. Create a test mission, were you are attacked and take damage, then you will see that the damage is repaired
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 02:53 AM   #138
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
I wish I can do that but I have only two slot aviable for the crew in the damage controll team instead for the deck gun I have six men there I think its like inverted or something because with two person only they will take forever to repair the most serious problem neither the most exsperiance crew can do the job with only two people
Other than what lurker wrote about DC, the deck gun crew is set up like that since that's what it took to man the deck gun in reality.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 11:42 AM   #139
Deep-Six
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 2

After a long break, this mod my garner my interest in SH4 again. I have been away too long. Some of you maybe wondering where I have been. Well, lets see, I have joined a CoD2 clan and have been playing CoD2 since I was last seen here. If there are anymore mods that I have missed, dont hesitate to tell me.
Old 05-08-08, 08:01 PM   #140
lancerr
Loader

Downloads: 21

Anybody else getting massive slowdowns graphically with OM? I run TMO + RSRDC with no problem but OM slows the game down noticeably?

Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-08, 10:30 PM   #141
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerr
Anybody else getting massive slowdowns graphically with OM? I run TMO + RSRDC with no problem but OM slows the game down noticeably?

Any suggestions?
Where are you at in the world, inport or at sea. Stock 1.5 is known to have "major" fps hits inport & views from the bridge of the Uboat
Old 05-09-08, 09:26 AM   #142
akdavis
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Are you starting in port at Lorient? Lorient brings my comp to its knees.
Old 05-09-08, 10:40 AM   #143
lancerr
Loader

Downloads: 21

Yup - Lorient. So it's not just me.

Why does that happen exactly? Also - I can no longer seem to control the deck gun manually - anyone know what the remapped shortcut keys are?
Old 05-09-08, 01:19 PM   #144
akdavis
Samurai Navy

Quote:

Why does that happen exactly?
I think it is simply because Lorient has a lot of structures and objects placed in a small area. Once you are clear of Lorient, your performance will improve. You can also start outside the harbor.
Old 05-09-08, 10:01 PM   #145
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdavis
Quote:

Why does that happen exactly?
I think it is simply because Lorient has a lot of structures and objects placed in a small area. Once you are clear of Lorient, your performance will improve. You can also start outside the harbor.

It's not OM. The problem is with "stock". Strongly recommend to start a campagin as sea.
Old 05-10-08, 10:00 AM   #146
akdavis
Samurai Navy

Tested again and normal performance is restored once you are approximately 225km away from Lorient, so you will see the slow down even if you start outside harbor, but it will improve once you gain some distance.

It's actually an odd phenomenon. Normally I have high FPS, but the number constantly "flickers" so I can't actually say what my FPS is at any particular moment (unless I screenshot it), but near Lorient it drops to a constant 15 FPS in any internal or external 3D view and constant 18 FPS in map view. Number only changes if time compression is increased. I don't think it is a graphics issues in any way.
Old 05-11-08, 09:46 AM   #147
akdavis
Samurai Navy

Looks great! Are you planning on releasing the beta today?
Old 05-11-08, 01:07 PM   #148
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

WOW!! I can't believe that you have expanded OM to OP...what a fantastic contribution to the SH4 community! The Romanian developers should be lined up giving you high praise and thanks (if not a monetary reward)...as we community members do regularly. OM and OP surely are making "SH4-UBoat Missions" a much more sellable product for UBI.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 02:58 PM   #149
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Coool Looking forward to play it

But one question though -will it have a "modular" approach? i.e. will we be able to enable only the areas we want to ave traffic (US Coast/Indian Ocean/etc.) or must we load the whole world every time? I know SH4 loads way faster than SH3, but somehow it seems unnecessary and resources consuming to fill the whole world with shipping when you really are not going everywhere :hmm:
Old 05-11-08, 05:03 PM   #150
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Coool Looking forward to play it

But one question though -will it have a "modular" approach? i.e. will we be able to enable only the areas we want to ave traffic (US Coast/Indian Ocean/etc.) or must we load the whole world every time? I know SH4 loads way faster than SH3, but somehow it seems unnecessary and resources consuming to fill the whole world with shipping when you really are not going everywhere :hmm:
The way SH4 loads the campaign files is a "lot" different than with SH3. It looks at where you are in the world and only loads thoses files plus tracks that are within a certain range of ownship. That why load times are so quick.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 05-11-08 at 07:19 PM.