SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-10, 09:48 AM   #256
OneDominatus
Watch

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Yes that would be awesome, but then you'd have to do Italy also as they were viewed as their main naval foe, when their Italians lands like Venice were taken by the Italians the Austrian navy took a significant blow as those lands provided the bulk of the navy.

Cheers
Dom
OneDominatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 09:10 PM   #257
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Downloads: 89
Default Niiiccceee!!

I dont think I ever posted it up but one of my early projects was a 'Forcing the Dardanelles' mission. You got the whole kitten caboodle that De Robeck had and risked gunfire from the shore batteries and the danger of mines (in DC's case, these were submarines which couldn't move and fired torpedoes if you were close enough). My biggest problem though was the DC world is about 5-10% too small - I wasn't able to navigate the Dardanelles without running aground and even getting to the sea of Marmara was a pain in the butt because you'd hit ground somewhere. This was also limiting when I did scenarios simiulating the Vaagso raid and that also put any Yangtze River gunboat (Sand Pebbles hoorah!) scenarios out of the window.

I'm loving the idea of ships aground as bases. That's utterly brilliant!

Also the old Invincible is looking suuuweeeeet!

Mountbatten
Old 03-16-10, 07:45 PM   #258
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

For all you WOTK fans, work continues. Not much to take screenshots of, but mostly research. I am trying to find out which flotilla would have had which U-Boats at a particular time; thanks to U-Boat.net it looks like I will be able to produce pretty accurate flotillas. Appropriate cap emblems & clothing for the different flotillas will be available as mini-mods that can be activated with the click of a mouse thru JSGME.

I have also been building an aircraft roster. Don't expect "Over Flanders Fields" - I just want a reasonable selection of planes & lighter-than air craft. Here's what I am considering so far:

ALLIED FIGHTERS

-Morane Bullet (1914-1916)
-Nieuport 17
-Sopwith Camel

ALLIED BOMBERS

-BE2
-FE2b
-Royal Aircraft Factory RE8
-Short Seaplane

ALLIED LIGHTER-THAN-AIR CRAFT

-British Airship
-British Barrage Balloon
-French Barrage Balloon

GERMAN FIGHTERS

-Fokker Eindecker
-Albatros DIII

GERMAN BOMBERS

-Halberstadt Two-seater

GERMAN LIGHTER-THAN-AIR CRAFT

-Zeppelin
-Drachen Barrage Balloon
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 11:00 PM   #259
Turbografx
Old Stormalong

Downloads: 104

iambecomelife, progress is great new. As far as aircraft are concerned, the guys at theaerodrome.com might be able to help you out with regards to anti-shipping/submarine aircraft.
Turbografx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 12:30 AM   #260
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
For all you WOTK fans, work continues. Not much to take screenshots of
Great news IABL. No hurry, just take your time and do whatever you think is best. This grows into one helluva supermod
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 01:35 AM   #261
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

goodie !

k

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 03:17 AM   #262
looney
Commodore

Downloads: 43

Should be more than enuf aircraft. I don't suspect that there where lots of Air defense against subs. Probably none.

How do you intend to set gyro angle (they didn't had a TDC)?
looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 03:04 PM   #263
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by looney View Post
Should be more than enuf aircraft. I don't suspect that there where lots of Air defense against subs. Probably none.

How do you intend to set gyro angle (they didn't had a TDC)?

When I was modding changes to the surface torpedoes mod I seem to recall data entries specifying the maximum gyro angle for torpedoes. It will be simple text editing to simulate WWI torpedoes that could only fire straight ahead, as well as variants that had only limited gyro > adjustment capabilities. I hope I am able to eliminate several superfluous pieces of equipment and perhaps replace them with additional food storage, etc. For instance, early boats didn't really have a hydrophone station and definitely had no radar, so I need to think of compartments/items to take their place.

In other news, work started on the U-66 class last night. Once again, it would not make sense to release screenies because of how early the work is at the moment, but I hope to keep you informed as the days go by. This model is being built from scratch due to the unique hull form; some of the smallm& medium sized UB - UC boats may be created with simple modifications to the hulls of WWII Type VII's, Type II's and Type IX's.
Old 03-19-10, 04:22 AM   #264
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Initial picture of the U-66 hull. This boat was roughly comparable with the Type VII's of the Kriegsmarine b/c it had four bow tubes and one stern tube. Because of the prominent "saddle tanks" I decided to create a hull from scratch, instead of basing it on a WWII vessel. The parts have been triangulated to avoid import problems with S3d Editor.

Old 03-19-10, 05:17 AM   #265
keltos01
Silent Hunter

I love it !

I bought and played Die Schalen des Zorns when it came out but was always sad that the graphics and game engine lagged compared to SHIII/IV

looking forward to this !

keltos

Old 03-22-10, 11:28 AM   #266
leadtail
Mate

Downloads: 50

Quote:
For all you WOTK fans, work continues. Not much to take screenshots of, but mostly research. I am trying to find out which flotilla would have had which U-Boats at a particular time; thanks to U-Boat.net it looks like I will be able to produce pretty accurate flotillas. Appropriate cap emblems & clothing for the different flotillas will be available as mini-mods that can be activated with the click of a mouse thru JSGME.

I have also been building an aircraft roster. Don't expect "Over Flanders Fields" - I just want a reasonable selection of planes & lighter-than air craft. Here's what I am considering so far:

ALLIED FIGHTERS

-Morane Bullet (1914-1916)
-Nieuport 17
-Sopwith Camel

ALLIED BOMBERS

-BE2
-FE2b
-Royal Aircraft Factory RE8
-Short Seaplane

ALLIED LIGHTER-THAN-AIR CRAFT

-British Airship
-British Barrage Balloon
-French Barrage Balloon

GERMAN FIGHTERS

-Fokker Eindecker
-Albatros DIII

GERMAN BOMBERS

-Halberstadt Two-seater

GERMAN LIGHTER-THAN-AIR CRAFT

-Zeppelin
-Drachen Barrage Balloon
Greetings!

I do 3d modeling for a flight sim called Targetware. It has a new version that is just in alpha at the moment, but I have many models from the first version of that game engine. I may be able to help you with most of these planes and also some other ships if you are interested. And as I see you also work with Wings3D I can provide the models in native wings format for an easier import on your part.

Here are some of the plane I could provide to you.
AGO CI

PFALZ DXII

HP 400

Spad XIII

Spad VII

MS AI

HALB DII

HALD CL2

Gotha GIV

AW FK8

Scout D

Caudron G4

N28

N24

N17Bis

French Submarine Cuire (Also have the U14 captuered version of this) Oh and it has been painted since this pic.

SS Risedale costal merchant

I can get better pics of the ship and sub in a few days. I can also knock out some airships rather quickly too, have all the info on them.
leadtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 12:01 PM   #267
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadtail View Post
Greetings!

I do 3d modeling for a flight sim called Targetware. It has a new version that is just in alpha at the moment, but I have many models from the first version of that game engine. I may be able to help you with most of these planes and also some other ships if you are interested. And as I see you also work with Wings3D I can provide the models in native wings format for an easier import on your part.

Here are some of the plane I could provide to you.
AGO CI

PFALZ DXII

HP 400

Spad XIII

Spad VII

MS AI

HALB DII

HALD CL2

Gotha GIV

AW FK8

Scout D

Caudron G4

N28

N24

N17Bis

French Submarine Cuire (Also have the U14 captuered version of this) Oh and it has been painted since this pic.

SS Risedale costal merchant

I can get better pics of the ship and sub in a few days. I can also knock out some airships rather quickly too, have all the info on them.
Excellent! This really frees up a lot of my time - thank you so much.

One question: Are these models triangulated in obj format? I noticed that S3ditor usually cannot import models with quadrilaterals - all squares must be triangulated. This in turn often means that any model that has already been texture mapped must be redone - a very big inconvenience.

Anyway, thank you so much for your offer - I will be interested in any other airships & units that you can create.
Old 03-22-10, 12:01 PM   #268
keltos01
Silent Hunter

WOW !

beautiful aircrafts and sub !

getting better everyday !

keltos

Old 03-22-10, 12:06 PM   #269
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Very nice work here I also have Shells of Fury, but after playing SH3 and 4, and the relative ease of jumping in and playing, plus the graphics, I could not get into it ( SOF ). Seemed clunky and outdated.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 12:58 PM   #270
leadtail
Mate

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Excellent! This really frees up a lot of my time - thank you so much.

One question: Are these models triangulated in obj format? I noticed that S3ditor usually cannot import models with quadrilaterals - all squares must be triangulated. This in turn often means that any model that has already been texture mapped must be redone - a very big inconvenience.

Anyway, thank you so much for your offer - I will be interested in any other airships & units that you can create.

All the models can be in anything you want as they are done in the same 3d app you use. I can provide them to you in the native wings3d file (for you to export into what ever file type you need) or as triangulated .obj files your choice.
leadtail is offline   Reply With Quote