SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-23-22, 10:55 AM   #4591
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

One thing is for sure, we know what happens if you tell people you're going to drain a swamp.
Old 11-24-22, 02:17 PM   #4592
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Interesting article:
Quote:
Suddenly, the Media Becomes Scandal Deniers

By Tim Graham

The media excoriate "election deniers," but when it comes to the Bidens, they sound like scandal deniers. Suddenly, the cheerleaders and champions of live prime-time hearings of the Pelosi-picked Jan. 6 panel are scolding Republicans that they shouldn't waste everyone's time and money with hearings on Biden scandals.
Four years ago, Axios was touting "Democratic hit list: At least 85 Trump investigation targets." Politico ran a piece titled "How to Flood the Trump Administration With Investigations."
Now, Axios is warning "Biden-district Republicans brush off impeachment talk." Politico is also putting on the brakes: "The latest victim from House GOP's election night: impeachment."
Forget the revenge impeachments. How about simple hearings? The Associated Press put out a story with the headline "House GOP pushes Hunter Biden probe despite thin majority."
Does anyone remember a story headlined "House Democrats push January 6 probe despite thin majority"? Democrats are always justified, according to their Associated Publicists.
AP reporter Colleen Long lined up Democrats and nervous Republicans to sound alarms that the GOP is destined to overdo this oversight thing.
Legal analyst Jonathan Turley underlined this line from AP: "Joe Biden has said he's never spoken to his son about his foreign business, and nothing the Republicans have put forth suggests otherwise." Doesn't that sound like angry Democrats beating their keyboards?
The AP later revised that line: "Joe Biden has said he's never spoken to his son about his foreign business, and there are no indications that the federal investigation involves the president." Ahem — the charge is Hunter used his father's influence to rake the bucks. That involves the president.
The AP describes itself as "an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting." Wrong. They're a Democrat-dependent organization dedicated to left-wing editorializing.
Biden's claim that "I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings" is preposterous. Hunter's laptop proved that Joe Biden lies, repeatedly. There are emails and photos demonstrating coordination between Hunter, Joe and Hunter's clients. It's like Donald Trump saying he never met Stormy Daniels when everyone could see the hip-to-hip photographs.
Those so-called ornery cynics in the press couldn't be bothered to discuss the prospect of Vice President Biden flying to China with his son on Air Force 2 without discussing Hunter's planned business dealings on the trip.
An audiotape surfaced where Joe called Hunter on the phone about a December 2018 story in The New York Times on Hunter's dealings in China: "Hey pal, it's Dad. It's 8:15 on Wednesday night. If you get a chance just give me a call. Nothing urgent. I just wanted to talk to you. I thought the article released online, it's going to be printed tomorrow in the Times, was good. I think you're clear."
When White House reporters Peter Doocy and Philip Wegmann asked questions about this to press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, no one else cared enough to follow up. Time for a nap?
This underlines the greatest lie of the leftist press. When Republicans are in the White House, they insist it's their eternally solemn and noble duty to "hold them accountable" with energetic scandal stories. They don't wait for congressional Democrats to pounce. They do their own pouncing — or they coordinate it with Democrats, thinly disguised as anonymous "senior officials."
But when Democrats are in the White House, journalists seem more eager to scold the Republicans for wasting everyone's time and demand we all forget about accountability. The media's solemn and noble duty suddenly becomes building a defensive perimeter around the White House instead of investigating it. They don't do the people's business. They do the Democratic Party's business.
https://www.creators.com/read/tim-gr...UMmfX5bSBm3Fec

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.

Last edited by August; 11-24-22 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Just to irritate Dowly.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-22, 02:34 PM   #4593
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

(An off topic input almost related to US-Politics)

Never given it any thoughts this abbr. IRS until Yesterday after having read your comment about the American IRS-I knew it was similar to our Tax authority and our post about Trump tax papers-But what does IRS stand for...searching...aha -Internal Revenue Service.

Back to discuss serious US-Politics

(End of An off topic input.....)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-22, 02:53 PM   #4594
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
One thing is for sure, we know what happens if you tell people you're going to drain a swamp.
I think he did and the swamp was his intelligence. All that's left is ego connected to mouth.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-22, 07:23 PM   #4595
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

intelligence In washington honest both parties couldn't pour pee out of a boot
Old 11-24-22, 08:06 PM   #4596
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
intelligence In washington honest both parties couldn't pour pee out of a boot [even if directions were printed on the bottom of the boot.]

[Fixed]

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-25-22 at 01:32 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-22, 02:21 AM   #4597
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
[Fixed]
there you go now when i see or listen to biden intelligence don't come too my mind and we know he doesn't know the buck stops here means but to help the dems out( The phrase the buck stops here means that the person making the statement will take responsibility for a decision. It emphasizes that no excuses should be made nor blame put on someone else.)
Old 11-25-22, 01:32 PM   #4598
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Private Bucklin: I'm tired, Colonel. I've had all of this army and all of these officers, this damned Hooker, this damned idiot Meade, all of them, the whole bloody lousy rotten mess of sick-brained, pot-bellied scabheads that ain't fit to lead a johnny detail, ain't fit to pour pee out of a boot with instructions written on the heel.

Old 11-28-22, 07:47 PM   #4599
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh look the California Communist Party not only passes a law making dissent and 2nd opinions illegal. Democrats and left wingers release thousands of pedophiles back into society without so much as a slap on the wrist.

It's frightening for society.' Thousands of convicted pedophiles in California are being released from prison in less than a year for horrific acts, including rape, sodomy and sexual abuse of kids under 14.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ison-time.html

Putin approves

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-28-22 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-28-22, 09:01 PM   #4600
August
Wayfaring Stranger

The kid has a black eye. They probably told him to smile or they would give him a full raccoon eye.

Old 11-28-22, 10:03 PM   #4601
Buddahaid

I hear Walker has filed fed taxes claiming Texas as his primary residence. Oops...

David Bowie
Old 11-28-22, 10:47 PM   #4602
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I hear Walker has filed fed taxes claiming Texas as his primary residence. Oops...
Stranger still is why Fulton County Georgia election officials even granted Walker permission to run for election in the State of Georgia in the first place.

Betchya it’s another nothing burger, another mountain out of a mole hill. IMO the worst that could happen, if true, is Walker would have to repay the State of Texas next time he files.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-28-22 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-29-22, 02:04 AM   #4603
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

You are taking the Daily Mail as a source? Seriously?
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 07:34 AM   #4604
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
You are taking the Daily Mail as a source? Seriously?
Yes I did, granted it may seem they’re a little slow on the uptake. Because CNN first reported Left wing Democrat loons in California releasing pedophiles and pervs back in 2020.

Orange County California District Attorney, Todd Spitzer. “A champion for public safety

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/us/se...nia/index.html

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-29-22 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-29-22, 07:42 PM   #4605
Buddahaid

A Washington DC Federal Jury just found Oath Keepers leaders Stewart Rhodes and Kelly Meggs GUILTY of Seditious Conspiracy.

David Bowie