SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-18-18, 12:46 PM   #1
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Icon14 JSGME - Help and Close?

Hello for all your efforts to make this game a flawless experience.

I installed JSGME and when I clicked the Help link I was taken to a dead end page. Do you know where I can find the help page?

Also, After I installed GFO I can either Close the JSGME window or leave it open. Will the MODs still run if I close it?

Thanks,
LT
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 02:58 AM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Default Solution for Antialiasing Problem with Nvidia GCs and Windows 10 Creator

Solution for Antialiasing Problem with Nvidia GCs and Windows 10 Creator

Copied from original post.

After a good time searching and reading many posts in diverse forums and investigating and testing myself, I resolve my ethernal problem with Antialiasing via Nvidia Inspector and Windows 10 with the Creator Update.

The problem: I was unable to set any AA after I updated my W10 to Creator and the latest drivers for my Nvidia GC. All the AA settings via Nvidia Inspector weren´t taken by the game. I had horrendous graphics and abandoned to play SH4 FOTRSU and TMO 25.

I solved the problem, and I´m now happily playing SH4.

The solution: Put in Antialiasing Compatility the value 0x004412C1 (Diablo III) (see the image below, second line).
With this setting, Antialiasing max setting compatible with no golf ball sun (4x4 Multisampling), works fine and, with a 1920x1080 resolution, you have great graphics in SH4.

I hope this solution works in all the PC with W10 Creator and Nvidia GC with latest update. I have now the latest update, 411.63, and all is working very very well.

After a season in ATO with SH5 TWoS, Now I'm changing flag and going to PTO with FOTRS.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Original Post can be found here.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...81&postcount=1

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 09-26-18 at 03:11 AM.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-15, 06:22 PM   #3
nycoroner05
Soundman

Downloads: 144

Thank you for all these links and tutorials sir.
Old 08-10-17, 04:31 PM   #4
Gray Eagle
Nub

Downloads: 14

Thank you Berbster for all the work you have done to help us new guys and returnees get our feet wet in Silent Hunter again

After several days of RTFM and dinkin around with Win10 and this hotrod computer I finally got the game and mods I wanted installed and *working*

Coupla bits I had to do due to quirks of the OS and machine I run on that aren't mentioned or are different than noted:

JSGME.exe properties/compatibility: had to tell Win10 to run it compatible with Vista or mods just plain failed to work.

Setting attributes for Silent Hunter folder (properties tab for the folder itself): Unchecking 'read only' doesn't 'stick' ..anytime I want to add a mod I have to uncheck it again for that folder.

And just to be mean, I run JSGME and Silent Hunter in administrator mode ..cause I like to hammer this OS as hard as I can. Take THAT you Win based POS!!

(I still miss my Amiga 500 ...windows still has some catching up to do, IMHO)

Thanks again ... runnin my S-boat into harbors and laying *waste* to everything there with that killer gun mod, using the 'milder' version even. What FUN!!
-Vietnam Era USAF Veteran
-Retired Geezer (GET OFF MY LAWN!!)
Gray Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 05:28 PM   #5
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Gray Eagle
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

Glad your enjoying SH4.
Surprised to hear about JSGME as usually this is trouble free and should run without any compatibility.
Peter
Old 08-10-17, 05:38 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Gray Eagle, if you're installed into the "Program Files (x86)" directory - er, folder, that's the issue. Windows is protecting its help-desk people and itself from you...

Ditto on the accolades to THEBERBSTER!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 05:44 AM   #7
Gray Eagle
Nub

Downloads: 14

Propbeanie:
I read the bit about installing SH4 in its own folder under a central 'games' folder out from under any windows directories and did that.. it's path is C:\games\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific.

Quirks of the OS (Win10 c1703, 64-bit) seem to dictate the attribute 'read only' does not remain unchecked even tho SH4 is in a seperate path from any windows related folder.

-shrug- .. I have learned over the years that Windoes invariably forgets bits at random or just plain screws up on occasion. It's a wonder it works at all.

I built this machine runnin on Z-gamer mb, Nvidia video card w/4g of its very own ram, Intel i5-4690k processor and 8g of very fast ram to handle Star Citizen . . kinda loafs along runnin SH4 with all the sliders maxed. -just sayin
-Vietnam Era USAF Veteran
-Retired Geezer (GET OFF MY LAWN!!)
Gray Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 07:41 AM   #8
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Eagle View Post
Propbeanie:
I read the bit about installing SH4 in its own folder under a central 'games' folder out from under any windows directories and did that.. it's path is C:\games\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific.

Quirks of the OS (Win10 c1703, 64-bit) seem to dictate the attribute 'read only' does not remain unchecked even tho SH4 is in a seperate path from any windows related folder.

-shrug- .. I have learned over the years that Windoes invariably forgets bits at random or just plain screws up on occasion. It's a wonder it works at all.

I built this machine runnin on Z-gamer mb, Nvidia video card w/4g of its very own ram, Intel i5-4690k processor and 8g of very fast ram to handle Star Citizen . . kinda loafs along runnin SH4 with all the sliders maxed. -just sayin
My brother is still a daily NASCAR 2003 racer. The other day his group raced Talladega and had 45 participants in the race. They do a "race broadcast" on You Tube at least monthly. Amazing that a 2003 program is still the best NASCAR simulation in existence.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 06:16 PM   #9
USS CUTTHROAT SS-365
Watch

Downloads: 11
Default THEBERBSTER Beginner Mega Mod Installation...

As this is the first time I've ever installed Mods into this Sim, I found the Installation to be quite straightforward, and quite painless! The LAA Mod really makes a difference in the performance of the Sim; things load quickly and the Graphics are very good.

Alan
USS CUTTHROAT SS-365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 01:27 PM   #10
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > straniya
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

TMOwTw 2.50 I have played this many times and I can also highly recommend it.
Old 04-10-20, 09:05 PM   #11
irfanahmed1979
Sailor man

Downloads: 13
gear Question for Steam version

i) Is it absolutely necessary to disable Windows 10 updates?

ii) Does the Mega mod also include any graphical improvements (eye candy)?

I've add SH4 to my steam wishlist but want to be absolutely sure that I will be able to use my PC normally along with SH4.
irfanahmed1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 10:10 AM   #12
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

You cannot disable Win10 Updates, only delay them, and for not very long at that...

Which mod are you wondering about the eye-candy with?

Steam and SH4 do nothing to interfere with normal computer operations. Once you install Steam, you will have a log-in pop-up every time you boot the computer, but that can be disabled in the Steam settings easily enough. One important thing to watch for when installing an older game such as SH4 and Steam, is that Steam will default to installing in "C:\Program Files (x86)" (as documented throughout this portion of the SubSim web site), and as such, the games' "Library" (the Steam term) will be below that, also in the Program Files folder, which presents problems when you attempt to apply mods to the game. If and when you do purchase (whether Steam or another vendor), be sure to install into a folder of your own creation that is outside of any of the Windows "protected" folders, such as the "Program Files" folders, but also any others under the UAC (User Access Control) of Windows.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 10:37 AM   #13
irfanahmed1979
Sailor man

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You cannot disable Win10 Updates, only delay them, and for not very long at that...

Which mod are you wondering about the eye-candy with?

Steam and SH4 do nothing to interfere with normal computer operations. Once you install Steam, you will have a log-in pop-up every time you boot the computer, but that can be disabled in the Steam settings easily enough. One important thing to watch for when installing an older game such as SH4 and Steam, is that Steam will default to installing in "C:\Program Files (x86)" (as documented throughout this portion of the SubSim web site), and as such, the games' "Library" (the Steam term) will be below that, also in the Program Files folder, which presents problems when you attempt to apply mods to the game. If and when you do purchase (whether Steam or another vendor), be sure to install into a folder of your own creation that is outside of any of the Windows "protected" folders, such as the "Program Files" folders, but also any others under the UAC (User Access Control) of Windows.
Thank you for your reply.

I already have steam and my steam games are spread over three different drives and three different Steam Games folders. So I won't install it in C: drive altogether. But the UAC, isn't that going interfere even on a seperate physical drive/SSD too?

About the eye candy part, I really don't know what any of these mods do. So what I wanted to ask was: Is there any mod included in The Berbsters pack that does improve textures or anything related to graphics?
irfanahmed1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 08:17 PM   #14
erahmig
Watch

Downloads: 88
Default Mismatch between screenshots in the 2nd post and the actual downloaded mod

Hi,

I just downloaded this megamod from the SH4 downloads section using this link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5298.

But, the dates/times and contents of what I downloaded are different than what's shown in the 2nd post of this thread.

This is what I see in the .zip file I downloaded:

The dates and times on the folders and on the Word document are all older than what's shown in the screenshot of the 2nd post of this thread.

Does that mean I downloaded the wrong thing? Please advise - I' confused

** EDIT **
Well, apparently I can't read dates correctly. It looks like the dates in the download are *newer* than what's pictured in the 2nd post of this thread. Sooo, that's embarrasing. Sorry for the confusion
** EDIT **

Eric

P.S. I know how much work it must have been, and still is, to have made this megamod and then to support it. Thank you very much for all your effort!

Last edited by erahmig; 05-07-19 at 09:36 PM.
erahmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 04:15 PM   #15
THEBERBSTER

Hi e
Corrected

Thanks for posting the info.

Peter