SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-19, 12:38 PM   #1
aMaschina
Swabbie

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

I started messing around with a fresh copy/uboat missions/monsun mod

I can select the type XXI in the dropdown menu of 1st Flottilla in 1939 but when I want to proceed to the office, it crashes

Been also messing around with earlier recommended files (upgradepacks, ammunition, submarine related files - goal was to lower the unlock date of everything I came across to 1939 but no cigar right now.

What in the context of modding does "NULL" mean - no specific date given (so always available?)
aMaschina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 02:02 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMaschina View Post
What in the context of modding does "NULL" mean - no specific date given (so always available?)

it means either earliest available date or latest available date depending on the placement. so if you see NULL, 1942-10-01 it means that the item is available from the start of the next limiting factor until October 1, 1942.
if you see 1942-10-01, NULL, it means that the item is first available October 1, 1942 until the next limiting factor.
lastly, NULL,NULL means that the item is always available within the context of the next limiting factor.

the "next limiting factor" could be a flotilla or a base or a boat, etc.
for example, you could see an Equipment definition of NULL, NULL which means that it is always available but the boat it is assigned to may have other date limitations. does that make sense?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 03:53 PM   #3
aMaschina
Swabbie

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
it means either earliest available date or latest available date depending on the placement. so if you see NULL, 1942-10-01 it means that the item is available from the start of the next limiting factor until October 1, 1942.
if you see 1942-10-01, NULL, it means that the item is first available October 1, 1942 until the next limiting factor.
lastly, NULL,NULL means that the item is always available within the context of the next limiting factor.

the "next limiting factor" could be a flotilla or a base or a boat, etc.
for example, you could see an Equipment definition of NULL, NULL which means that it is always available but the boat it is assigned to may have other date limitations. does that make sense?

Thank your for clarification.

I have been succesful in adding the type XXI to a flottila in dezember 1st, 1944 and launched a campaign, I did the same to a flotilla in 1939 and was able to chose the sub in the dropdown, however it crashed.

It has me thinking that there is still a file missing that says this tech/sub is not valid before 1944.
aMaschina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 06:15 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Did you edit the SubName.upcge file in the "Data / Submarine / SubName /" folder? You have to change its availability dates there. The flotilla availability dates have to be valid, and the missions assigned in the Flotilla.upc file also have to be valid.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 08:48 PM   #5
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19
cool Egad, Holmes!

I think you nailed the crash on exit with my GATO experiment, I didn't even look but it says;

UnitInterval= 1941-12-31, 1967-06-01

Asiatic career starts Dec 9 or 10, GATO is available starting Dec 31, so the dates in the Flotillas.upc, UnitParts1Gato.upc, and NSS_Gato.upc all have to match. At least those three, possibly there are more.

EDIT: Yep, CareerStart.upc is also involved.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 11:04 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

"My, what a tangled web they weave"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 11:28 PM   #7
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Worst trouble with trying to troubleshoot is half the files are leftovers from SH3, and it takes a lot of experimenting before you find which files and parts of files are actually used, and which were just left in due to sloppy cleanup.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote