SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-12, 04:18 PM   #256
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I am not happy with the dat ships . Slows the game down too much in port . With TDW GR2 editor modders can add new GR2 ships to replace the dat ships . You will have to start a new campaign if using the list dated 0715 07/07/2012 .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12, 04:25 PM   #257
Mick W
Swabbie

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0

Thanks for this mod list Sober, just what i've been looking for
Mick W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 02:41 AM   #258
StarTrekMike
Navy Dude

Downloads: 137

Any chance that this entire (and current) download list could get packaged (or just well zipped by somebody, I don't mean the actual download folders but the ones that will go into your mod folder.

I have been trying to download this for the past week but I end up missing something or another and frankly, I am tired of hitting my subsim download limit, perhaps someone could just zip up the whole kit'n kaboodle and make it available, someone that has a current and working set of downloads?

I know it is asking for a lot but this list is really nice and I am just about to give up due to constant updates (when I have not even gotten all of it working) and I uninstalled a working install with some older mods to try this, now I am without and that kinda makes me impatient at this stage.

Again, I know it is asking a lot but I think it would help new folks out who just want one good solid download (yes, I know, it will be huge) that exactly matches what is needed in your mod folder (many of these mods are not going to work if you just extract them to the mod folder after download).

Sorry about this, but I just spent most of the evening finishing downloads and trying to get the thing to work, only to find that it has been updated again.
Old 07-09-12, 02:55 AM   #259
Mick W
Swabbie

Downloads: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTrekMike View Post
Any chance that this entire (and current) download list could get packaged (or just well zipped by somebody, I don't mean the actual download folders but the ones that will go into your mod folder.

I have been trying to download this for the past week but I end up missing something or another and frankly, I am tired of hitting my subsim download limit, perhaps someone could just zip up the whole kit'n kaboodle and make it available, someone that has a current and working set of downloads?

I know it is asking for a lot but this list is really nice and I am just about to give up due to constant updates (when I have not even gotten all of it working) and I uninstalled a working install with some older mods to try this, now I am without and that kinda makes me impatient at this stage.

Again, I know it is asking a lot but I think it would help new folks out who just want one good solid download (yes, I know, it will be huge) that exactly matches what is needed in your mod folder (many of these mods are not going to work if you just extract them to the mod folder after download).

Sorry about this, but I just spent most of the evening finishing downloads and trying to get the thing to work, only to find that it has been updated again.
I can see what you mean but i expect some of these mods are continually changing (e.g. TDW's mods constantly being updated). I havent been around for a while but i assume that probably more than 50% of these mods do not change.

Therefore, maybe a better idea would be if those mods that dont change could be packaged up as 1 download.

Just thinking out loud here
Mick W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 04:20 AM   #260
cnave21
Nub

Downloads: 103

thanks for this great list of mods truly appreciate it
cnave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 08:37 AM   #261
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

I would rather keep it as seperate mods . Thanks for the feedback
Old 07-09-12, 02:53 PM   #262
StarTrekMike
Navy Dude

Downloads: 137

Okay, so I am using a older mod list that you posted because the new TDW interface version 7 won't download and I have managed (after too much renaming and making folders) to narrow my list of missing mods down to this.

OHII minefield map

sobers smaller rocks, no plants.

I am not going to download the entire list again (a many day affair), extract them all, go through and locate subfolders, make missing folder, rename mods and everything else just to find that these are still missing.

Can someone please just give me direct links on where to get these, like, direct links to the actual download path and not the forum post.

I am sorry for being blunt but this whole thing has lots of promise if I can only find all the downloads hidden in massive forum posts (where the links often send you) that don't even tell you what is in some downloads.

This mod does highlight the need for some format rules for downloads and perhaps even the need for a actual GWX style megamod that installs itself.

I mean, this mod soup stuff must be getting old for some, right?

Last edited by StarTrekMike; 07-09-12 at 04:26 PM.
StarTrekMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 03:17 AM   #263
Marco1971
Seaman

Downloads: 162
Default where's the interface?

After a clean SH5 1.2 install into a clean Windows 7 i installed Sober's modlist and enabled the mods. Starting the game i choose a misson, but i don't see the SH5Enhanced interface i guess. What i see is a minimal interface without officer buttons and without the white bar in the top middle of the screen (with eyes). Clicking the course bar changes course but the nice compass/ruddder dial can't be made visible. Also i can't drag the tablecharts with speed vs. distance info from the upper left corner, they're not there. The button bars i see show less buttons then i was used to. In the middle of the screen there's this square 'cross' button blinking, when i click it it explains how to move and use mouse. On the map i don't see the big map tools i used to have.

I checked the options file, selected interface is SH5enhanced.
Started career as instructed, changed CareerHistory HasCompletedTutorial=true.

Obviously i did something wrong, but what? Without the new interface by TDW it's not fun
Marco1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 03:43 AM   #264
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco1971 View Post
After a clean SH5 1.2 install into a clean Windows 7 i installed Sober's modlist and enabled the mods. Starting the game i choose a misson, but i don't see the SH5Enhanced interface i guess. What i see is a minimal interface without officer buttons and without the white bar in the top middle of the screen (with eyes). Clicking the course bar changes course but the nice compass/ruddder dial can't be made visible. Also i can't drag the tablecharts with speed vs. distance info from the upper left corner, they're not there. The button bars i see show less buttons then i was used to. In the middle of the screen there's this square 'cross' button blinking, when i click it it explains how to move and use mouse. On the map i don't see the big map tools i used to have.

I checked the options file, selected interface is SH5enhanced.
Started career as instructed, changed CareerHistory HasCompletedTutorial=true.

Obviously i did something wrong, but what? Without the new interface by TDW it's not fun
Use the mod validator included tn TDW UI mod to see if they are installed correctly
Old 07-13-12, 04:07 AM   #265
Marco1971
Seaman

Good idea Sober, you thought about everything
As soon as i get home from work...
Old 07-13-12, 01:10 PM   #266
KentHutch
Swabbie

Downloads: 291
Default Just want to say thanks!

Thanks a mil Sober, i tell you i would not have gone through this process without your assistance!
KentHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 02:44 PM   #267
Marco1971
Seaman

Default interface

Fixed! Turned out to be TDW's main UI MOD folder which was incorrectly dropped into the general MODS folder.. so MODS contained 'NewUI's with TDC for SH5 by TDW' which on its turn contained all the separate mods.
Corrected this and now i have SH5Enhanced again. I'm a happy man.
Old 07-13-12, 03:06 PM   #268
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco1971 View Post
Fixed! Turned out to be TDW's main UI MOD folder which was incorrectly dropped into the general MODS folder.. so MODS contained 'NewUI's with TDC for SH5 by TDW' which on its turn contained all the separate mods.
Corrected this and now i have SH5Enhanced again. I'm a happy man.
You will find the applications that come with new ui in
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Applications
Old 07-14-12, 03:31 PM   #269
Girdwood
Nub

Downloads: 51

Thanks for this, as a newish player of SH5 this should make the game that little bit better.
Very nice list and thanks for all the hard work
Girdwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 05:04 PM   #270
roughbeats
Nub

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Sorry! You have exceeded your daily allowed download amount.
As a new Cadet, you are able to post freely and download up to 3 files a day. Once you have made a single post, you are able to download 10 files a day.

If you want to graduate to a Captain, feel free to introduce yourself in the Comments to Subsim forum. There is a thread titled XMonth 2011 New Member Sign Up, make a short intro post there and tell the forum how you found Subsim, what your favorite game is, etc and say Hello! We welcome you into our community!

Click here to return to the file.
maybe subsim should do a mb quota instead of a file count. thats borring. still cant download after a post more than 3 files
roughbeats is offline   Reply With Quote