SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-31-15, 11:30 AM   #1891
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

KikeGG & ztyrobert!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-15, 11:59 AM   #1892
sshellokitty
Bosun

Downloads: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
so am using steel wolves mod and great it is to but no matter what i do i dont seem to use any fuel at all. what am i missing ? also where do i find the free cam mod so i can see underwater etc
For both the fuel and the free cam, go into the game options and ensure that you don't have infinite fuel enabled and the external cam deactivated. The external view can be activated by pressed the F2 key. If that isn't the problem then I'm not sure. Hope it helps!
sshellokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-15, 05:09 PM   #1893
griffin
Swabbie

Downloads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshellokitty View Post
For both the fuel and the free cam, go into the game options and ensure that you don't have infinite fuel enabled and the external cam deactivated. The external view can be activated by pressed the F2 key. If that isn't the problem then I'm not sure. Hope it helps!

no thats not the problem , fixed the fuel issue by editing the savegame thing in documents
griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-15, 05:41 PM   #1894
sshellokitty
Bosun

Downloads: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
no thats not the problem , fixed the fuel issue by editing the savegame thing in documents
Glad you got the fuel issue fixed. What is the problem with the external cam? Or are you not talking about the external cam?
sshellokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-15, 06:24 PM   #1895
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi griffin

Free cam mode would be F2

1 key would lower the free cam.

7 key would raise the free cam.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-15, 04:21 AM   #1896
griffin
Swabbie

Downloads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi griffin

Free cam mode would be F2

1 key would lower the free cam.

7 key would raise the free cam.

Peter
free cam issue fixed. i had no idea i had to use w s a d to control it. its not mentioned on keyboard controls. thanks all.

just seen a post by the old man wondering if same old man i used to be in a group with many years ago playing sh2 or 3 back in the days of dial up mutiplayer.
griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 07:00 AM   #1897
Nexis
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
wolf_howl15 Hydrophone Gamecrash at enemy U-Boat

I know it is very late and the Game is no more supported.
Nevertheless i want to report a Bug

I detected 2 enemy U-Boats/Submarines
Now i wanted to hear them trough Hydrophone, but if i enter the Hydrophone, the Game crashes immediatly, every time if i try it.

Do you have this issue too?
Maybe it is hard for you to retrace/test this bug, because enemy U-Boats/Submarines are rare to meet.

I tested the Hydrophone in other Savegames with other Ships: no problems.
After i sunk both enemy Submarines (c below how), i could enter the Hydrophon-Station again without a crash.
So the enemy U-boats/Submarines must be definitely the reason for the Crashs
Maybe a Sound Error or something with the soundfile, how a Submarine noises through a Hydrophone.

My GameVersion is 1.2.0.
+ BetterRealisticFlooting Lite
+ BetterRealisticFlooting HP Balance
+ Danevangs Paint Shop 1.0 Type VIIC Pack (Tigerstripes)
+ Accurate Flags

Offtopic:
By the way, i sunk both U-boats with a complicated simultaneous double-hit.
A simultaneous double-hit was needed, because in previous attempts, after one of the boats got hit, the other one dipped & dodged into depth 3 seconds later.

Here is the picture of a enemy Submarine outside the Museum: ^^

Last edited by Nexis; 06-05-15 at 10:49 AM.
Nexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 11:00 AM   #1898
django555
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Is it standard bug that crew stays on deck when diving, and then somehow teleport inside? How can i fix this?
django555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 10:25 PM   #1899
Ciscokyd
Nub

Downloads: 233
Default Bugs - big ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Oh, but there are dozens of bugs. Many people who haven't seen the game are reporting them all the time.

It will be interesting to hear about the real ones.
Hello - like your Tonkin patch...been there done that (But not in the Gulf). I have SH5 - ran it ok in XP but in WIn 7 pro 64 bit all I get is the vid beginning and nothing else! That's a pain in the ass huge f**king bug. So far no help from anyone including Ubisoft (can't hold my breath forever). Any ideas? As far as The Republic of....USN, never again!
Ciscokyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-15, 05:25 PM   #1900
Eagle Eyes (Osborne)
Swabbie

Downloads: 554
Default Having some problems

I need to see if anybody or somebody can help me out on Silent Hunter 5 Wolves of steel mods. 1)So far I'm having problems with the user charts that is blank and will not shut down or turn off. I have to move it to the side to hide it or out of view. 2)Problem of radio message option will not turn off. 3)I can not open up my ship reference book and also in front of the book it only say OK only. 4)Plus my automation chart is blank.
Eagle Eyes (Osborne) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-15, 06:04 PM   #1901
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eyes (Osborne) View Post
I need to see if anybody or somebody can help me out on Silent Hunter 5 Wolves of steel mods. 1)So far I'm having problems with the user charts that is blank and will not shut down or turn off. I have to move it to the side to hide it or out of view. 2)Problem of radio message option will not turn off. 3)I can not open up my ship reference book and also in front of the book it only say OK only. 4)Plus my automation chart is blank.
Is the game patched to 1.2 ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-15, 07:18 PM   #1902
Eagle Eyes (Osborne)
Swabbie

Downloads: 554

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Is the game patched to 1.2 ?
yes it is.
Eagle Eyes (Osborne) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 11:10 PM   #1903
Gawlerj
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default All I can think is wow..... what a bug fest

First post. I'm probably breaking some protocol here but I'm here to vent a little. I know I am new, very new, but I've been around games a while (pre-internet gaming days) and while I'm not a current gamer I got interested in SH5 a few weeks and ago and the idea of the sim drew me back in. Earlier sub sim was Red October on my Amiga 500 (just to date myself a little).

Man, I have never seen such a buggy game, from the install, uninstall, install, uninstall, and install to finally get full screen, sound, and past the opening movie issue to the ctd randomly and the first mission progress bar not being filled. Considering this is the 5th game in what seems like a well established series of sub sims I would have hoped for better. Thankfully there are the folks here who have patched, modded, and offer their experience, tips, and techniques to make the game worth playing.

Thank you to those who provide that help.

Okay. I've read the manual which does nothing to teach a person what they should be doing in the game, unless I am missing something (Like ANOTHER manual). But my friend, Youtube, google, and this site have gotten me on track for the most part. But some questions still linger:

Do I have to walk in 1st person mode to the various parts of the sub, say from the sonar room to the periscope or from the conning tower back inside (did I complain about the horrid control to look down and go in the hatch, I've played my fair share of FPV shooters and these guys failed here). Is there a hot key to get me from one position in the sub to another? If not, I guess I get it - part of the simulation of 'really' being there... but damn.

What about some basic tips on what to do in the area you are assigned. I feel like I am wandering around rather aimlessly and just coming across targets by random luck, aren't there shipping lanes I should be haunting? Are there some actual patrol patterns I could be using to increase my chance of finding a contact?

I have recently begun paying attention to the note thing (log?) in the lower right corner which seems to give radio contact information I may be able to act on - right?

Well, I know if I spend some more time here reading (and not bitching) I'll probably learn everything I need to know, so I'll do that, don't worry I'm not here to just complain about the game and expect everyone to give me the answers (some hints may be nice though). I'm starting here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...50&postcount=1)

It's a neat game, and many of you have done SO much to make it better, I see that. I will do my best to learn it more, I've certainly come a long way in the short two weeks I've been playing it. I just felt like venting a little, I hope you understand.

Here's my system specs if anyone has some pointers for me based on this.
Game Version 1.2
Graphics fully low (still seems to tax my lappy though)

Macbook pro mid 2010
Win 7 pro 64bit
8gb ram
Geforce M330 (During the install it mentioned something about my graphics driver not meeting specs... could it be seeing the integrated graphics vs the geforce chip? I would think this game would not tax my computer like it is) Using the most recent geforce drivers.

Again thanks guys, sorry for the rant.
Old 06-23-15, 11:40 PM   #1904
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

The unmodded game is completely useless .
The mega mods are awesome .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-15, 04:46 AM   #1905
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

SH5 is an old game and will not recognise later GPU,s.

It also states that you only need 512gb of ram which at the time you woul have got away with.

The minimum requirement today to run SH5 with mods will be 2gb of ram.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote