SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-11, 06:28 AM   #1
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
1.) there where to much complains, crew cheering with every torp hit get boring over time.
Thank you for your answer Stormfly

ad 1) I'm sorry that these sounds have disappeared. I play with a large percentage of reality, including sensors, and I not find and sink a enemy ship every day, so I never get tired of cheering crew

Quote:
1.) try it again without silent running, crew cheers are disabled in silent running.
I tested it with normal running (not silent running).
I need to test more. Yesterday, I stood by your great mod "only" 4 hours:-))
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 06:36 AM   #2
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Hi stormfly,

I tested your new version with MO and is OK - your sh file (i used S3D to compare) has all the data (and many more of cource) that TDW use in his sh file in his MO (so your new mod is compatible with tdw FIX wich is included in MO).

Salute!

P.S. I have a quiq quest: if i use Speech fixes and additions (german version) mod i must to enable this mod before or after your sound mod?

Last edited by stoianm; 02-07-11 at 11:10 AM.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 02:12 PM   #3
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Hi stormfly,

I tested your new version with MO and is OK - your sh file (i used S3D to compare) has all the data (and many more of cource) that TDW use in his sh file in his MO (so your new mod is compatible with tdw FIX wich is included in MO).

Salute!

P.S. I have a quiq quest: if i use Speech fixes and additions (german version) mod i must to enable this mod before or after your sound mod?
thank you for testing it with MO, good to know.

Speech fixes and additions is a nice important mod but if installing DBSM collection not nessesary, because allready included or fixed by myself.

...updated first post regarding a little hotfix for the HUD warning samples.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 03:31 PM   #4
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Hi Stormy. Really liking this mod. Nice work. Two questions...

1. I'm not hearing anyone calling out when depth charges are in the water. Is there something extra I need to enable?

2. Can you hear sinking ships on sonar in this mod or in stock for that matter ? I know it was a problem in SH4 but not sure about SH5. Thanks

EDIT: After listening to the sounds in the folder I realized what you've done. I might have heard them but may not have noticed it was a wasserbomben file.

Last edited by Dignan; 03-19-11 at 05:30 PM.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 12:06 AM   #5
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Hi Stormy. Really liking this mod. Nice work. Two questions...

1. I'm not hearing anyone calling out when depth charges are in the water. Is there something extra I need to enable?

2. Can you hear sinking ships on sonar in this mod or in stock for that matter ? I know it was a problem in SH4 but not sure about SH5. Thanks

EDIT: After listening to the sounds in the folder I realized what you've done. I might have heard them but may not have noticed it was a wasserbomben file.
1. yes, if you read the readme you see that i use a special extended version of Rongel`s Wasserbomben mod, which have 50 shuffeling sounds. I expanded the normal wasserbomben callout sounds with other sounds which are fitting if hunted with DC`s, preventing hearing over and over the same sounds, which can get boring over time.

2. no, not via hydrophone (bug or missing feature). But if you are close enough you hear it from inside the sub in 3D if not using the hydrophone station (i expanded also volume and range in the SDL file). A working sound for the hydrophone, if i renember correct, is a sound which is playing if the ship hit the ocean floor, could be that this is also missing after patch 1.2...

Old 03-20-11, 07:09 AM   #6
anzacmick
Helmsman

Downloads: 134

gday, just downloaded ur great mod.
Some very familier sounds contained within I must say.
Some credit is due for sure me thinks .......

just sayin`.....
anzacmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 07:12 AM   #7
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzacmick View Post

just sayin`.....
hi did that mate - read post 1 careful pls:

''just converted my Living SH3 DBSM Collection to SH5.

This Sound Mod Compilation also uses sounds from other sound mods like DBSM Project Schwertfisch, Trigger Maru or Thomsen`s and Paulsens Sound Mod, the more real Ktl KUrtz`s BritishAsdicMkI v1.02K and of course the fresh work of Rongel`s "Wasserbomben" + "Battlestations" sound mod`s, just to name a few, ...but of course it have many new high quality sounds i overhauled or resampled for a new set of mixtures.

So this means, credits go to all contributers Thank You for all of your hard work.
Credits also to Church, because i used his keyb. mod as a base. Thank you !''

regards

stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 09:00 PM   #8
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
hi did that mate - read post 1 careful pls
oh iam shure he did, post 1 edited !

Old 03-20-11, 08:55 PM   #9
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzacmick View Post

just sayin`.....
thx for saying !

you know it have so much different things, it could be that i miss someone

...was a while ago, have to check but ithink i can renember your name, sounds familar with good quality

Old 10-31-11, 09:03 AM   #10
Jacke
Mate

Downloads: 62

Quote:
SDBSM Version 1.3
This sound mod compilation requires SH5 v1.2 with german voice pack installed !
(german voice pack is selectable by SH5 custom install, works with english text)
also aviable from Venatore ->
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=23
I suggest also installing, after the German voice pack, KarlKoch's [REL] Fix for swapped german digits (und dreissig vier), download here. It contains 2 small German speech fix mods.

Last edited by Jacke; 10-31-11 at 05:03 PM.
Jacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 02:32 PM   #11
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

hmm,

iam pretty shure that i fixed that (by my own) in SDBSM allready

Old 10-31-11, 04:43 PM   #12
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

I am using you last updates and I noticed that some voice numbers are swapped as well.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 05:20 PM   #13
Jacke
Mate

Downloads: 62

Quote:
hmm,

iam pretty shure that i fixed that (by my own) in SDBSM allready
Stormfly, I was looking at using your DBSM v1.3 but I couldn't reconcile TDW's NewUI's current v6.8.0 and its config file TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py with DBSM's patch of that file from v6.3.7. I wanted a compromise of the two configs and tried to use the automatic tools TDW includes and a good text editor stepping through both your config migrated and the new one, but I had to give up as it just got too confusing. (If only I had tkdiff on Windows!) There's been a lot of changes (thus TDW's new OptionsFileEditorViewer tool) and I wasn't sure what would happen and what the keybinds and crew actions would be after I activated both mods.

What should I do?
Jacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 02:47 AM   #14
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Sound Sample Play Time

@ Stormfly

As you know, I've been using your DBSM Sound MOD ever since I talked to you about DC_Barrels impacting Water for Depth Charges in the Water warnings.

One thing I have noticed and it is not just this MOD, is that Sound Sample Play times are cut short, very short.
Example being, Depth Charge sound sample only play about 1 - 1.5 seconds of actual sound sample that may be as much as 10 - 15 second in actual play time length.
These sound sample play correctly when editing the sh.sdl file with Skwas S3D 3ditor so what is cutting all these sound samples short?
(Many other sound samples are being cut short as well.)
I really hope there is something that can be done to correct this.

Aslo, I hope you are continuing to expand this MOD bringing support in the sh.sdl for additional sounds being added by new and very good MOD's.
I have been doing this for myself in the past but I am sure others would like to get updates from the man himself.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 07:55 AM   #15
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
@ Stormfly

As you know, I've been using your DBSM Sound MOD ever since I talked to you about DC_Barrels impacting Water for Depth Charges in the Water warnings.

One thing I have noticed and it is not just this MOD, is that Sound Sample Play times are cut short, very short.
Example being, Depth Charge sound sample only play about 1 - 1.5 seconds of actual sound sample that may be as much as 10 - 15 second in actual play time length.
These sound sample play correctly when editing the sh.sdl file with Skwas S3D 3ditor so what is cutting all these sound samples short?
(Many other sound samples are being cut short as well.)
I really hope there is something that can be done to correct this.

Aslo, I hope you are continuing to expand this MOD bringing support in the sh.sdl for additional sounds being added by new and very good MOD's.
I have been doing this for myself in the past but I am sure others would like to get updates from the man himself.

Regards!
TheBeast
the maximum time a sound sample is allowed to play is controled by the game engine. the max allowed time is differing with the sound trigger or event. Some sounds are allowed to play 16 secs or more, some only 1,5 and so on (it took me much time to find those maximum allowed times). If using S3D, this restriction isnt present. If a sound is longer than the restricted time, the game engine wont play it or play it only one time per session. Crew sounds seam to be excluded from this restritions.

maybe TDW can look into it and release a patch for it like he did for the hydrophone.

Tags
favorite