SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-12, 11:57 AM   #1
Claves_Mortis
Watch

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0
SHO Question on the Attack-Scope of Operation Monsun

Hi guys,
the nub is coming up with another question for the experienced Kaleun!

I did install and activate Operation Monsun 720 with OMEGU 300 yesterday. My first impression is good, so I want to give it a try.

There is only one big problem I meet with this mod, to be more precise, with the included Kibu or Kiubm attack periscope.

In the standard attack periscope to get the distance, I pull down the image of the target on top of the real target which directly gives me the distance as a number on the upper right notebook.

Now, in OM with the new attack periscope I have to use a beautiful 3-ring-tool for that, with the inner ring can be turned. It can also be used to estimate the speed, that, however, would be of second priority to me because I calculate the speed using my scribbling on the navigations map. All of the rings do show a lot of meaningful numbers and some German words (which I do understand as I am German, but which do not help in solving my problem).

So, my question: What does the three-ring-tool do / show and how can I use it to get the range to the target as a readable number?

It should have to do something with the mast height on the outer ring, where I can read the distance to the target on the inner ring after turning the inner ring, but neither do I know why I turn the inner ring, nor do I know from which point to which new point I have to turn it, rendering me unable to shoot or sink anything
Claves_Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 02:22 PM   #2
Claves_Mortis
Watch

Maybe, if nobody knows in detail, a big help would be if someone knows if the manuals for this mod are still available.

They SHOULD be in the related post on subsim here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=152590

But the files for the manuals do not exist anymore - is it possible to make them available again?
Old 12-19-12, 03:50 PM   #3
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

CM, the KiUB User Guide is included as a .doc file in the Support folder of the OMEGU v300 package, whixh is available on the SubSim downloads Megamods page. It's a big help!

BTW, I believe there was no working stadimeter for the R/L U-boat targeting system. Karamazov included the pull-down split image as a visual aid, but you still have to translate the angular measurement yourself.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 04:34 PM   #4
Claves_Mortis
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
CM, the KiUB User Guide is included as a .doc file in the Support folder of the OMEGU v300 package, whixh is available on the SubSim downloads Megamods page. It's a big help!

BTW, I believe there was no working stadimeter for the R/L U-boat targeting system. Karamazov included the pull-down split image as a visual aid, but you still have to translate the angular measurement yourself.
Jesus Christ... thank you! I found the Readme in the OMEGU 300 pack. I was looking for the KiBU-Manual in google, in youtube as videoguides and in Silent Hunter 3 Mods (some having a similar AoB-tool I found in a video), but didn't know it was in the OMEGU pack all the time... Thanks for the hint!

Ye, the stadimeter is "not working" / not giving the number automatically - which is what I am actually aiming for, I like doing as much stuff by hand as possible. Gives you a much better feeling if you still manage to hit the target, although it gets frustrating from time to time while testing and practising :-)

Regards and Hail to the savior of my evening!
CM

Tags
distance, guide, kibum