SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-07, 07:36 PM   #106
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I have the manuscript back from the proofreaders office and am going through it this week, should be done in 3 days.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 07:39 PM   #107
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

So hopefully we are close to blast off.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-07, 06:46 PM   #108
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Update Jan 27: The first 300 copies are being printed now, I expect to have the truck show up here to unload them in 14 days. I will then sign and ship them, expect them in about 3 weeks. Thanks!

Neal
Old 01-27-07, 06:57 PM   #109
vois2
Engineer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hopefully no offense, but if we wanted to order some copies without an author signing, is there a place on the order form where we can specify that?
Thanks!

I donate to Subsim because it is one of the best communities on the Interwebs.
Stick around a couple of years, and you will see. You're never far from a friend here.
Sunk at location vois22 [at] gmail . com
vois2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-07, 09:51 PM   #110
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

No offense at all, mate. I will only be signing books for those who specifically asked for that. If you order, you will get a fresh book with no signing, unless you ask for it.

thanks
Neal
Old 01-27-07, 10:38 PM   #111
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Update Jan 27: The first 300 copies are being printed now, I expect to have the truck show up here to unload them in 14 days. I will then sign and ship them, expect them in about 3 weeks. Thanks!

Neal
Where do I do my book signing?
Old 01-28-07, 06:23 AM   #112
Polak
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1
OMG,
This will be like Christmas all over again.
Old 02-03-07, 12:57 AM   #113
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:

Neal
Update Feb 2: the first order has been fulfilled (printed and bound) and shipped. I will be watching the shipment tracking daily. I think they will arrive in 1 week, so hopefully next Saturday I can pack them and ship them to you. Many thanks to all of you who have pitched in and bought a copy, and made this project a success!

Neal
Old 02-03-07, 05:29 AM   #114
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Looking forward to the read Neal

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 02:38 PM   #115
Jeffg
Exec

Downloads: 1491

Can't wait Neal Keep up the great work
Jeff
Jeffg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 09:22 AM   #116
rhinopilot
Nub

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Amazon: mid-to-late January.
Neal,

I'm thoroughly enjoying my copy of the book, Bravo Zulu! I have some family and friends wanting to buy it, and I'd like to purchase a few more copies myself. I've looked all over Amazon, and it just doesn't seem to be there. Is it up yet, or are they screwing something up?
rhinopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 11:32 AM   #117
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Thanks, glad you like it. You must be one of the first to get it! I know Kpt. Lehman, Avon Lady, and Torplexed have received their copies, as well, and by the end of the week, all pre-ordered copies will be on their way (nearly 300!).

Amazon: No screwup, just one tired ol' editor who can’t parse out the time to get the ISBN completed so I can set up distribution with Amazon and B&N. The last few weeks had me flying to San Francisco to demo SH4 and meet the dev team, write the preview, complete our monthly accounting close at my job, and spent the weekened with my kids/Super Bowl. Last night I had dinner with Joe Buff and Michael DiMercurio, that was fabulous; naturally, I am writing a pice on that. My plan is to complete the ISBN application this weekend, but I understand the process involved to get the book listed on Amazon will still take 6 weeks In the mean time, I will send you a link to the printer so your friends and family can order the book just as they would through Amazon.

FYI: after the initial run of the 2007 Subsim Almanac is sold, future copies will bear the title 2007 Submarine Alamanc. Same contents but my marketing mentor urged the broader title so people who come across the book on Amazon and B&N will understand immediately what the book is about. Outside of this community, people generally raise an eyebrow and say, "Sub sim? What's that?" So, for you folks who ordered early, you get the First Edition. When you're old and needing quick cash, you can sell it on eBay and finance your mamba lessons

cheers
Neal
Old 02-07-07, 12:21 PM   #118
fredbass
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
FYI: after the initial run of the 2007 Subsim Almanac is sold, future copies will bear the title 2007 Submarine Alamanc. Same contents but my marketing mentor urged the broader title so people who come across the book on Amazon and B&N will understand immediately what the book is about. Outside of this community, people generally raise an eyebrow and say, "Sub sim? What's that?" So, for you folks who ordered early, you get the First Edition. When you're old and needing quick cash, you can sell it on eBay and finance your mamba lessons
Neal,

I haven't read the book and I understand the reasoning for changing the title, but isn't the book more about Subsim itself? Do you think removing Subsim completely out of the title would be a bit misleading? Why not something like '2007 Subsim Submarine Almanac'? or something like that. That's my suggestion anyways.

Last edited by fredbass; 02-07-07 at 12:50 PM.
fredbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 12:47 PM   #119
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

hi Fred,

no, the title SUBMARINE Almanac is actually more accurate, the book is not about Subsim, it is about submarines, submariners, submarine fiction, naval history, & submarine games. The only really Subsim-specific content are the Subsim Roll Call bits, which make up about 7 pages, and the Subsim toons. The book is produced by Subsim, and the cover will still have the SUBSIM.COM logo.

Old 02-07-07, 08:15 PM   #120
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Oooh wee!
The first shipment has arrived. The mailman left with a sore back, cursing me under his breath. Books are going out tomorrow!