SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-15-20, 11:30 AM   #1
Pece17
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Support Option to change Side Emblem disappeared after first Patrol? (Using GWX 3.0 Gold)

I finally started my SH3 career about a week ago, and my friend insisted that I don't do any changes to my crew or boat before Patrol 1. So I didn't change my Side Emblem or do anything to my VIIB, just started the 1st Patrol.

After I returned to base from Patrol 1, the option to change Side Emblem was gone from boat upgrade options. I tried changing flotillas but that didn't help (I was in 2nd flotilla originally).

I also tried doing a fresh install of SH3 + same mods to my other PC, and copied my career saves there. The copied career saves worked fine on my other PC, though, side emblems didn't work either. So I'm thinking it's not a problem in my installation, but rather in my career files. I don't know what I could've done wrong?

If I start a new career on either PC, then the option to change Side Emblem appears normally. But that isn't really an option, since I've already written tens of pages of "lore" in my Captain's diary, and I don't want to redo everything.

The /Silent Hunter 3/data/Emblems/SubEmblems/ folder in my Silent Hunter 3 location has all the correct TGA files present.

I'm currently trying one more test by starting a fresh career, and fast forwarding Patrol 1 to see if the problem still happens after returning to base. Looks like Side Emblems DO work after fresh career, but I really would like to have Side Emblems working on my proper save...

My mods are:

- GWX 3.0 Gold
- ManosEnvironmentPro v5 with GREEN Water
- GWX Captain America's Officer Icons
- GWX Enchanced Damage Effects
- GWX Open Hatch Mod
- Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
- Radio Deutschland
- Radio England
- HSIE patch V16B1
Pece17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 03:21 PM   #2
Pece17
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Update

I managed to circumvent the bug by creating a new career, then immediately switched back to my old career, and was able to change emblems again. For some reason the Side Emblems appear under UBOAT options again when I do this.

After changing the emblem, I deleted the new profile.

I think I have to create a new throwaway career every time I want to change the emblem on my old career, so it's not a very elegant fix.

If anyone knows a better way or has experienced this bug with GWX, let me now.

Pece17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, side emblem