Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-20, 03:50 AM   #2971
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Storm? pah...

(In northern Germany it is only a storm when the sheep have no curls anymore)

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 04:40 AM   #2972
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

like wise here today. high winds caused an older portion of my fence 3 sections-about 40', to blown down so it's get bids time tomorrow to repair fortunately my HO insurance helps

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 02-22-20 at 11:54 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 11:32 AM   #2973
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Here the Met Office only have to issue a Severe Weather Warning and the din of the storm is drowned out by the clatter of hundreds of doors being flung open by hordes of the feeble-minded, setting off to see how inventively they can get themselves (and others) killed:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...lmost-21464021
Old 02-10-20, 01:07 PM   #2974
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Very nice, congratulations! You all look phantastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Brilliant
Appreciated chaps

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 01:18 PM   #2975
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

As you know I showed Nancy your pics.
Old 02-10-20, 03:35 PM   #2976
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
As you know I showed Nancy your pics.
Rgr that mate....I have responded

Old 02-14-20, 08:37 AM   #2977
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Storm? pah...

(In northern Germany it is only a storm when the sheep have no curls anymore)
Second storm to hit UK this weekend...Bah humbug I'm with catfish on this one. So overblown in the news last weekends one was. I even shouted out the window...bring it on you, to get some response. You got better odds being blown over by a rhino fart and they are powerful.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 03:06 PM   #2978
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

My son is an unusual lad: he came home from college today with some scratches on his hand. He'd been attacked by a 'boss monitor lizard'. Now I'm pretty sure that's something not many people have done
Old 02-14-20, 03:38 PM   #2979
Catfish

Was he in Africa? Varanus exanthematicus can be quite tame though

Old 02-14-20, 04:57 PM   #2980
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I'm having one of those 'Murphy's Law' weeks, where if anything can go wrong it will. I'm running out of toilet paper. I ran out of milk. I ran out of butter. Not good, but all in an average week. Then the battery on my glucose meter died. Definitely not good. So? A quick trip to the store and all will be well. But not if the car won't start. I have a neighbor who'll jump my car. He even has a special battery in a control box with cables. We hook it up and it still acts like the battery's dead. We try to jump it directly from his car, and it still won't start. He goes and digs out his battery tester. It's putting out a full load of juice. He finally decides it's the starter motor. That's going to cost more than I can afford right now, so I have to live without a car. Yesterday I took a bus to the store.

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Old 02-14-20, 05:09 PM   #2981
Catfish

wolf_howl15

^ welcome to my life
But really, i know those days. It is dark, storm damaged the roof, went up, the second i want to look at the tiles from inside the neon light dies. Ok, torch, bright shine, off, bulb dies. Climbing down the ladder, i stumble over the cat .. i'll spare you the rest.

If the starter clicks but will not turn it is the magneto switch, sometimes it helps to give a short blow with a hammer at the starter housing, may help for the moment.

Old 02-14-20, 10:45 PM   #2982
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
^ welcome to my life
But really, i know those days. It is dark, storm damaged the roof, went up, the second i want to look at the tiles from inside the neon light dies. Ok, torch, bright shine, off, bulb dies. Climbing down the ladder, i stumble over the cat .. i'll spare you the rest.

If the starter clicks but will not turn it is the magneto switch, sometimes it helps to give a short blow with a hammer at the starter housing, may help for the moment.
Good advice I had an old 63 Corvair convertable that did the same thing and I had to crawl underneath and hit the starter with a hammer.

I've also had the same problem within the last few years and it was a smog related item that the part only cost $40, but the labor was a $100.

It's too cold for Steve to crawl under the car to hit the starter
Get a neighbor to do it
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 03:25 AM   #2983
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Quote:
No he was in the "Small Animal Care" unit at the local college, where he doesn't normally encounter anything more ferocious tha a guinea pig
Old 02-15-20, 05:27 AM   #2984
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jury service week one completed....back on Monday.

Oh the joy.

Old 02-15-20, 11:17 AM   #2985
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
My son is an unusual lad: he came home from college today with some scratches on his hand. He'd been attacked by a 'boss monitor lizard'. Now I'm pretty sure that's something not many people have done
Quote:
Quote:
No he was in the "Small Animal Care" unit at the local college, where he doesn't normally encounter anything more ferocious tha a guinea pig
AHEM

After breaking into the ex-soldier's apartment, they were confronted with the gruesome sight of seven enormous Nile monitor lizards feasting on the 42-year-old's corpse. The huge reptiles - flesh-eating, venomous and endemic to Africa - were covered in their owner's blood and were hissing aggressively at the officers.
To date Ronald's death remains one of the most terrifying and bizarre instances of a human being eaten by their pets.
Although they have become popular in the US as an exotic pet, they are considered dangerous due to their sharp teeth and venom.
This venom is not necessarily fatal to humans - but it can affect blood pressure and acts as a knockout punch on smaller creatures.
Trinidad Navarro, former New Castle County Sheriff, told Animal Planet: "They received a call to check on the welfare of Ronald Huff.
"They knocked on the door but unfortunately there was no answer. They could hear things moving around inside when they were trying to gain entry.
"When they were finally able to get into the apartment they discovered Mr Huff's body, slumped up against the door.
"The largest of the monitor lizards actually did have stained blood about his face and neck so we do know he was in fact chewing on the victim."
To this day no-one knows if the lizards killed Ronald, or if the Newark, Delaware, car salesman died naturally and was then simply devoured by the free-roaming monsters.
Neighbour Jeff Wildonger said: "The smell from Ron's apartment was coming up this hollow wall into our bathroom.
"I could see that his face was pretty well eaten, I could see his molars up where his ears should have been."
An autopsy carried out by the State Medical Examiner in the weeks after Ronald's 2002 death was unable to determine exactly how he died.
However, Mike Cassidy, Ronald's former boss, later claimed his employee had once shown him injuries caused by the lizards' bite marks, suggesting he had been attacked before.
Mike said: "He was found near the door like he was trying to leave. One of the policeman had said that Ron was actually still alive when the lizards started to feed on him. They took his life."
Nile monitor lizards feast on small creatures, such as mice and rats, in the wild. Those in captivity are usually fed raw chicken.
Although they have become popular in the US as an exotic pet, they are considered dangerous due to their sharp teeth and venom.
This venom is not necessarily fatal to humans - but it can affect blood pressure and acts as a knockout punch on smaller creatures.
We had a reptile room at my prep school down in the basement near the furnace room. mostly non-venomous snakes (72!) but monitors are bad when it comes to bites venom notwithstanding the bacteria in their teeth is especially dangerous. I'd seriously recommend a trip to a medical professional .

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote