SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-02-24, 10:37 AM   #16
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
A lot...Mainly traffic with erroneous routes. The next update will be more precise and a lot better.

Fitzcarraldo
Any examples of these routes? That sounds more like a design choice vs a bug? Stiebler did some things that sometimes were thought as wrong, mistake, etc. but turned out to be done a certain way to fit in with the overall nygm structure, functionality and purpose.
Old 04-02-24, 11:49 AM   #17
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3217
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Any examples of these routes? That sounds more like a design choice vs a bug? Stiebler did some things that sometimes were thought as wrong, mistake, etc. but turned out to be done a certain way to fit in with the overall nygm structure, functionality and purpose.
In NYGM you have a lot of ships crashing with the coasts, for example. Also the ships in convoys works better in the FiFi version. Please read the FiFi NYGM thread and you will know about the huge improvements made by FiFi.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-24, 11:59 AM   #18
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
In NYGM you have a lot of ships crashing with the coasts, for example. Also the ships in convoys works better in the FiFi version. Please read the FiFi NYGM thread and you will know about the huge improvements made by FiFi.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
I'm very familiar with FiFi's excellent mod, but thanks anyway.
Old 04-02-24, 06:43 PM   #19
Von Vorbork
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

Hi, I would like to thanks everyone for their input.

And yes, the error I get is the same as the one in your screen shot... I just never tried to run the game figuring that it would never open up.

I just downloaded Fifi's v5 and I am going to install in a matter of monents and retry the other install. Again, thanks you all for all your time in this matter.
Von Vorbork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 06:08 PM   #20
Von Vorbork
Swabbie

Hi guys, I have another question. I enabled Hitmans nygm 3.1 gui into Fifi's v5 and it is not working properly. Is this gui compatable with Fifi's v5 nygm?
Old 04-04-24, 07:58 PM   #21
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442

Hitman's excellent mod will not work in Fifi's NYGM. I liked that mod too.

ARB's wide screen mod is all ready installed, Hardcore TDC, or there is ARB's wide screen mod for not using the Hardcore TDC which is included with the additional mods.

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 09:17 PM   #22
Von Vorbork
Swabbie

Hi Fubar, ok thank you. Is that the same for magui final and wide screen?
Old 04-04-24, 09:38 PM   #23
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442

Not sure. Have not use Magui in NYGM. You can try it and see if it works.

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-24, 10:02 PM   #24
Von Vorbork
Swabbie

Hi, I have few more questions with some game functions I can not get working.

When I try and create a new mission file, in the Mission Editor, the map opens up with the top section of the map blacked out. Can this be fixed?

And my second question is, how can I replace the missing radio player? its just a blank section where it should be. Thank you.

Von Vorbork
Old 04-22-24, 06:31 PM   #25
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorbork View Post
Hi, I have few more questions with some game functions I can not get working.

When I try and create a new mission file, in the Mission Editor, the map opens up with the top section of the map blacked out. Can this be fixed?

And my second question is, how can I replace the missing radio player? its just a blank section where it should be. Thank you.

Von Vorbork
1. The map problem is a common result of a change in the game's resolution vs it's orignal.

2. That would require editing various files including the menu.ini which shouldn't be attempted without knowing what you're doing.
Along with having the necessary .tga file(s) in the game install.
Old 04-23-24, 07:46 AM   #26
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

If you are using a widescreen utility in the SH3 game, one way to get around the issue Von Vorbork is to remove the D3D files from the game's root folder. It would be best to make yourself a "mini-mod" folder in the MODS folder, like "D3Dfiles" or whatever, then cut the two files "d3d9.dll" and "d3d9.ini" from the game folder, and paste them into the "D3Dfiles" folder in the MODS folder for later re-activation. After those two files are out of the game folder, the Sh3MissionEditor will usually run OK, full screen. Dependent upon your computer, you might have to fiddle with the Compatibility settings on the Properties for Sh3MissionEditor.exe, but usually not. Note that some apps might prevent JSGME from removing the d3d9 files when de-activating the D3Dfiles mod, so if that happens to you, close Discord and/or your browser, possibly the File Manager, and they might then remove... The 'modern' Windows does not care to know how to deal with older DirectXv9 games, especially 4:3 games "stretched" to 16.9...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-24, 08:46 PM   #27
Von Vorbork
Swabbie

Hi Guys, thank you for tour response to my questions.

propbeanie, for the d3d9.ini file is it listed as "d3d9" in the main game folder? The strange thing is that the Mission Editor worked in my GWX install but not the one Alex edition v1.53...

John Pancoast, LOL. Yes, when it comes to editing the menu.ini and the .INI files yes I am somewhat illiterate... but I am willing to give it a try. How else can I get it to function? Again thank you both for your input.

On a side note I was able to briefly see the USS Cobia moored in Manitowoc, Wi. And the cool thing is that groups can spend the night on it.

Von Vorbork