SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-22, 08:40 PM   #1
simon1138
Swabbie

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0
Default dead reckoning, use of tools and instructionals

Hello,
I am trying to learn how to plot out a course and want to find something that would include the use of the tools in the game, the different measuring devices. does anyone know of a good site or youtube video that shows those things. i have seen some basic videos on dead reckoning and AoB. i was looking for something with some examples. i dont think that the training exercises in the game really do much. there is one guy on youtube that makes more sense than the others with his videos, Bstank06. but i have not yet found any that show how to work out the angle the ship to the sub. the sub shows 0 at its front, the round tool shows 0 at the bottom on the inner scale 180 at the top. not sure where to go from there. people talk about drawing a line through the ship? i have seen the 90 degree attack thing and used it but feel i am not really efficient enough.
any help would be great
thanks
simon
simon1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 10:18 PM   #2
USS CUTTHROAT SS-365
Watch

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Have a look see at this Video; I'm using it along with the first Exercise in Submarine School to familiarize myself with the different Tools on the Nav Map. Since there are ships tooling about in the Exercise, I'm using them along with the Tools to plot Intercept courses and such.

Hope this helps!

Alan
USS CUTTHROAT SS-365 is offline   Reply With Quote