SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-09-08, 04:56 PM   #106
mainexpress
Ensign

Downloads: 292
Uploads: 0

Hi I just downloaded this mod to try it out,and im getting all the radio news events,on my patrol which is not right,since im in june of 1942.its kinda funny to hear the japanese surrender take place in 1942.Im using radio washington freq 22,and im doing exactly as it says to do in the radio manager instructions.i "click" on the left side to choose my station,then i go below and click "1942 news",then "apply changes".Then i click "prepare stations for game restart" to load the files,i choose My documents then SH4,after that i load my game save.I noticed in my SH4 folder/data/sound/radio/washington, theres the Radio_track.wav file and the events folder.this Radio_track.wav file is the one that keeps playing over and over,when i get into game.Im not getting the news reports:hmm: I must be doing something wrong here?If i put all the news files from the events folder into the washington folder,it will work,but im getting the wrong news reports at the incorrect time frame.or all those .ogg files are just playing one after the other.If someone could help me get this corrected that would be great.
mainexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-08, 05:22 PM   #107
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Your first problem sounds like either you originally had your news in the Washington folder, not the Events folder inside it, or you put the Japanese surrender in both the wrong place and used the wrong date in the events.ini file. Because of the way events.ini is used, those are the only ways it would have done what you said.

As for not hearing anything now, it's possible there's just no news for the time you're playing. Events are set up to only play at certain times and certain dates via events.ini. And if the file isn't set up in events.ini, it won't play at all even if it's in the Events folder. You have to edit the events.ini, which is what RSM does, and put in the date and time the file is supposed to play. Putting them in the Washington folder just causes them to play randomly. That's why you use the Events folder and events.ini for that type of programing.

The looping radio track is because you don't have any other files in the Washington folder. You need to delete/move that track, and add other music files there. You can check the link in my sig for period music, or use you own. It just has to be in .mp3, .wav, and/or .ogg format.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-08, 05:34 PM   #108
mainexpress
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
Your first problem sounds like either you originally had your news in the Washington folder, not the Events folder inside it, or you put the Japanese surrender in both the wrong place and used the wrong date in the events.ini file. Because of the way events.ini is used, those are the only ways it would have done what you said.

As for not hearing anything now, it's possible there's just no news for the time you're playing. Events are set up to only play at certain times and certain dates via events.ini. And if the file isn't set up in events.ini, it won't play at all even if it's in the Events folder. You have to edit the events.ini, which is what RSM does, and put in the date and time the file is supposed to play. Putting them in the Washington folder just causes them to play randomly. That's why you use the Events folder and events.ini for that type of programing.

The looping radio track is because you don't have any other files in the Washington folder. You need to delete/move that track, and add other music files there. You can check the link in my sig for period music, or use you own. It just has to be in .mp3, .wav, and/or .ogg format.
Thanks for the quick reply fred,should i leave those news event files alone in the events folder?,and not move them like i did into the washington folder?
Old 06-10-08, 02:08 PM   #109
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainexpress
Thanks for the quick reply fred,should i leave those news event files alone in the events folder?,and not move them like i did into the washington folder?
Yes, especially if you left the events.ini in the Events folder. If it tries to call for a file that isn't there, the game crashes. Even if you're not listening to the radio.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 08:26 PM   #110
Lynx2069
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit138
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULSEOX
Yes, that's where it is.....(with a shortcut on my desktop)
Hmm, and you're sure that there's that radio.ini file in your radio folder (Data/Sound/Radio)?
That was my problem too

Thanks!
Old 07-01-08, 09:36 AM   #111
mainexpress
Ensign

Hi i finally built my new machine,so i had to re-install SH4 and all my favorite mods i use when i try to activate the radio icon for radiostation manager i get an error message saying-The application failed to initialize properly{0xc0000135}.Click on OK to terminate the application.I was wondering how i can fix this?
Old 07-01-08, 03:31 PM   #112
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

What operating system are you running? And what .NET framework do you have installed? Either way, you must have .NET 2.0 or greater installed for the application to work.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 08:46 AM   #113
LiveGoat
XO

Downloads: 439
Default I'm losing my mind...

Never mind. God almighty, all I had to do was go into the root save folder! With that, I'm having coffee and going to work. Disregard this rambling nonesense.

Last edited by LiveGoat; 01-15-09 at 08:59 AM.
LiveGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 10:34 AM   #114
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveGoat
Never mind. God almighty, all I had to do was go into the root save folder! With that, I'm having coffee and going to work. Disregard this rambling nonesense.
Guess I didn't get up early enough this morning Glad you got it sorted out.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 03:17 PM   #115
IRISH4Life
Torpedoman

Downloads: 800
Default I know the forum has been thru this.

I cannot find the .ini file that is or was on file front. does anyone know where I can get ahold of the RADIO STATION MANAGER INI File.

Thanks,

Mike
IRISH4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 03:49 PM   #116
IRISH4Life
Torpedoman

Default Found an .ini file

I went looking thru the sim and found a .ini file but dont know if that is what I need or where it is supposed to go. Please help when you get a chance. The .ini file that is supposed to be downloaded from filefront is not there.

When I click on the Radiomanager.exe file I end up with the title screen to the application opening and then I get that box that says that the .ini file not found.

Thanks.

IRISH4life
Old 02-16-10, 02:07 PM   #117
IRISH4Life
Torpedoman

Default Don't know what to do with an ini file

Like I said I found an ini file in the sound folder but I don't know what to do with it. Don't know if its for the game or the radio manager and don't want to mess with it for fear of perfect install "ruination". Thanks,

IRISH4life
Old 02-16-10, 11:38 PM   #118
bogaty
Watch

Downloads: 14

I can't seem to get the station manager to recognize my savegames. I point to the savegame folder in user/documents/sh4/data/cfg/savegames but it doesn't like any of the save folders I try to select from there.
bogaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 09:22 AM   #119
BillBam
Watch Officer

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH4Life View Post
Like I said I found an ini file in the sound folder but I don't know what to do with it. Don't know if its for the game or the radio manager and don't want to mess with it for fear of perfect install "ruination". Thanks,

IRISH4life
Running Win7 and I am getting the same radio.ini file not found. Any one have any solutions?
BillBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 11:10 PM   #120
DennyC
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Default RSM 1.2 will not start

When trying to open Radiostationmanager 1.2, it always produces the error message: "The application failed to initialize properly."

The RadioStationManager is in my Mods folder. I enabled it with JSGME, and now have RadioStationManager.exe in my SHWP folder along with the game files and SH4.exe. Tried a fresh download, same result.
DennyC is offline   Reply With Quote