SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-22, 03:19 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Easy Red 2

Got this indy game for less than ten coins including two additional map packs in the current sale.

Its a one man team doing all this, all himself, all alone. Impressive. Huge maps, one of the better AIs for this kind of games (and certainly much better than the AI in Bohemia Interavctive AI total failure games). Destructible environment, squad management, good sniper mechanisms. Difficulty levels ranges from "just trail your squad and stay alive" to insane suicide action. The maps are huge. The old graphics must be forgiven, as already said, its just one single lonely Italian doing all this, and he is still fully engaged to support his baby. You fight as a German, American, British, Japanese or Russian soldier. Complex inventory management, you really can play in varipous styles and in various functions, with various weapons, including vehicles, fixed weapon positions, planes.

I would say this is a hidden gem of indy gaming. And it seems I am not alone with that assessment.

I had to reset the controls to better fit my preferences and to intuiotively find the right keys to lay, crouch, and run. Another mission or two was needed to leanr how to adapt to the madness unfoldsiung aorudn me - rarely only I played somehtign where I died this often and in siuch quck succession. But after some time I adapted, respected the rules in this chaotic world and lived by them - and reduce the number of my deaths dramatically.

This game is cheap currently. It does much better a lot of things where ArmA 2,3 terribly sucks, especially in SP. With the current sale, there is no loss in trying it out. Many videos at Youtube.