SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-20, 08:21 PM   #361
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Is this the same map? I just found this one showing in detail all of the suspected cases of the virus
and only 15 in the USA vs some 64,346 cases in China ...
that's one big difference. At least we have a head start on what to do ...

I just hope they do the right thing and that it doesn't get that bad here

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

This is just a sample map not up to date

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 10:16 PM   #362
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Chinese Billionaire: 50,000 dead. 1.5 million infected. 250 million quarantined.

Chinese government quietly requests 7 million body bags.
http://82.221.129.208/.vr8.html

https://www.ntdtv.com/b5/2020/02/12/a102775027.html

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

Seems about right IMO 7m body bags for a 250m quarantined population adds up to around one of the projected case fatality rates of 2.8%.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 01:47 AM   #363
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

Patient at infected doctor's hospital in Japan tests positive for coronavirus.
Quote:
A man in his 70s who was treated at a hospital in western Japan where a doctor was recently confirmed to have been infected with a new coronavirus has also tested positive for it, local officials said Friday, although they denied the two came into contact.

The infected surgeon had symptoms of fever and fatigue on Jan. 31 and took two days off but worked Feb. 3-5 after taking antipyretics. He was diagnosed with pneumonia on Feb. 8 and was hospitalized two days later.
https://japantoday.com/category/nati...plane-to-Wuhan

So the infected doctor (a surgeon) worked for 4 days at the hospital with a fever. I wonder how many other patients and staff the good doctor infected.

Last edited by Traveller; 02-14-20 at 02:34 AM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 02:36 AM   #364
Traveller
Captain

Patient at infected doctor's hospital in Japan tests positive for coronavirus.
Quote:
A man in his 70s who was treated at a hospital in western Japan where a doctor was recently confirmed to have been infected with a new coronavirus has also tested positive for it, local officials said Friday, although they denied the two came into contact.

The infected surgeon had symptoms of fever and fatigue on Jan. 31 and took two days off but worked Feb. 3-5 after taking antipyretics. He was diagnosed with pneumonia on Feb. 8 and was hospitalized two days later.

In addition to the surgeon and the farmer, another doctor and two patients at the hospital have developed pneumonia. One of the two patients, a woman, has already tested negative for the COVID-19 virus, but local authorities will conduct a fresh test on her and also screen the doctor and the other patient.
https://japantoday.com/category/national/Patient-at-infected-doctor's-hospital-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-gov't-to-send-5th-plane-to-Wuhan

So the infected doctor (a surgeon) worked for 4 days at the hospital with a fever. I wonder how many other patients and staff the good doctor infected during the incubation period.

Three more in Japan are confirmed to be infected.
Quote:
The latest cases on land include a woman in her 60s who is a taxi driver in Okinawa. She had given rides to passengers from the Diamond Princess during its stop at the island on February 1, prior to the quarantine.

Two other new cases are people from Tokyo who had close contact with a taxi driver who has previously been confirmed to have the virus.
https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-ne...hnk/index.html

As I had predicted earlier, the passengers that disembarked from the Diamond Princess in Okinawa have spread the virus. This is starting to spiral out of control.

Last edited by Traveller; 02-14-20 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-14-20, 06:46 AM   #365
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
No. They will be the ones running around trying to take our masks!
Seems the body Armour was not as bad a buy as I first thought!
This is the only mask I can find in the house and I doubt it's fit for purpose.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 06:48 AM   #366
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
New China figures highlight toll on medical staff

Chinese officials have given figures for health workers infected with coronavirus, amid concerns about shortages of protective equipment.

Six health workers have died and 1,716 have been infected since the outbreak, they said.

The death a week ago of Doctor Li Wenliang, who tried to warn authorities early on about the virus, provoked a burst of public anger and grief.

More than 1,300 people are now known to have died from the virus.

The latest figures show 122 new deaths in China, bringing the toll to 1,381.

The total number of infections has jumped to 63,922 cases, according to the National Health Commission.
If I were a gambling man I'd wager the figures are a lot higher.

Old 02-14-20, 06:58 AM   #367
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
This is the only mask I can find in the house and I doubt it's fit for purpose.

Try this. Seals tight.

Old 02-14-20, 07:04 AM   #368
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
If I were a gambling man I'd wager the figures are a lot higher.
If I were a man with a memory, I would take the average of all estimations on how high the infection rates and death tolls really are, and so would use a factor of 15. The party has a lot of reputation to loose. Xi wants to enthrone his dynasty as new emperor family. He and the party will do everything to hide the true scale of things and how massively the state has underestimated and mishandled it in the beginning.

P.S.
Still things need to be put into relation. I just red a scientist doing research on risk management, and he reminded of some basic numbers: that every year over 10 million people die in China, 150 thousand of these die of influenza and flu, in the US it is 30 thousand people dying of influenza and flu per year, globally these two causes are responsible for 600 thousand to 1 million deaths per year. - What he did not specify and what I just remind of is the number of deaths from pneumonia, which is very dangeorus for small children (it kills around one million small chldren per year), and then becomes the more threatening a disease again the older the patients of higher age 60+ are.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-14-20 at 07:41 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 08:04 AM   #369
STEED
Lucky Jack

Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Try this. Seals tight.

I am not coming around to your house for a meal.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 08:18 AM   #370
Traveller
Captain

A man from Aichi prefecture, Japan has tested positive. He developed symptoms soon after returning from his trip to Hawaii. I can't imagine how many people he may have infected on both planes, and in Hawaii itself. A Japanese man in Hokkaido, Japan (where I live) has also tested positive.

Sorry, no link yet because it was on the local news tonight.

Also, that infected taxi driver from Tokyo went to a boat party with 80 other members of his taxi drivers association, and now 10 of the members are also showing symptoms and appear to be infected (awaiting test results).

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XkaiyeyRWyU

I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but no matter where you live in the world, this virus will eventually spread to your city or town. It's like influenza or the common cold- it's highly infectious and they cannot control or stop it.

So it's best to get in the habit now of frequently washing your hands with soap and warm water, plus avoid touching your face to reduce chances of infection. And no, surgical masks will not protect you from airborne transmission.

Last edited by Traveller; 02-14-20 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-14-20, 09:41 AM   #371
Traveller
Captain

I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but no matter where you live in the world, this virus will eventually spread to your city or town. It's like influenza or the common cold- it's highly infectious and they cannot control or stop it.

So it's best to get in the habit now of frequently washing your hands with soap and warm water, and avoid touching your face to reduce chances of infection.
Old 02-14-20, 09:48 AM   #372
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Coronavirus: UK conference attendees warned over case

Health officials have contacted hundreds of conference attendees in London, after it emerged one of them was later diagnosed with coronavirus.

The person, who has not been identified, was at the UK Bus Summit at the QEII Conference Centre last week.

Two Labour MPs who were also at the conference said they were well but cancelling public engagements until 20 February as a precaution.

So far, nine people in the UK have tested positive for the virus.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51503292
This is going to become more and more frequent as time goes on.

Old 02-14-20, 09:53 AM   #373
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

M-O-O-N, that spells "It's time to rewatch The Stand"!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 10:05 AM   #374
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
This is going to become more and more frequent as time goes on.
Yes, and many will spread it without realising that they do, since many do not form any serious symptoms at all. But those that get infected by them, have a chance to form more serious symptoms - and then wonder why.

The liberty and freedom of movement in our societies definitely work against us in this case. In principle and in theory, all travelling and public life should be locked down for 15 days. Hard to execute in practice, but that would be like killing a fire on board a space station by opening the hatches and let all oxygene escape. The pandemic would be over.

Myself, living a bit socially isolated anyway, will avoid even further to go to town and go to the supermarket at peak times and meet crowds of people. I am more a night than a day walker anyway, and so do not mind to buy my everyday goods and times at 11 p.m. instead in the early afternoon or during midday. Münster holds, by students numbers, the third largest university in Germany, and a huge Asian community there.
Old 02-14-20, 02:32 PM   #375
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

First case reported in Egypt, Africa.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan