SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-21, 02:59 PM   #1
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Default Is smoke over horizon possible

Is smoke over horizon possible in Sh4? I have seen people do it in Sh3.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 04:09 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Would imagine so... consider, that stuff from SH5, has been revamped & made usable for SH4, as well as SH3... same applies for things from SH4 being made portable to either SH5 or SH3... & am sure that things such as SotH mod there... could & can be made useable in either 4 or 5...

I also, imagine... that it would take a... bit of work making it, useable too.

1st step, would entail... (as I understand the process.. ) would be getting with the mod originator & talking with them... unless it is straight up mentioned that useability of their mod is given outright for just such... in their ReadMe... that is, granted that there is even that, included in the mod, itself. I have noted a number of mods, that did not even include that in the mod set... but, too, on some of them, that is mentioned in the [Rel] (mod name here)... or on the d/l page... with a few notable exceptions of nothing even mentioned there...

After all of that, My understanding of the whole process after attempts of communication with the originator... tends to get a bit... muddled. I think, BUT... am NOT going to swear to this, 100%... if all attempts to commune with the original mod maker, then the way is clear, to use it... (with making mention of the fact that the work is a re-modification of the base mod & an addendum of that mod makers moniker... included in readme format...) though... just how are you supposed to commune with a mod maker that has passed on though... & this does NOT include if the mod originator has/have literally dropped off the grid...

Hope that this helps in some small manner... & hopefully, someone more.. knowledgeable on the whole aspect of what to do on what to do after making attempts to communicate with an originator of mods so as to modify/use them else wise than the original intent...

M. M.
Old 11-22-21, 04:51 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post

Yes. Vickers03 made a mod, which is among my favorites, real game changer to be honest, especially if one plays without map contacts On a clear day I can see enemy smoke at 10+ nautical miles. I have recently worked on crew visual sensors so they are not so blind, can see what you as player sees i.e. smoke. Now all we need is a "smoke sighted" call from the lookouts Little yet important things like this left out by the devs of this sim irritates me to no end, oh well.

I am not home so can't upload it to you right now, but if you go to my mod TMO update at link below, you will find it in the optional mods folder, entitled TMO different smoke and splashes. Will also give nice depth charge splashes from explosions, better splashes for shells, bullets etc.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5965
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote