SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-21, 02:35 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Restoring Tambor

I have been attempting to restore the TAMBOR to normal career status in TMO 2.5. , so can start with it at different stages of war, instead of if want Tambor, having to play through the war in the "Terrible T" campaign. I love the concept, would like to do it for other boats but if it means can only have the boat in that manner, rather have it "normal". I have edited the career star, flotilla upc, checks others and all looks fine but am lost as to why I keep getting CTD when I enabled the fix and try to start a campaign. Perhaps need to dispense of the Terrible T campaign?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 08:31 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I have been attempting to restore the TAMBOR to normal career status in TMO 2.5. , so can start with it at different stages of war, instead of if want Tambor, having to play through the war in the "Terrible T" campaign. I love the concept, would like to do it for other boats but if it means can only have the boat in that manner, rather have it "normal". I have edited the career star, flotilla upc, checks others and all looks fine but am lost as to why I keep getting CTD when I enabled the fix and try to start a campaign. Perhaps need to dispense of the Terrible T campaign?
speaking only of Stock, because there is no way to know what the boat's life span is with all of the available mods, you only need to edit Flotilla.UPC for Flot 1 and Flot 2 and extend the boat's availability.

or

are you saying that is what you did mod and you are receiving CTD's from the very beginning?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 09:01 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
speaking only of Stock, because there is no way to know what the boat's life span is with all of the available mods, you only need to edit Flotilla.UPC for Flot 1 and Flot 2 and extend the boat's availability.

or

are you saying that is what you did mod and you are receiving CTD's from the very beginning?

The latter, yes edited the dates in flotillas, career start, that should restore the Tambor and still get the CTD. I believe it is something to do with the career start.upc
Old 11-03-21, 09:34 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I thought Art Anker fixed the Terrible Tambor with the v2.5 "Small Patch" update (Florida Sailor maybe?? - where is cdrsubron7 when you need him?? lol)... ?? The UpgradeClass in the SubName.upc is what controls whether you "upgrade" or not... in v2.1 I think it was, is where Ducimus set the Tambor to like UpgradeClass=5, or something like that, above the Tench even... I'll try to get time tomorrow and look through some of my old files... The S-Boats are UpgradeClass=0, along with the V-Boats, and the Porpoise. The Salmon & Sargo=1, Gar and Gato=2, Balao=3 and Tench=4 - I think... so setting the Tambor higher than the Tench removed the possibility of upgrading from it. It seems to me that all aanker did was put the Tambor's UpgradeClass= line back to "2" with the Gar and Gato. Now - I might be remembering this all wrong... wouldn't be the first time. Just ask s7rikeback... maybe don't, 'cause he'll probably remember too many times I have failed...

HAH!!! Found It: 1_TMO_25_small_patch.rar by aanker. So this day goes down in history as the one time I DID remember correctly... lol - is that an earthquake?? - well... maybe not v2.1 - I do think it was v2.5, the way Art writes on his download page... So not all of the way correct on the memory... plate shifting has ceased. - Also, lurker_hlb3 added it to RSRDC for TMO.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 09:40 PM   #5
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I thought Art Anker fixed the Terrible Tambor with the v2.5 "Small Patch" update (Florida Sailor maybe?? - where is cdrsubron7 when you need him?? lol)... ?? The UpgradeClass in the SubName.upc is what controls whether you "upgrade" or not... in v2.1 I think it was, is where Ducimus set the Tambor to like UpgradeClass=5, or something like that, above the Tench even... I'll try to get time tomorrow and look through some of my old files... The S-Boats are UpgradeClass=0, along with the V-Boats, and the Porpoise. The Salmon & Sargo=1, Gar and Gato=2, Balao=3 and Tench=4 - I think... so setting the Tambor higher than the Tench removed the possibility of upgrading from it. It seems to me that all aanker did was put the Tambor's UpgradeClass= line back to "2" with the Gar and Gato. Now - I might be remembering this all wrong... wouldn't be the first time. Just ask s7rikeback... maybe don't, 'cause he'll probably remember too many times I have failed...

HAH!!! Found It: 1_TMO_25_small_patch.rar by aanker. So this day goes down in history as the one time I DID remember correctly... lol - is that an earthquake?? - well... maybe not v2.1 - I do think it was v2.5, the way Art writes on his download page... So not all of the way correct on the memory... plate shifting has ceased. - Also, lurker_hlb3 added it to RSRDC for TMO.

Ahh man thank you I forgot about the small patch myself.
Old 11-04-21, 07:33 PM   #6
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

the UpgradeClass shouldn't cause a CTD.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 03:15 PM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
the UpgradeClass shouldn't cause a CTD.

I don't believe it is an issue with upgrade class, but something incorrect in the careerstat.upc or possibly flotilla.upc when trying to restore the Tambor. The small patch corrects this, it seems. I am going through the file to see where I was wrong.

Hope can correct this, as I wish to add new construction for the Tench Class in 1944 as well. The small patch restores New Construction 1943 for Balao, so figured would be nice to have new construction starts for Tench, Balao, and Gato in proper years. all works out, will start out at New London in new construction, have to sail to Pearl when transfer. Of course, training along way such as mock attacks on convoys, worry about friendly fire, AI torpedo firing u boats etc.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 11-05-21 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-09-21, 12:45 AM   #8
mazzi
Mate

Downloads: 551
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I don't believe it is an issue with upgrade class, but something incorrect in the careerstat.upc or possibly flotilla.upc when trying to restore the Tambor. The small patch corrects this, it seems. I am going through the file to see where I was wrong.
I do not have any problems.

-------------CareerStart.upc----------------------
[CareerStart 1.Flotilla 1]
;IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F1Porpoise, 4, F1Gar, 4, F1Narwhal, 2
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F1Porpoise, 4, F1Gar, 4, F1Narwhal, 2, F1Tambor, 5
-------------CareerStart.upc----------------------

--------------Flotillas.upc-----------------------
[Flotilla 1.UserPlayerUnitType 2]
ID= F1Tambor
;AvailabilityInterval= 1946-01-01, NULL
AvailabilityInterval= NULL, NULL
UnitTypeCommonality= 5 ; to be used when a random choice is assigned