SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-21, 06:50 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Dutch Submarine (static) or AI

Just wondering if anyone knows of models for Dutch submarines, especially O-19 , or others which could serve as fill in. Have added O-19 aground on Ladd Reef (roughly, the coordinates in SH 4 are off and reef is not really represented well) in July 1945 to the TMO campaign, player is tasked rescue the crew (in rafts that can rescued like survivors) and help scuttle the vessel(added to neutral state so does not count against player for sinking it). S boat standing in right now, but would prefer something a bit more authentic.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 10-28-21 at 11:53 AM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 08:44 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows of models for Dutch submarines could serve as fill in. Have added it aground on Ladd Reef in July 1945 to the TMO campaign, player is tasked rescue the crew (in rafts that can rescued like survivors) and help scuttle the vessel(added to neutral state so does not count against player for sinking it). S boat standing in right now, but would prefer something a bit more authentic.
Maybe this here.. will assist on this... know is mentioned of dutch & sub further into the comments... maybe... just maybe this is what you're looking for.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=137856

M. M.
Old 10-28-21, 02:15 AM   #3
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

If you just need an AI sub, I have one among the ships I never released. I offered the 3D model in another thread you opened about the same topic a while ago.

Since then I have ported it into the game, but it's added inside a bigger mod, so I will need some time to make it an independent mod.
Old 10-28-21, 03:00 AM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
If you just need an AI sub, I have one among the ships I never released. I offered the 3D model in another thread you opened about the same topic a while ago.

Since then I have ported it into the game, but it's added inside a bigger mod, so I will need some time to make it an independent mod.
Yes, just need an AI sub . That looks perfect. Please make it an independent mod if you will.

Ah old thread. Yes, it was placed on back burner while developed rest of TMO update.
Old 10-28-21, 10:20 AM   #5
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 705
Uploads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980
Just wondering if anyone knows of models for Dutch submarines could serve as fill in. Have added it aground on Ladd Reef in July 1945 to the TMO campaign, player is tasked rescue the crew (in rafts that can rescued like survivors) and help scuttle the vessel(added to neutral state so does not count against player for sinking it).
how cool is that!
vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 12:06 PM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
how cool is that!
Will be quite cool once have a Dutch sub model, plus if AI can have it roaming the seas. Will if can get her firing torpedoes (if does not already)

I've added (in forthcoming TMO patch) the Darter, S-39, S-27, S-36 all aground at proper times and locations. Crew in rafts which can be rescued Player gets message so if near by, can assist, rescue the rafts, and scuttle the subs. Rescue of rafts gains major renown points. I believe that is all the US subs which ran aground and needed rescuing/scuttling, but still researching to make sure did not miss any. Flier grounded at Midway, plan to add it as well for immersion/scenery.

Of course the issues are I had to use static models of subs, since for whatever reason the AI versions when random generate in campaign layers would not show up lol the rafts would but not the sub.

Second, the geography, when it comes to reefs SH 4is way off so have to place them in places slightly different than, but near historic locations. Darter for example, hit Bombay Shoal. Well in SH4 the coordinates of Bombay Shoal is in deep water lol and same for some others. So I found one of the shallow spots nearby in the "danger zone" in south china sea and placed it there.

Still deciding if I want to place subnets at shallow depth(0 ft) , to represent the reefs, where player can't cross over or risk grounding or just leave it up to player. I simulated the reef around Midway with a subnet and unless go below with camera, looks like it could be a reef.
Old 10-30-21, 05:43 AM   #7
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I couldn't test it thoroughly. Let me know how it works.

https://mega.nz/file/Q9JwUTIb#V9rMFr...HMmmOp3OkAagNA
Old 10-30-21, 02:16 PM   #8
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
I couldn't test it thoroughly. Let me know how it works.

https://mega.nz/file/Q9JwUTIb#V9rMFr...HMmmOp3OkAagNA

Thanks. Will let you know!