SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-24-21, 06:16 AM   #1
Davi223
Nub

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 crashing all the sudden

So i've had gwx3 for a while as well as SH3 commander, and it worked perfectl until recently. I never changed anything in the files that could cause the game to just die, but everytime i load a last saved game, it crashes just before loading and returns me to SH3 commander.

As i said, it worked perfectly for a while, so idk what could have caused the sudden crashing over and over again.

It seems that the save file could either be corrupted for some reason or i dont know. I've heard that SH3 commander and GWX3 are compatible, and i do have all the necessary files for those two to run together. It worked for a while, and it just stopped working.
Davi223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 06:37 AM   #2
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Hi Davi223 Re SH3 commander and GWX3 are compatible, and i do have all the necessary files for those two to run together.

did you download the GWX Comander Config file so GWX-Commander mod talk to each other also have you installed the 4Gig Patch to give SH3 more than 2gig memory .

Did you install SH3/GWX outside Program/Files x86 so to bypass all the windows security protection
make a games Folder of Drive C:/ or on a second HD install SH3/GWX There

Also did you save your game in mid patrol near land or submerged that will cause the dreaded CTD

download Links

GWX Commander Config File download Link

http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/

4Gig Patch Download Link

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5737

are you using Dvd version of SH3 or steam download

hope this helps you to sort out the Crashing issue

regards blackswan40

Last edited by blackswan40; 10-24-21 at 06:45 AM.
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 06:49 AM   #3
Davi223
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi Davi223 Re SH3 commander and GWX3 are compatible, and i do have all the necessary files for those two to run together.

did you download the GWX Comander Config file so GWX-Commander mod talk to each other also have you installed the 4Gig Patch to give SH3 more than 2gig memory .

Did you install SH3/GWX outside Program/Files x86 so to bypass all the windows security protection
make a games Folder of Drive C:/ or on a second HD install SH3/GWX There

Also did you save your game in mid patrol near land or submerged that will cause the dreaded CTD

download Links

GWX Commander Config File download Link

http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/

4Gig Patch Download Link

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5737

are you using Dvd version of SH3 or steam download

hope this helps you to sort out the Crashing issue

regards blackswan40
Hi, thanks for replying.
Yes i do have 4gb patch and ctg files. I have all the necessary files, and i know it because if i didnt, it wouldnt have worked before.

I can indeed confirm that i saved mid patrol and it was near land, however not sure if submerged.

I started a new career to see if it would load in the game, it actually did. So that means the save was done for, definetly got corrupted or messed up. Do you have any idea how to prevent that?

I do have a new career and it works, but i dont want it to just start crashinz again because i didnt save "correctly", meaning that something got messed up in the save.
Old 10-24-21, 07:01 AM   #4
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Hi Davi223 we all get CTD with SH3/GWX dont have too many saves in your patrol i keep it to a minimum of six when i leave port and get 75-100kms from land saved as Prt-1 Prt-2 ect when im halfway to my patrol grid save is the wardate 24-11-39 ect so you know what the wardate is of that save so you dont have to open it to see wardate.
when i am out of eels and returning home I save it as Prt End

I aslo have a sheet of papper with all the save file names and what my tonage score is and what Grid im in on that save
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 07:12 AM   #5
Davi223
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi Davi223 we all get CTD with SH3/GWX dont have too many saves in your patrol i keep it to a minimum of six when i leave port and get 75-100kms from land saved as Prt-1 Prt-2 ect when im halfway to my patrol grid save is the wardate 24-11-39 ect so you know what the wardate is of that save so you dont have to open it to see wardate.
when i am out of eels and returning home I save it as Prt End

I aslo have a sheet of papper with all the save file names and what my tonage score is and what Grid im in on that save
Alright, thank you
Old 10-24-21, 10:11 AM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Davi223!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 10:25 AM   #7
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

If this helps, a huge help for me to avoid GWX ctds was to use LGNs edited campaign files. You use only the area(s) you're interested in vs. all of them loading.
Get them here.
Old 11-01-21, 10:20 PM   #8
print.scr
Swabbie

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
If this helps, a huge help for me to avoid GWX ctds was to use LGNs edited campaign files. You use only the area(s) you're interested in vs. all of them loading.
Get them here.
Great thanks for the hint!