SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-21, 01:52 AM   #76
Kongo Otto
Commodore

Downloads: 203
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Kongo Otto, if you had a previous mod activated, and did not clear your Save folder after activating the new mod, you can also end up with that situation.
I have a new install and there was nothing in the Save folder.

I have started a U-Boat campaign and already sunk 8500 something tons Palmira tanker inside my designated patrol quadrant and it exploded nicely.
The game didn't crash, albeit it was a huge explosion.

To: BdU

1 Tanker 8500tons, chasing fast single merchant, 9 torpedos left, 170 rounds Deckgun. AL6152, U-35 Haeder

Kongo Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 06:25 AM   #77
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
The submarine school missions seem to have issues in general and should be revised. I recommend to avoid them for now.

I confirm this. These days i had some time to fire up this supermod. Naturally, I began with the sub school, which allowed me to notice a few things that need improvement.
- First, the freeze mentioned here. It's caused by the animation of the secondary explosion with fireball. I added several types of ships to the sub school mission, loaded them with various types of cargo and watched the effects. Regular explosions with just a water column are alright, but when it comes to ammo ships or tankers that generate fireballs, the game freezes and the only thing to do is a hard reset.
- Second, I tried the convoy mission. Maybe i've lost my hand at it during the 7-8 years that i stayed away from subsimming, but the destroyer found me instantly and rammed me at a depth of 13m. And here comes the odd part:
Although my uboat got rammed at full speed, with the destroyer's bow being pushed out of the water, the sub had absolutely no damage, neither from the impact, nor from the swarm of depth charges that exploded practically on top of it.
To press things on, I surfaced and the destroyer circled me, firing at me only with his MG's, no guns. Although the guns were trained on me, he did not fire them and attacked me only with MG's and by ramming a 2nd time. Only this 2nd ramming (when i was surfaced) managed to damage my sub and eventually i got sunk.
Anyway, I feel that both the damage model and the destroyer behavior have room for improvement.
- Finally, as a side note, personally I feel that bringing back in game the WP commands about identifying a target, calculating range etc. would be a great bonus.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the work with this mod Niume and keep up the good work
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 09:37 AM   #78
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I confirm this. These days i had some time to fire up this supermod. Naturally, I began with the sub school, which allowed me to notice a few things that need improvement.
- First, the freeze mentioned here. It's caused by the animation of the secondary explosion with fireball. I added several types of ships to the sub school mission, loaded them with various types of cargo and watched the effects. Regular explosions with just a water column are alright, but when it comes to ammo ships or tankers that generate fireballs, the game freezes and the only thing to do is a hard reset.
- Second, I tried the convoy mission. Maybe i've lost my hand at it during the 7-8 years that i stayed away from subsimming, but the destroyer found me instantly and rammed me at a depth of 13m. And here comes the odd part:
Although my uboat got rammed at full speed, with the destroyer's bow being pushed out of the water, the sub had absolutely no damage, neither from the impact, nor from the swarm of depth charges that exploded practically on top of it.
To press things on, I surfaced and the destroyer circled me, firing at me only with his MG's, no guns. Although the guns were trained on me, he did not fire them and attacked me only with MG's and by ramming a 2nd time. Only this 2nd ramming (when i was surfaced) managed to damage my sub and eventually i got sunk.
Anyway, I feel that both the damage model and the destroyer behavior have room for improvement.
- Finally, as a side note, personally I feel that bringing back in game the WP commands about identifying a target, calculating range etc. would be a great bonus.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the work with this mod Niume and keep up the good work
It seems that explosions only in Submarine school causes game to crash. I am amazed why it happens. Because I haven't touched any of the parameters in the training academy besides translating the text to English language. And at least from my testing in campaign i do not crash when big explosion happens.

You can already ask WP to identify ships. You need to lock the ship and press SHIFT+I. I do not believe that it is possible to ask for range, aob, speed reading without disabling manual targeting all together.

Also do not forget to join discord server. You can report bugs there and see upcoming features.

https://discord.gg/x5KPChjs

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 12:58 PM   #79
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Hi again Niume, thanks a lot for the answer.

Okay, i got the message about explosions, I'll wait to see how they behave during missions.

Regarding the WP commands, they are present in the Commands.cfg file, the section that lists the WP commands. I remember they were useful in SH3, as a middle option between full manual targeting and automatic targeting (some sort of mild cheat when playing manual targeting, without activating the auto targeting). I also remember it had the respective buttons in the SH3 interface, but not 100% sure about that, as i haven't played SH3 in ages.

[Cmd344]
Name=WP_Solution_to_target
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F130003
Str=1074

[Cmd345]
Name=WP_Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F130004

[Cmd346]
Name=WP_Compute_solution
Ctxt=1
Str=1076

As for the sub damage model, do you think something can be done regarding the underwater collisions I mentioned earlier? Just indicate me the file to edit and i'll try to do it myself, don't want to bother you with this if you don't feel like it.

Thanks again, pal, and all the best
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 03:17 PM   #80
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo Otto View Post
I have a new install and there was nothing in the Save folder.

I have started a U-Boat campaign and already sunk 8500 something tons Palmira tanker inside my designated patrol quadrant and it exploded nicely.
The game didn't crash, albeit it was a huge explosion.

To: BdU

1 Tanker 8500tons, chasing fast single merchant, 9 torpedos left, 170 rounds Deckgun. AL6152, U-35 Haeder

Are you Georg Haeder on YouTube? Love your videos!
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 07:36 AM   #81
Kongo Otto
Commodore

Downloads: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
Are you Georg Haeder on YouTube? Love your videos!
Yes, that's me and thanks for watching my stuff.

Kongo Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 02:12 AM   #82
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

The reason for the crash in submarine school was the target ship. When exchanging it there is no crash. Will be fixed with the next patch
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 03:55 AM   #83
attwater
Swabbie

Downloads: 258

Hi Niume
If i can help

For the next patch :
During the game with the XXIII:

- Game crash when the submarine is hit by a plane bomb ???

- Propeller texture to change to put it in bronze

- U-2322 begins its mission in Stavanger on February 4, when in reality the submarine left Horten on February 6.

- Mark-14 torpedoes instead of German torpedoes.

- 1 torpedo in reserve whereas in reality the type XXIII only carried 2 torpedoes already installed in the tubes.
- Where is damage control team ???

During the game with a VIIC:
- The mines explode, but the submarine has no damage, you surprise me, the .zon file is empty
- Damage control team which stands on the Deck watch at a depth of 100 meters ???? It's crazy.

Attwater
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture3.JPG (65.7 KB, 20 views)
attwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 07:11 AM   #84
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by attwater View Post
Hi Niume
If i can help

For the next patch :
During the game with the XXIII:

- Game crash when the submarine is hit by a plane bomb ???

- Propeller texture to change to put it in bronze

- U-2322 begins its mission in Stavanger on February 4, when in reality the submarine left Horten on February 6.

- Mark-14 torpedoes instead of German torpedoes.

- 1 torpedo in reserve whereas in reality the type XXIII only carried 2 torpedoes already installed in the tubes.
- Where is damage control team ???

During the game with a VIIC:
- The mines explode, but the submarine has no damage, you surprise me, the .zon file is empty
- Damage control team which stands on the Deck watch at a depth of 100 meters ???? It's crazy.

Attwater
Damage control team is the men at the compartment.
I am not sure if it's realistic.

I get damaged by depth charges in type VIIC.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 11-08-21, 09:10 AM   #85
attwater
Swabbie

Downloads: 258

No depth charges, but Naval mine, in Data Library, the file .ZON is empty.

Damage control team don't exist for type XXIII.
attwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 06:58 AM   #86
dex
Engineer

Downloads: 198
Default about air cover,Luftwaffe

best regards Niume...probably the best option and very interesting is air cover like in Dark Waters....I think in Dw mod exist and warship cover...I didn t play Dw for a long time...Please bring back something of that in future update...
All the best Niume
dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 10:20 AM   #87
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Hi again Niume, thanks a lot for the answer.

Okay, i got the message about explosions, I'll wait to see how they behave during missions.

Regarding the WP commands, they are present in the Commands.cfg file, the section that lists the WP commands. I remember they were useful in SH3, as a middle option between full manual targeting and automatic targeting (some sort of mild cheat when playing manual targeting, without activating the auto targeting). I also remember it had the respective buttons in the SH3 interface, but not 100% sure about that, as i haven't played SH3 in ages.

[Cmd344]
Name=WP_Solution_to_target
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F130003
Str=1074

[Cmd345]
Name=WP_Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F130004

[Cmd346]
Name=WP_Compute_solution
Ctxt=1
Str=1076

As for the sub damage model, do you think something can be done regarding the underwater collisions I mentioned earlier? Just indicate me the file to edit and i'll try to do it myself, don't want to bother you with this if you don't feel like it.

Thanks again, pal, and all the best
I gave the mentioned commands hotkeys it doesn't work. Atleast from my testing the collision works fine.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 11-18-21, 02:58 PM   #88
Niume
Sea Lord

If everything goes to according to plan patch 1.2 should be released this weekend or Monday.

Changelog
Reworked mission order flags
Reworked early war torpedo dud rates
More randomized ship routes
Bold decoys now appear earlier in the war, the twin flak gun will appear much later according to historical information 1942-10-01
Resupply ships and resupply uboats now are displayed on the map.
Changes to allied air bases
Snorkel smoke effect for non rwr snorkels(maybe in the future the RWR will be also included)
Improved blow ballast sound and crash dive
Wilhelmshaven port optimization
Tweaked airbases
Renamed VII to VIIA
bases in which flotillas are based in are showed in Campaign start screen

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Last edited by Niume; 11-18-21 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-25-21, 03:23 PM   #89
Niume
Sea Lord

The full game download link has been updated. It has all the latest patches.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 12-27-21, 04:55 PM   #90
marcospanik
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Default complete objective

Hello, I have similar problem that DEX had...I am in 7th Flotilla, Kiel, U-13 type IIB first patrol in aug/sept 1939...I am in operation area for few days and cannot complete the objective, I sunk one ship and I cannot sink more, because I spent all my torpedoes (2 were hits, 2 were duds, last one was miss or dud)...thank you for advice in forward.
marcospanik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ksd ii, u-boat