SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-21-21, 11:46 AM   #1
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0
Default Fuel Consumption

Just wondering is anyone else is experiencing high fuel consumption?
Ive tried the Aruba Mission over 5x and run low every time returning, as it takes over 55% fuel to get there.

I have My engine room & navigator fully staffed and use 2/3 bell. Leaving LaRochelle it says I have 21,000km range. Thats Great, the distance is only around 7500km. Plenty to spare...NOT!

I think the seas or some other problem/bug is eating the fuel. Ive reported this many times, tried the Forum but some say they make it with fuel to spare, others say you must run on electric engines. This is not right.

Anyone have similar experence?

B129 Prev 21
Old 09-02-21, 10:59 AM   #2
PzKpfw_VI
Swabbie

Downloads: 34
Default Re: Fuel consumption

I did this mission on the B129 Preview 25 and had similar experience. I had to use the milk cows to accomplish it. However, the type VII did not have the legs to make it all the way across the Atlantic without some kind of resupply correct? I tried it 2-3 times and did not have extra fuel once. It would be interesting to hear other people chime in on this.
PzKpfw_VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 12:09 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

PzKpfw_VI! ...after a long silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 11:08 PM   #4
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzKpfw_VI View Post
I did this mission on the B129 Preview 25 and had similar experience. I had to use the milk cows to accomplish it. However, the type VII did not have the legs to make it all the way across the Atlantic without some kind of resupply correct? I tried it 2-3 times and did not have extra fuel once. It would be interesting to hear other people chime in on this.
Thanks for chiming in. I read UBoat Commander by Peter Cremer and he and other Type 7's made it to Florida. To do this they had to convert a fresh water tank, and ballast tank to Fuel Oil. On top of that, they were refueled Mid Atlantic on the trip to Florida, to top off.

I wish Dev's would get someone on their teams to do ACCURATE research. It irks me because the factual info is out there, it just required someone to do the leg work. These Sub Sims could be a whole Lot better out of the box.
Old 09-05-21, 04:44 PM   #5
PzKpfw_VI
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpex77 View Post
Thanks for chiming in. I read UBoat Commander by Peter Cremer and he and other Type 7's made it to Florida. To do this they had to convert a fresh water tank, and ballast tank to Fuel Oil. On top of that, they were refueled Mid Atlantic on the trip to Florida, to top off.

I wish Dev's would get someone on their teams to do ACCURATE research. It irks me because the factual info is out there, it just required someone to do the leg work. These Sub Sims could be a whole Lot better out of the box.
I agree that there is always room for improvement in the realm of simulators. People have a certain expectations for a given program. However, I would like to give credit for the team of Uboat for responding quickly to bugs and other issues. They have created a really cool game in a unique genre. A genre that people have a lot of knowledge and research put into.

Last edited by PzKpfw_VI; 09-05-21 at 08:24 PM.
PzKpfw_VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 07:37 PM   #6
lecek
Watch

Downloads: 0

Regarding fuel consumption.

The map is flat. Some east and west measurements from the same longitude but at different latitudes produce identical distances when in reality the farther from the equator you measure the shorter the distance should be.

This means that not only is the map flat, the Uboat world is flat. Flat flat flat. (Incidentally the option for globe in settings is just for visuals, not navigation.)

The problem with this is that this means that in turn the ocean is oversized. The devs can give us more fuel or otherwise change our range but this will mean that we either have too much range or too little depending on where we are sent for patrol.

It probably can't be changed because it is likely a fundamental part of the games core, but I really wish it was a globe and just the map was flat. It is not like the computers can't handle the math. MSFS had a true globe for navigation since like FS95 and maybe earlier.
lecek is offline   Reply With Quote