SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-21, 05:02 PM   #1
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

Default b129 experiments

After experiments with b129, I feel this is without doubt the best update yet -for me.

Less icons (tho still way too many labels ) , better hydrophone (I think its significantly better) , more realistic movement, stability, etc- still a few non-lethal bugs

I like "Full" manual targeting. For me that means: Not locking onto targets( lock-label needs to go), No Stadimeter, ship ID manuals, TDC, or map plots for measuring target parameters. Just Mk-1 eyeball , binos and scopes to estimate Range, Speed, and AOB. Then plenty of stealth to get in range.

I really like UBoat's deeper dark nights. The hardest thing for me is learning how to order these Bots around and keeping them happy . when things go South.

Last edited by Vox165; 08-07-21 at 12:46 PM.
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 05:52 PM   #2
CheckSix
Watch

Downloads: 0

I think it's visually excellent, the sea effect and deck reflections are very immersive. Other than no dockyard facilities at Vigo, I haven't noticed any issues. The crew seem fairly autonomous after I assigned them accordingly and filled their backpacks full of spare parts and medkits.
The weather is very rough more often than not, which doesn't help with manual targeting.
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 06:12 AM   #3
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141

The crew is generally a lot better than earlier versions. They behave more like a trained crew and require less micromanage.

Now that you mentioned it, I have seen plenty rough water with this update too. Assigning a chief Engineer Officer (he should be there) to the "depth keeping" stationed seems steady and keep from broaching the surface. Ive read there is a console command that can reset the weather.

I recently turned the "Detection" eye monitor on in the options. I had it off -which now I see was a mistake. Its help me understand the game's Sound and visual variables. Im not sure what the % mean Im assuming its indicating %chance per unit time?

Last edited by Vox165; 08-07-21 at 12:52 PM.
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote