SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-16-21, 09:08 AM   #1261
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzoni666 View Post
hi alex...ive been playing your mod for a couple of weeks now and i must say that this is definitly the best and most exciting sh experience i have ever made...thanx a lot for your fantastic work,its amazing...also your help on the forum for the players who play your mod is outstanding...i have one question and hope you could help me with it...i play sh3 for a couple of years now,but never ended a career(the longest last until decembre 1943)...so i have never played a type XXI u boat and really,really looking forward to do it...is it possible to change your mod so that i can have one at the available date of the stock game?...and if so could you give me a short advice how to do it?...i dont dare to change any values by myself cause i dunno how they are related with equipment and stuff...thanx in advance
The XXI type submarine is available from march 1945 in Bergen. So you can make +/- 1 patrol on that boat as it was in real life. Please use SH Commander to start the career in March 1945 from Bergen with type XXI. Starting from 1944 with the type XXI is not realistic because those boats were under development/testing but not in real patrols.
Old 11-16-21, 03:50 PM   #1262
dex
Engineer

Downloads: 198
Default about discord and corupt save in my sareer

Onealex greet you,very good idea about Atlantic battle on your discord page,I'm interested for that but I can't to join because I play your mod on 50 realism automatic targeting,I read on discord a lot about your wolfpacks and Kyle is very good captain also
second thing about corypt save some glitch ,I tried 5 times from begining patrol and saves not working ,grid is AL 29

I tested save files in next patrol Ae87(same save file spot Be,Am,Bf Bay of Biscay grid,they working now...everything is ok ..maybe is problem only that previous patrol grid Al 29

Last edited by dex; 11-17-21 at 03:25 AM.
dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 01:23 PM   #1263
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Gyro compass activation fix. Now it does not interfere to fire torpedo. To activate gyro compass just move the mouse to the top. The main link has been updated

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B6S...ew?usp=sharing
Old 11-18-21, 03:08 AM   #1264
deVada
Nub

Downloads: 6
Icon14

Many thanks to you Alex
After playing subsims since Silent Service back there in 80-ties, then through most of WWII subsims to now I find your compilation VERY immersive and easily working and beautiful and hard. Thank you!

PS
The only think I would change is the position of the cursor after i.e. enlisting a new crew member or choosing a torpedo type in base. It makes player moving the cursor a bit uncomfortable (when compared to standard GFX).

PS 2
Is there maybe a mod somewhere to disable the bell ringing every time you order a new speed? As a Captain it would be the first thing I would throw out the brigde

PS 3
Can't find the UZO in VII-C type, is it intended?
deVada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 03:27 AM   #1265
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deVada View Post
Many thanks to you Alex
After playing subsims since Silent Service back there in 80-ties, then through most of WWII subsims to now I find your compilation VERY immersive and easily working and beautiful and hard. Thank you!

PS
The only think I would change is the position of the cursor after i.e. enlisting a new crew member or choosing a torpedo type in base. It makes player moving the cursor a bit uncomfortable (when compared to standard GFX).

PS 2
Is there maybe a mod somewhere to disable the bell ringing every time you order a new speed? As a Captain it would be the first thing I would throw out the brigde

PS 3
Can't find the UZO in VII-C type, is it intended?
PS - I don't know how I can do that
PS2 - Yes there are plenty sound mods.
PS3 - Shift+U/Ctrl+U - Rise/Lower UZO. To activate UZO perform left mouse click on it
Old 11-18-21, 06:33 AM   #1266
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Campaign has been updated. Now saves are more reliable. The main link has been updated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_xf...ew?usp=sharing
Old 11-19-21, 04:50 AM   #1267
deVada
Nub

Downloads: 6
Icon10

one more question:
My hydrophone crew seems very lazy with this mod set.
Instead of scanning the surroundings all the time, they seem to detect something on random basis, especially when the captain personally uses the hydrophones. Sometimes I am rammed by a ship while on periscope depth and they didn't warn me at all. I see them from my captain bed with headphones all the time. Are these **** listening to music instead of serving the reich?

Is it maybe because of late war sensors mod?
In standard GWX 3.2 gold they work as expected.

thanx
deV
deVada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 05:27 AM   #1268
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deVada View Post
one more question:
My hydrophone crew seems very lazy with this mod set.
Instead of scanning the surroundings all the time, they seem to detect something on random basis, especially when the captain personally uses the hydrophones. Sometimes I am rammed by a ship while on periscope depth and they didn't warn me at all. I see them from my captain bed with headphones all the time. Are these **** listening to music instead of serving the reich?

Is it maybe because of late war sensors mod?
In standard GWX 3.2 gold they work as expected.

thanx
deV
Old 11-19-21, 08:35 AM   #1269
dex
Engineer

Default about last 2 fix

Hi Onealex....we can add this last 2 fix(gyro fix and campaign fix) to mods folder and activated trough Jsgm or just to add files to Sh3Onealex folder
Old 11-19-21, 08:58 AM   #1270
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Hi Onealex....we can add this last 2 fix(gyro fix and campaign fix) to mods folder and activated trough Jsgm or just to add files to Sh3Onealex folder
Hi. Replace original files
Old 11-21-21, 06:29 AM   #1271
dex
Engineer

Default about corupt save

Greetings to all sailors...Does someone still have problems with corupt saves
I put last update to help better saving but nothing...I save on open sea no convoy near...central Africa Atlantic
I managed to complete patrol grid with 3,4 time loading from start(load any good correct save)...maybe is interval of saving is problem,how often we save

Last edited by dex; 11-21-21 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-21-21, 11:00 AM   #1272
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Greetings to all sailors...Does someone still have problems with corupt saves
I put last update to help better saving but nothing...I save on open sea no convoy near...central Africa Atlantic
I managed to complete patrol grid with 3,4 time loading from start(load any good correct save)...maybe is interval of saving is problem,how often we save
Strange I have had no issues with saves after 23 patrols with this mod. I always save in the control room always more than 50k from ships or land. I don't really have a schedule of saving but try to save every 24 hours of game time. I always make two saves before exiting the game. The first is done by escaping and saving and then continuing and then a few minutes later making a save and exit save named something like xgxgh. When reloading I reload the real save wiping out the xgxgh save.
This has been working for me and have saved all over the Atlantic this way in type 7b,7c and lXC.

NYGM STEEL COFFIN V5.0 / CCOM12 FIFI / ONEALEX 1.53

Last edited by Dieselglock; 11-21-21 at 11:34 AM.
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 11:49 AM   #1273
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default re

No save issues here. I save the first opportunity after leaving port that is 50k from ships or land. After that I save every 2 complete game days around midnight, if I can. Before each save, I, let game run at 1x for at least 5-10 minutes, on the surface of course, at least 50k from any ships or land, gramophone off and in control room or map screen.
Old 11-21-21, 12:42 PM   #1274
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Important thing is war period. I think that in late war saves are not so good as at the beginning

Last edited by Onealex; 11-22-21 at 02:44 AM.
Onealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 02:37 AM   #1275
dex
Engineer

Default about save file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselglock View Post
Strange I have had no issues with saves after 23 patrols with this mod. I always save in the control room always more than 50k from ships or land. I don't really have a schedule of saving but try to save every 24 hours of game time. I always make two saves before exiting the game. The first is done by escaping and saving and then continuing and then a few minutes later making a save and exit save named something like xgxgh. When reloading I reload the real save wiping out the xgxgh save.
This has been working for me and have saved all over the Atlantic this way in type 7b,7c and lXC.
Greet you Dieselglock...ahaa you have solution,interesting two saves one of them fake,,,but sometimes I try and that
Doolar Greetings..try to make save file in grid Cg middle ...lot of convoys and I run from land 100k,dive check sonar contact,surface and then if all right no convoys,radio messages make save...half of my save files is corrupt
I expereinced ctd in a middle of fight...I spoted small convoy near Cape Verde,sneak up,one destroyer lead 3 merchant ships...when I hit L destroyer with torpedo he explode and uncontrolled start to shell star shells to sky and then ctd

Last edited by dex; 11-22-21 at 03:14 AM.