or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 12:27 AM   #47
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

I'm the first kid in my family to be fully vaccinated.

Got my first shot on May 26, and I got my second only a couple of days ago on June 18. No more masks for me!

I'm so glad that I got it, and I strongly encourage people to get the vaccine.

Stay safe everyone!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 01:53 AM   #48
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

My wife got a single shot vaccination today. A few hours later, she had a fever of 101°F (38°C) and chills. She got some rest and hydration and says she's starting to feel better now.
Old 06-24-21, 02:07 AM   #49
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

First Moderna yesterday.

I already feel the urge to buy Microsoft products

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 03:49 AM   #50
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
My wife got a single shot vaccination today. A few hours later, she had a fever of 101°F (38°C) and chills. She got some rest and hydration and says she's starting to feel better now.
what’s funny was that I didn’t get any side effects, nothing really. Had baseball events both days that I got my shots and I never felt any soreness or sickness at all

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Old 06-24-21, 06:12 AM   #51
Sean C
Grey Wolf

She just woke up and her fever has returned. Back to bed ...
Old 06-24-21, 08:43 AM   #52
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
^ Wow! We should rename vienna Mr Lucky

Hey, I'm buying the brand name stuff at the market when I get the card...

The lucky ones here in CA are the persons who got the jab(s) and were selected in the State drawing for prizes ranging from USD $500,000 to $1.500,000; I don't think I'm eligible for those drawings, but, hey, fifty bucks is fifty bucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
what’s funny was that I didn’t get any side effects, nothing really. Had baseball events both days that I got my shots and I never felt any soreness or sickness at all

The reactions to vaccines, and medications in general, can widely vary among individuals; I had a very severe reaction to the first of two shingles vaccine jabs I got and was laid up for a bit over three weeks, but the second jab only affected me for a couple or so days; the Covid jabs (Pfizer) really didn't affect me anywhere near as badly as the shingles first jab; medications, for me, have always been iffy and, sometimes, risky; I have severe reactions to two commonly used pain/anesthesia medications, Demerol and Fentanyl, and that aversion has been a big problem when I've had procedures or surgeries since, given my age and conditions, other alternatives carry some even riskier side-effects or complications; I'm supposed to have spinal surgery to correct nerve damage in my neck and lower back, but, aside from the pandemic restrictions on 'elective' surgeries, the neurosurgeon is concerned about the risks on someone my age, let alone the risks of anesthesia...

Physical size and/or appearance of superior health doesn't always assure a benign reaction; many of us, I am sure, have experienced mass inoculations where you've stood in line and watched some big, healthy muscle guy get a vaccination only to crumble into a heap while the classic '98 pound weakling' guy just shrugs it off and strolls away...

I agree with El Whacko: the jab is well worth the trouble, given the possible alternatives if you catch Covid, the putative risks espoused by the tinfoil hat/conspiracists don't rely hold up in the bright light of scientific/medical fact; even the known and provable negative effects of the Covid jab are no worse,and, in many cases, way less and far less prevalent than the known effect of vaccines already widely in use and accepted by the vast majority of the public; you probably have a greater risk of enduring food poisoning from a fast food place than you do of having a serious effect from a Covid jab....

So, get the jab(s) ans stay safe...

<O>
Old 06-24-21, 09:33 AM   #53
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
First Moderna yesterday.

I already feel the urge to buy Microsoft products

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 11:31 PM   #54
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Not to mention too that in the pockets of people who aren’t vaccinated COVID can still spread almost at will, and then there is a chance that a new variant will come along from those places that is outside the protection of Pfizer and other vaccines; effectively restarting the pandemic all over again.

Old 06-25-21, 08:07 AM   #55
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Well, not necessarily restarting the pandemic all over again, since a significantly smaller proportion of the population will be at risk, but Delta could very certainly ramp up the over-straining of medical facilities, personnel, and supplies, as in the first two surges; the virulence of the Delta Covid strain is staggering when compared to the strains already experienced; the US sate of Missouri, which has one of the lowest vaccination rates, might be a harbinger of what may be in store...

6 warning signs that the Delta variant is coming for unvaccinated Americans --

https://www.aol.com/6-warning-signs-...090025183.html

Quote:

5. Delta will hospitalize and kill unvaccinated Americans, especially in undervaccinated communities. Just look at Missouri.
Members of the Missouri National Guard work to administer the Covid-19 vaccine during a vaccination event on February 11, 2021 at the Jeff Vander Lou Senior living facility in St Louis, Missouri. (Michael Thomas/Getty Images)
Members of the Missouri National Guard administer COVID-19 vaccinations in St. Louis on Feb. 11. (Michael Thomas/Getty Images)

There is one state right now that is leading the country in both new COVID cases per capita (at nearly quadruple the national average) and new hospitalizations per capita (at nearly triple the national average): Missouri.

In fact, nearly two-thirds of 30 U.S. counties with the highest current rates of hospitalization are in the Show Me State.

Not coincidentally, Delta now accounts for nearly 30 percent of Missouri’s new COVID cases, according to the CDC.

No other state comes close.

Across Missouri, hospitalizations are up 15 percent over the past two weeks. But in counties with lower rates of full vaccination — a quarter or less of the population — hospitalizations have tended to increase by something like 50 or 60 percent over the same period.

In Joplin, Mo., where the hospitalization rate is now higher than anywhere else in America, Freeman Health System announced Wednesday that it was reopening the COVID ward it had previously closed in March. Elsewhere, CoxHealth, a six-hospital system in southwestern Missouri, said last week that it may begin diverting some COVID patients to other facilities throughout the state due to surging admissions “associated with the Delta variant” — a “five-fold increase from less than a month ago.”

Meanwhile, local providers say pretty much every new patient has one thing in common: They’re unvaccinated.

“We’ve been seeing much younger patients needing management within the hospital — some as young as their late teens, in their 20s, in their 30s and, unfortunately, all of [them] unvaccinated and very sick,” Ivy Garcia, a critical care nurse at CoxHealth in Springfield, Mo., recently told ABC News.

“With the new variant in our area, these patients are getting sicker quicker,” added Leanne Handle, an assistant nurse manager of a medical surgical COVID-19 unit at the same hospital. “They are progressing through this spectrum very, very quickly. … [They’re patients] who don’t think that they’re going to get sick from it, who aren’t mentally prepared to make life-and-death decisions [like] do they want to be intubated, do you want CPR if your heart should stop.”

Missouri has had the misfortune of getting hit hard by Delta first. But it’s not an outlier. A dozen states — Mississippi (29 percent), Alabama (32 percent), Arkansas (33 percent), Wyoming (34 percent), Louisiana (34 percent), Tennessee (35 percent), Idaho (35 percent), Georgia (35 percent), Utah (36 percent), West Virginia (37 percent), South Carolina (37 percent) and Oklahoma (37 percent) — actually have lower full-vaccination rates than Missouri (38 percent), and in most of those states, more than 20 percent of seniors still haven’t received one COVID shot, let alone two.

Which suggests they’re probably just as vulnerable to Delta as Missouri — if not more so.

There are many reasons to suffer or die needlessly, but to do so merely for trying to make a cultural, social, or political point is really pretty damn senseless; while I do repect those with religious concerns or even deeply held medical concerns, the truth is the vast majority of those currently reusing to get a jab are doing so because of issues not covered by those concerns, but, rather out of some sort of individual stubbornness or as part of some group-think egged on by leaders with varied agendas more geared to the leaders' needs and wants than any regard for the actual well-being of their followers; for those who refuse due to individual 'exigencies', suffering and, perhaps, dying in quarantined solitude may fulfill their need to be truly 'individual' at their end; and, for those who cling to a lemming-like desire to follow their pack, well enjoy the trip over the clip, and remember, as I have often told people who I have known who wanted to try something needlessly risky just to be part of 'the gang', coffins usually hold only one, so those yo died for won't really be with you in the end, so decide wisely if lock-step marching is really a sound idea...

This may sound morbid, but the upside of the Delta strain ravaging its way through the willfully unvaccinated is it may be a prime example of Darwinism, with a thinning of those ill-equipped to really survive...

The CDC reported a couple of days ago, the reported rate of deaths attributed to Covid vaccinations effect is 0.0017%; the rate of those who have been reported hospitalized with the Delta variant who are unvaccinated is 99% of total admissions; choose wisely and be safe...

<O>
Old 06-25-21, 09:01 AM   #56
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Here on Northrhine Westphalia, prioritizing still is the official rule. You cannot have your name put on a waiting list if you are younger than 60 and have no doctor's attesting for a serious chronical desease.

At the same time the government claims we have cancelled prioritizing.

I checked (again) the official online portals to have your name registered for a waiting list. As of this morning these sites tell you they do not accept you if you are under 60 , have no attesting and no serious desease.

Because we have ended prioritizing.

At the same time a mayor from a city in the North demands to make life for unvaccinated people more unpleasant and exclude them from options in public life - to increase their willingness to get vaccinated.

Logical, eh? Tzzzzz...

I would will to have my name put on a waiting list, or pull a waiting number. But I am not allowed and not accepted. No, we have no prioritizing - while we officially and formally practice it...

Last edited by Skybird; 06-25-21 at 09:15 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 07:48 AM   #57
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Hehe, lucky dog I am. Got a call from my doc's office (hello, isn't it Saturday...?!) and they said they had a cumulation of reservations next week being cancelled by intended receivers, I could jump on the train on the fly and fetch one.

Well, a no-brainer.

Monday noon, BionTec. Second jab some time early August.
Old 06-26-21, 08:03 AM   #58
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
She just woke up and her fever has returned. Back to bed ...

Same shot laid me low for about 24-36 hours so her reaction is not unusual but once I slept it off I felt fine. The fact that her fever came back would worry the heck out of me.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 11:28 AM   #59
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Hehe, lucky dog I am. Got a call from my doc's office (hello, isn't it Saturday...?!) and they said they had a cumulation of reservations next week being cancelled by intended receivers, I could jump on the train on the fly and fetch one.

Well, a no-brainer.

Monday noon, BionTec. Second jab some time early August.
Nice one

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 06:35 PM   #60
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
The fact that her fever came back would worry the heck out of me.

Oh, believe me: I was a little worried. But she seems to be doing just fine now.