SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-08-21, 01:35 AM   #31
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Got the second Moderna vaccine today, along with the wife, administered in the car line at the city health dept. parking lot...to the right shoulder again. No problems or stiffness.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 08:51 AM   #32
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 343

got my first shot of Pfizer today! Glad that is over.
Old 05-01-21, 02:26 AM   #33
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Got my first shot on Thursday, Comirnaty by Pfizer and BioNTech.

No side effects other than the usual soreness, next one in July.

Last edited by Dowly; 05-01-21 at 03:01 AM.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 11:05 AM   #34
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Second jab sorted.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 11:02 AM   #35
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

First shot of Pfizer last Wednesday, no side effects noted but the Frau's vaccinated arm was sore for the next day.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 02:05 AM   #36
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

astrazenica shot
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 11:29 PM   #37
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

So my company offered everyone $250 and up to a day off to get the shot. They told me (informally) that refusing to get the shot might cause problems at work, especially when going out to customer sites, so I broke down and got it. I got the one shot J&J version so I would be done with it but then the nurse tells me as she hands me my card not to have it laminated because the government might require us to get boosters or other shots in the future. Lovely.

Then I go home and get just as sick as I did when I had the damn disease. Moar loveliness!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 01:10 PM   #38
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Well, I buckled and got my first jab of Moderna this morning. Only side effect was feeling flushed about 2 or 3 minutes afterwards, lasting just a minute or so.

Now its about three hours later and my arm is sore at the injection the sight.

I'm gonna start whinning a lot more real soon if I dont get some ice cream or a lollipop or something.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 03:58 PM   #39
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Because of an immediate adverse reactions of tunnel vision, flushed, lite headed though mild. I will not get the second dose. Seems it had something to do with already having COVID last October.

On the brightside one dose of Moderna is rated up to 80% effective. Couple that with the already exsisting antibodies its like having two doses anyway.

Glad thats over because I was not looking foward to getting another. From childhood to the military Ive been injected with every vaccine known to mankind. Not once did I ever have any kind of reaction to them. Until now, and three days later it still feels like its screwing with me.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 06:29 AM   #40
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

I finally got my first dose of the Pfizer Covid vaccine this past Friday (28 May), and, other than a mild bit off off-feeling and a stiffness in my arm, I haven't had any adverse reactions; I did experience an odd numbness in the ring and little fingers of my left hand (I had the shot in my left arm), but I can't say for certain that it was the result of the jab since I had experienced the same affect prior due to my various conditions; it has been a rather long time since the last bout of numbness, but it may just be coincidental...

I chose the Pfizer over the Johnson since I do have concerns related to my strokes about possible blood clots and there have been scattered reports of blood clots as a possible side effect of the Johnson vaccine, so better safe than sorry; I took so long to get my shot due to various factors; at first, even though I am in the high priority group (old geezer), here in LA County, the first vaccination centers were drive thru only and, since I don't have a car, it was a bit of a non-starter; I decided to wait for my usual clinic to get the vaccine, but there was a lot of confusion owing to the rather inept rollout of the vaccine supply by the Operation Warp Speed (ironic name, that) causing local entities administering the doses to be uncertain as to when, if, or how many doses they were actually going to get, a confusion further aggravated when the General in charge of Warp Speed announced that previously announced reserve supplies for the second round of doses, much touted as being available and in stock, were actually not at all in stock and actually had never existed at all, a fact conveniently hidden until the previous Oval Office administration was just a couple of days away from exiting; the new situation necessitated the County to reassess how, and to whom, the existing dose were to be prioritized, so I had to put off getting the shot...

...then there was the Shingle Situation; I had been long overdue to receive a shingles vaccine, owing to my clinic's difficulty in securing the right vaccine, and they finally got it a few months back, and the decision was made I should get the shingles shot before I could get the Covid shot; it is customary and advised to wait at least two (2) weeks between vaccine shots of differing vaccines; I got the shingles shot and, the very same day, I had a whooping bad reaction to the jab; it laid me up for over three weeks and laid me low; the shingles shot is like the Covid shot and requires two applications to be effective, so, after a prolonged convalescence, I went in for the second shot, hoping for the best; other than a couple of days of off-feeling, the effects were mild, so, with another few weeks of waiting, I finally got the first Covid jab; I'm to receive the second jab just after mid-June, and I hope it goes as well as the first...

I am of a mind, after all the mishaps and stress of my latest experiences with vaccines, if there is a new viral threat, to just let it wash over me and take my chances of coming out OK on the other side...

<O>
Old 06-04-21, 09:32 PM   #41
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Well i got my second shot of Pfizer on 4-8-21 And i had no after effects.

Last edited by Gorpet; 06-05-21 at 07:47 AM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 09:42 AM   #42
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

I've had both shots of that AstraZeneca vaccine and I had no side effects at all, I'm wondering if it was just bloody water they jabbed me with.
Old 06-18-21, 07:51 PM   #43
vienna
Navy Seal

Just had the second jab of the Pfizer vaccine earlier today; there have been no noticeable side effects, other than a brief numbness in the little and ring finger of my left hand, a condition I experienced after the first jab, but the effect only lasted about an hour or two; at least, I am now done with the process...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 06-19-21 at 06:12 PM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 07:11 AM   #44
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

had both done about 3 weeks ago Astra Zeneca only mild fever after but had to go to the Vaccination center at Sports City (Manchester City FC) to get it done which was quite painful
Old 06-23-21, 07:58 PM   #45
vienna
Navy Seal

It seems my Covid jab has resulted in a modest profit; I received a message from the CA State Health Dept. notifying me I am eligible to receive a USD $50.00 grocery gift card for having completed my two jabs; I went to the State's Covid website, filled out the required form, and according to the site, I should receive my gift card in about five or so days; I had thought I might have missed the time frame for the card offer, but I've lucked in...

<O>