SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Destroyer - The U-Boat Hunter
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-20, 06:40 PM   #46
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

does look pretty good
Old 03-25-21, 06:46 PM   #47
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79
Default Destroyer- the U-Boat Hunter demo coming in June

Announced today, Iron Wolf studio are planning to release a playable demo of the much awaited title ‘Destroyer the Uboat hunter’. The game itself is scheduled for a q4 2021 (now revised to q1 2022) release and the devs are working hard to have a demo online for the Steam games festival in June.

In the meantime the game’s dev diary has been updated with some new screenshots including outside views. Check it out at the steam link below

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...51561582902516

Last edited by Sonarman; 03-28-21 at 12:25 PM.
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 10:18 PM   #48
Sniper450
Officer

Downloads: 177

Steams showing Q1 2022 release at this time.
Sniper450 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 03:59 AM   #49
Furia
Surface Shepherd

Downloads: 94

Oh boy!! This is surely going to be purchased the first day that it is available.
Old 03-28-21, 12:23 PM   #50
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Thanks Sniper450 yes they just updated that on Steam though it means a longer wait for us, its good to see, they obviously care more about shipping a quality product than hitting some arbritrary release date.
Old 03-29-21, 07:41 AM   #51
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Looking forward to this game
Old 05-05-21, 04:38 AM   #52
Artur Salwarowski
Iron Wolf Studio

Downloads: 4

Hello everyone,

My name is Artur Salwarowski and I am the designer of Destroyer. We are working hard on our demo and we are very excited to be able to share it with you soon.

We will begin promoting the game shortly and we will have a few juicy morsels for you in anticipation of the demo's release in mid-June. I personally really hope that the demo (and the full game) will appeal to the subsim community.

With that in mind, I would love to hear your opinion on the subject of tutorials. We already know that we won't manage to squeeze in a full-blown tutorial into the demo, there simply won't be enough time as the demo still needs some work before the release.

Therefore, we will most probably opt for a very simple tutorial that explains just the basic controls, and then there wil be a series of videos explaining each destroyer station in details, explaining tactics and other important ASW facts related to the game.

What do you think about this solution? Will it be acceptable for the demo? In my honest opinion, I don't relly think anyone here would need the tutorial anyway, apart from just a few details, such as the Tactical Range Recorder.

Either way, please let me know your thoughts on this. As soon as the demo releases, I expect there will be plenty of feedback, so even before we get into this, please let me say that we are making this game for you and all your feedback will be of utmost importance to the further development of the game

I really hope that we are creating something that you will enjoy playing.
Artur Salwarowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 06:38 AM   #53
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

For me, the quickest and simplest but still effective way for a tutorial is a video with step-by-step voiceover. Be sure to have the narration stick to the point, no rambling. Juist record a few example of how to play the game. And the comments will help you see what you missed.
Old 05-05-21, 08:39 AM   #54
Artur Salwarowski
Iron Wolf Studio

Thank you very much for voicing your opinion, that's exactly how I will attempt to do that

I am also working on a series of short interviews with an ASW expert and I think the community might be interested in seeing a glimpse of the game and watching us discuss some of its aspects before the demo itself arrives.

We will be recording those in the second half of May, so if there are any questions that you would like to be addressed, then now is the best time to ask
Old 05-06-21, 04:15 AM   #55
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Destroyer academy...

Hello Mr Salwarowski,

Great that you are making a Destroyer game!

As a longtime, neither American nor British player of the Silent Hunter series, I would like to give you some advice regarding some sort of academy for DESTROYER.

My experience with this side of games is that many lessons are based on prior knowledge, no accounting for non-English speakers, no clear mouse pointer, no perfect English (so, a sort of a slang), often a bit of mumbling, using a lot of abbreviations, usually way too fast , moving the mouse over the screen like crazy so that the student not knows where to look at and not assume that a novice does not know why something has to be done! The student must understand why something has to be done like this!

Of course you want to sell as much of this game as possible! Then it's up to you to make sure that a newcomer can learn your game well!

I give you an advice:
Hire a well known teacher from primary or secondary technical education. A teacher who knows nothing about submarine combat but really, really wants to learn it! This man knows exactly how to explain complicated things to the unknowing!

I think you should spend a lot of energy and money on this kind of thing! Make it clear in the sale that an education expert has cooperated.

easy

Last edited by easy; 05-06-21 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-06-21, 07:46 AM   #56
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

I think that providing a playable demo is a dangerous move. It doesn't matter how loudly you declare it to be an alpha or beta - there will always be people who are going to complain and denigrate the work and that can be disheartening to developers who've worked long and hard to hear some random keyboard warrior tell them their product sucks.

I'm anxiously awaiting this demo, but I'm hoping that the target audience can restrain themselves and only provide constructive feedback.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 07:33 PM   #57
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

effective way for a tutorial is a video with step-by-step voiceover although a lot of us old timers around here probly won't need much sure some like me play destoyer command back in the day a ot of times the problem i have with the videos is the mouse pointer is so small it hard for me to see it i really like to see how the layers going be on the sub hunting
Old 05-06-21, 09:37 PM   #58
Pelle71
Watch

Downloads: 336

Full dynamic campain pls, than this game is going to be a big hit! Keep up the good work and take youre time.
Pelle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 01:18 AM   #59
Furia
Surface Shepherd

Downloads: 94

This is one fo the games I am really looking forward to have.
I cant wait to try this Demo

I believe that some video tutorials showing the game mechanics and functionalities woudl suffice for the demo.
Surely the community will produce additional video tutorials as soon as the Demo is released as well.

I have some friends that would be interested in the game but that do not speak english fluently and would also welcome that the videos incorporate subtitles.

Thank you
Old 05-11-21, 01:55 AM   #60
Artur Salwarowski
Iron Wolf Studio

@Everyone

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions, I will do my best to make the videos as clear, concise and informative as possible.

On a side note, I used to work as a teacher for quite a while, and the subject I used to teach was English, so I hope I will somehow manage to make the tutorial vids useful

Most of the peeps here won't be needing those anyway, although I assume that you would at least want to see what's where before you dive in.

And yes, I am well aware that there's gonna be a lot of criticism heading our way, but there's no going around it (at least in our current situation). The investors demanded a demo, they gave us a non-negotiable deadline, and so here we are

I just hope that our destroyer won't go to the bottom straight away, so please conserve your torps for the merchants