SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-21, 03:21 PM   #286
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRem View Post
Thanks for the assist FPS

You're welcome!

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
Old 07-14-21, 04:02 PM   #287
CJMars
Seaman

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0
Default Language options?

I installed the Epic Mod and now everything is in Russian. Is there an English translated version?
Old 07-21-21, 06:07 PM   #288
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

Default Time on my hands for a little while

ive got a bit of free time from work for a while so im going to use some of that time to make some new stuff & use some of my unreleased work for :

Epic Mod

Dot Mod

PBS ( Playable-Subs )

Coldwaters 1.15g ( vanilla Version )

These New files will also be a thank you from (Me) to those that have Continued to used my V@rious Downlo@ds

Steel Shark
Old 08-05-21, 08:17 AM   #289
SkulSS
Sailor man

Downloads: 57

Default New update 2.32 has been released

Hi all!

Changes in 2.32 version (update 05.08.21):
-New model of pr.885 "Yasen" (Graney)
-Reconfiguration of wire breakage of torpedoes
-Reconfiguration of Towed array breakage (over 28 knots)
-New icons on the minimap as in DW (torpedoes, missiles, SAM)
-New coastal maneuvering algorithm (work in progress)
-Fix AI maneuvering in shallow water
-Fix the position of the periscope on pr.949a (Oscar-II)
-Fix cavitation SSN Virginia
-Fix cavitation SSN Sturgeon
-Fix cavitation SSBN Resolution
-Fix cavitation SSBN Vanguard
-Fix cavitation pr.659 (Echo-I)
-Fix cavitation pr.675 (Echo-II)
-Fix cavitation pr.661 "Anchar" (Papa)
-Fix missions in the Amsterdam area
-Correction of visibility underwater, etc.

Download here: Cold Waters Epic Mod

Old 08-06-21, 04:57 PM   #290
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default Mods epics

thank you again for this superb mod which continues to improve once again our russian friends show their know-how ... thank you for your mod хорошее продолжение в ваших проектах.
Old 08-22-21, 03:57 AM   #291
spacemishka
Nub

Downloads: 2

hi there...

thanks for the nice mod. But why performs the ADCAP so poor....compared to the vanilla Version?

thanks!
Old 08-22-21, 09:51 PM   #292
NavyGuy570
Seaman

Downloads: 5

If you’re looking for something similar to EpicMod, but uses more realistic stars, I recommend DotMod. Instead of being biased towards certain countries and capabilities, DotMod tries to use as close to real stats as possible. The ADCAP is still the king, but there are several Russian torpedoes that follow close behind.
Old 08-28-21, 04:14 PM   #293
itsjero
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

Okay so i understand from the changelog they did some work on the whole wire break deal.

However, i have a few installs of cold water. The reason is i have edited a lot of text files, so i have an install for russian navy, american navy, super sim hardcore mode, and then like an arcade mode.

All the other installs i use i dont mind the wire break stuff. Its legit and just part of the game to even the balance.

However, in the "arcade" mode version i have installed, i have the wirebreak setup to where the wires just dont break. I can launch a spread, and then haul ass across the map and reposition, and in the past before the newest epic mod release ( august 5 2021 relase.. the lastest one i think 2.32 )

Anyways, now once i move my sub, the wires break.. period. I have gone in and checked out my text files for this "version" of the game i have setup, and the wirebreakthreshold i have set is like for 1200 knots. Everything in this "arcade mode" install i have moves much faster. Boats move faster, weapons, etc.

I basically made a version of the game that is super arcadey.. where you can just go in and shoot up and blow stuff up. Its for when i only have like a half our or so to play, so i can jump in and sink some stuff.. and like fill the urge i have to play the game without setting aside like 2 hours to play a super sim-style game.

Anyways, again the newest epic mod they changed the wire break stuff. now, no matter what i edit in the .txt files, the wires break as soon as i steer my sub to another course maybe.. more than 15 degrees or so, and as soon as i increase speed they break too.

Doesnt matter what i put in the .txt files, so im wondering if there are any devs out there or anyone familiar with the newest epic mod release and setting up the wirebreakthreshold value to one that makes the wires basically never break. Sure its a cheat of sorts, but again its for an arcadey version i play and now no matter what i edit or do, the wires break.

And in all honesty, they break in the regular installs of the epic mod FAR easier than past releases of the epid mod.

So id hate to roll back and go to the previous mod revision because the newest revision also lets me play many other subs in campaign mode than just the like 3 i was given in the past. So that along with alot of the new features kick ass and i dont want to roll back because ill lose those features.

But i really would like to know where the new settings for the wirebreakthreshold across the game are.. and if they are editable? This is usually done by vessell, but it seems now there is an overal setting for wirebreak that seems to override whatever the vesells settings are.

So, hope that makes sense and hope someone can help me out.
Old 08-29-21, 10:37 AM   #294
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3

There are two places for wire breakage...in the weapon.txt itself (for individual weapon)and the config file. I wish I could tell you HOW they work together but I simply don't know.
Old 08-31-21, 02:41 AM   #295
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

bullhorn EM 2.33

SkulSS

When i first Saw Epic Mod I was Amazed and Still am at the Vast Improvement's its brought to Coldwaters ive modded it since Version 2.11 to 2.28

Its True that some of Epic Mods Original Members have now formed Dotmod and given this some of Dotmod Stuff is due you .....

However the work and efforts of DotMod Members that were never ever anything to do with EPIC Mod you most Certainly DONT have any rights Or Claims too .....

If people just take what they want this will Discourage people to share files and Work which will hurt us all In the long run

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 08-31-21 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-03-21, 11:21 AM   #296
Badger343rd
Loader

hmmmmmm...this is a dilemma...atleast for me it is. I'm not happy having to choose between the two, I'd be happier if they would work at combining the best of both into one. But not knowing the circumstances between the 2 groups makes my opinion mute. I mean they(DOT)gave everyone permission to build on their work as long as credit was given...BUT...not too EPIC?? Epic has supported advancement in this title for along time now ,and I think people are loyal to that commitment. On the other hand people are also up in arms about Epics move to include DOT assets(but credited I assume). Dot contributors are angry and have made that very clear. It's a sad situation all round. I'm fortunate enough to have the time and where with all to make CW what I want it to be for me, while most CW players don't. I say ignore the turf war...play the game that suits you...hope they work it out in the end.
Old 09-06-21, 05:02 PM   #297
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299

Ok, first, I love the mod. Awesome! I love all the added subs. The fact that I can't survive more than a few missions . . . eh, I just need to improve.

Question though, What movie is shown as the opening scenes for the mod? I think I might like to see it.
Old 09-06-21, 06:53 PM   #298
Badger343rd
Loader

Hunter killer
Old 09-06-21, 08:47 PM   #299
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger343rd View Post
Hunter killer

Thank you.
Old 09-09-21, 07:39 PM   #300
Bly
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

I've been watching MagzTV playing this mod on his Youtube series and it has inspired me to reinstall Cold Waters and give the mod a go. Look forward to playing.
Closed Thread