SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-19, 08:27 PM   #1
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default SUB COMMAND - Ship Control Station Shows Needles

The following was resolved by resetting my Nvidia settings back to default. I found the information here...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1600/discussions/0/1692659769942898661/

I have not been able to determine the actual problem, but this is fixed, at least for my installs. I hope this helps someone too.n

Hello,

I have a weird graphic anomaly in SC in Win 10. Everything works great and shows up correctly except the "Ship Control" station. I hope this will make sense?
  • Starting with the Map station..go to any other station and it renders properly.
  • Click on the Ship Control station and only the dial needles show and they show on the previous Map screen. AFAICT, all of the functionality is there. It's like the Map bitmap covers the Ship Control screen or the Ship Control or the Ship Control bitmap doesn't load or loads behind the image of the Map. The Map screen doesn't update after clicking on the Ship Control button until clicking back to the Map station.
  • I said all other stations load correctly, but after selecting the Periscope station the same behavior occurs the same as the above bullet when clicking back to the Ship Control station except instead of the Map image remaining it's now the Periscope station image the needles show on top of the Periscope screen image.
  • Graphics Options Screen - Add to the above the same behavior happens when selecting the check mark on the Graphics Options screen except the Graphics Options image is now showing with the dial needles of the Ship Control station.
  • High-Frequency Sonar window in the Ship Control station appears to function correctly when I can find the button to turn it on since it doesn't show.
I told you the was a weird one. FYI - My Nvidia drivers are updated.

Any ideas?

[Edit - It appears the same anomaly of not refreshing the bitmap is happening in Dangerous Waters. But, the menus flash and are impossible to read in DW. ]

Last edited by Capt Codetrucker; 09-06-19 at 12:25 AM.