SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Knights of the Sea Depths II: Adversaries
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-18, 04:22 PM   #1
ridley
Helmsman

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default UPLAY SH4.exe

I have a copy of SH4, somewhere, but who knows how long that will take to find.

So I thought just buy the latest version from Uplay as this is the exe that is suggested in the into thread.

Except I cannot find SH4 on UPLAY! Any idea where I can get it?
ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-18, 01:50 AM   #2
Niedowidek
Bosun

Downloads: 118

Well, if you have legal copy already, maybe just take a look at KSD II discord.
Old 11-27-20, 05:22 AM   #3
Xall
Mate

Downloads: 137

Been looking for this as well, I installed KSD II and I am using the Steam Version, after the loading screen it exits/crashes the game.

I tried looking for the KSD II Discord server but the links are dead.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? Would love to give KSD II adversaries a go
Xall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 08:46 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you are using Steam, you will have to install the game into a different Library folder, or move the Steam install and game, such that you are not in a Windows protected folder, such as a Program Files folder, which is what Steam defaults to when it installs, and then it puts the Library folder below it, such that you end up with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific". The game runs fine there, but any modding you do will have its files set back to the previous state by Windows, so you'll get a mix of KSDII pictures, and Stock config files, which usually ends up crashing the game. Refer to Moving a Steam Installation and Games for information on both methods. Once you have the game outside of the "protection" of Windows, then you can properly apply a mod. After that, then you have to clear the games "Save" folder, which generally defaults to "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", with "UserName" being what you log into Windows with, or use one of the multitude of short-cuts to your documents folder, and delete either the contents, or the entire "SH4" folder. The game will recreate the folder when you start it the next time, which will then bring in all of the information for the newly applied mod.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 04:32 AM   #5
Xall
Mate

Downloads: 137

Thanks propbeanie,
I managed to solve the issue.

The problem is not with the installation of KSD II Adversaries, its with the SH4.exe file itself.

KSD II Adversaries does not come with SH4.exe, and as I read into it, you need to copy and overwrite the "Fake" SH4.exe that comes with KSD II Adversaries, problem is that the Steam SH4.exe does not work with it as it was designed with the Uplay Version of Silent Hunter 4.

My fix was that I had some time ago downloaded the earlier KSD II Mod which was just called that without the Adversaries and was only playable in Russian, but that mod had the Uplay version, so I copied and pasted that into Adversaries and now it works like a charm.
Xall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 07:15 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I forgot about that... I had used my disk version of the executable and then promptly became ignorant... Glad you got it!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 02:31 PM   #7
dex
Engineer

Downloads: 198
Default about Ksd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xall View Post
Thanks propbeanie,
I managed to solve the issue.

The problem is not with the installation of KSD II Adversaries, its with the SH4.exe file itself.

KSD II Adversaries does not come with SH4.exe, and as I read into it, you need to copy and overwrite the "Fake" SH4.exe that comes with KSD II Adversaries, problem is that the Steam SH4.exe does not work with it as it was designed with the Uplay Version of Silent Hunter 4.

My fix was that I had some time ago downloaded the earlier KSD II Mod which was just called that without the Adversaries and was only playable in Russian, but that mod had the Uplay version, so I copied and pasted that into Adversaries and now it works like a charm.
Please help,I bought yesterday steam version sh 4 only because sh 4 exe and I am screwed
dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 11:36 AM   #8
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Please help,I bought yesterday steam version sh 4 only because sh 4 exe and I am screwed
Hy dex

Attention knight of the depths is multiplayer axis at the base you can find a translation made by vickers
Regarding the version I do not use steam is I advise against it now maybe that it works ...
it seems to me that this version was uplay is you need sh4 1.5 with the Uboat extension included me I use it this contact Alx_Novoros if you want to know more or go to their site KsD Team
now the other version has nothing to do with that since everything is integrated in it

KSD-II Adversaries my mod is
[MODS]
NewEnvironmentForKSDIIver1.4.1_MainFiles=1
NEv1.4.1_Eincreased visibility under water+Fog=2
KSDII_New_Sound_1.1=3
KSDII_New_Sound_1.1_DasBoot_Sonar=4
English_translation_full_KSDII 1.14=5

KSD-II-Wolfpack
[MODS]
Patch_Full_for_KSD-II_1.14=1
KSDII_New_Sound_1.1=2
KSDII_New_Sound_1.1_DasBoot_Sonar=3
KSDII_New_interface 1.4.1=4
KSDII_New_interface 1.4 - NormalCompass=5
KSDII_New_interface 1.4.1 - Alt_scopes_graticule=6
KSDII_New_interface 1.4.1 Viscontact under the periscope=7
NewEnvironmentForKSDIIver1.4.1_MainFiles=8
Reshade-shaders KSDII=9
KSDII_New_TT?_Submarine_KELLERMANN_1.3=10
KSDII_New_interface 1.4.1 - Map Wolfpack=11
German Hits=12
Wolfpack_v 2.3=13
Patch_WP_2.3_v_1.0=14
Wolfpack_Sound_Interier_v1=15

attention the KSD-II-Wolfpack is not translated
I want to clarify that it is a better job that I have to play ... My Russian friends are aces of the mod and the documentation... Hy see soon

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 06-11-21 at 11:59 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote