SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-10, 07:45 PM   #31
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
So enjoy modern subs in the sim which cannot simulate them practically at all. Really clever! Better think about introducing sixteenth century's galleons here - it would be more exciting idea: submarine gun battles with Spanish Great Armada.
Would this be the same sim that has troubles simulating WWII era submarines as well? And the sixteenth century galleons sound like fun! When can you start modding them into the game?

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 10:19 PM   #32
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 0

It't take about all your 9 pounder ammo to take down a good sized maru but i bet it'd be FUN!

ETR3(SS), Your work on the modern, and pre-modern, Subs... it's most appreciated!!!!

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
rein1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 12:49 AM   #33
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Would this be the same sim that has troubles simulating WWII era submarines as well? And the sixteenth century galleons sound like fun! When can you start modding them into the game?
there is one already !!!

the ghost ship ! (Flying Dutchman 17th century)

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 05:20 AM   #34
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Concerning new submarines

Dear Gorshkov,
As you believe the implementation of modern submarines in SHIV to be stupid, you may simply stick to threads which do not deal with such things. I personally would not at all write such things about fellow gamers just because they prefer WWII era submarines.You may have noticed we`re talking about a Cold War Mod of the game. It takes a lot of time to create a new submarine and make it work.So if you don`t like it, you should rather keep such comments to yourself. By the way, you might consider changing your nickname as Adm. Sergeij Gorshkov is supposed to be the father of the post-WWII nuclear submarine force of the Soviet Union.
jhapprich
Old 07-25-10, 12:12 PM   #35
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
So enjoy modern subs in the sim which cannot simulate them practically at all. Really clever! Better think about introducing sixteenth century's galleons here - it would be more exciting idea: submarine gun battles with Spanish Great Armada.
Gorshkov, you're getting very near to trolling.

I tend to agree with jhapprich on this. If you don't like it, don't post anywhere near it!

May I point one thing out, though?

You knock people who decide to play about with post WW2 subs, but you've modded the Battle for the Baltic Mod to accept an American Fleet Boat?

'Nuff said.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 08:53 AM   #36
TorpexXIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 197
Default HELP !!!

Hi Guys,

Ive just downloaded these puppies and my god they are awesome. Much respect to the creator. However I have one tiny problem. Only one has a conning tower!? Is there a UPC dat file conflict anyone knows about? Please help, Im a mong in such things and really want to play these boats.

Thanks in advance for help,

Chris
TorpexXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 11:53 AM   #37
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Missing sails

Exactly which subs sail is still there? What version are you running them on? I made them for version 1.5. They are meant to be standalones, no other mod should be loaded simultaniously. I will upload a mod package with all the boats to run together in the next weeks.you could try to rename the conning names and files. therefore, go to the objects-folder and rename the files e.g Conning_667A to Conning_667A_01. do so with every file. next , go to Submarine>NSS_667A>NSS_667A.EQP and set the entry Z01> Linkname...to Conning_667A_01. save the file and open the UnitpartsXX667A.UPC in the Folder UPCdata/UPCUinitsData. Set the ExternalLinkName...to /Conning_667A_01. Save the file, than rename it to Unitparts11667A.UPC . Do so with every other conning of the subs. Take a look at the Hotel`s configuration files if you`re not sure how to do it. Otherwise , send me a mail.Hope it helps. By the way, the Hotel and the new Akula seem to be most stable. havent managed to load them without a sail yet. The Kilo has got a special mastlayout and the ECHOII uses a special deck cannon, ther`re not compatible to anything else. remember, only run one Mod! CU

You may also try to set another unitpatartsinterval to the connings.

Last edited by jhapprich; 08-24-10 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-24-10, 01:41 PM   #38
TorpexXIII
Electrician's Mate

Default Con towers

Its the 651 thats fine. The one that starts with x2 missiles. Just for info Ive removed all mods and still has the same problem. Im not sure of the version. Ive got latest updates but apart from that Im not too sure...

Ill have a crack at the below and let you know how iy goes. I had the same on the Foxtrot / November duo. Foxtrot worked Nov didnt. That case it was a conflicting Upc Dat name which fixed it.

BTW thanks for amazing models. Great subs.
Old 08-24-10, 02:09 PM   #39
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

just managed to dot the following: I Changed the Unitparts - Numbers of 10 Subs of mine to the following : 11,21,31,41,51,61,71,81,91,101. This way i can load these subs in the right order with jsgme and they`re all playable without the connings missing. So it seems that the SHIV engine uses a binary counting system for numbers higher than 10. this explains, why the connings are often missing while the filework seems alright. The Foxtrot + November Mod has originally the number 8 designatet to the Nov i think 18 to the foxtrot. Therefore the fox was complete while the November`s sail was missing as the system did accept only one No.8 Item and than checked, which file comes first-> 641 counts higher than 627.
However this is just a theory, but it works at my computer.
Old 08-24-10, 02:13 PM   #40
TorpexXIII
Electrician's Mate

Default ...

Ahh man Im afraid you may have lost me just slightly there...

I think I know what you mean and will attempt it now.

Ill let you know the results...

Im going to try the 636 first which originally has the number 18636..what should I change that to?
Old 08-24-10, 02:43 PM   #41
TorpexXIII
Electrician's Mate

Default ***

Yup my understaning of what you meant was correct Im now the proud owner of the Russian subs.

The 636 and its diesel smoke??!!! Amazing touch.

Thanks for all your help.

Love these subs, love this site, love the guys and gals on it.

MUCH LOVE! XXX

PS Any list like the below for American / British or other subs??

**** For anyone else that does this remember your original stock subs. Ive just renumbered them and lost my original conning towers. Remember to start the numbers after your original subs IE if theres 8 originals start 91 101 111 etc ****

Ive got them back by renaming them stuff like 21foxtrot or 11kilo etc

Last edited by TorpexXIII; 08-24-10 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-24-10, 03:55 PM   #42
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

damn, it works! Yeah!

There should be some links to the (Old) seawolf, the nautilus and the permit somewhere ive posted some time ago in here. Enjoy your new Polodnaya Lodkas, Towarisch!
Old 08-24-10, 07:12 PM   #43
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
just managed to dot the following: I Changed the Unitparts - Numbers of 10 Subs of mine to the following : 11,21,31,41,51,61,71,81,91,101. This way i can load these subs in the right order with jsgme and they`re all playable without the connings missing. So it seems that the SHIV engine uses a binary counting system for numbers higher than 10. this explains, why the connings are often missing while the filework seems alright. The Foxtrot + November Mod has originally the number 8 designatet to the Nov i think 18 to the foxtrot. Therefore the fox was complete while the November`s sail was missing as the system did accept only one No.8 Item and than checked, which file comes first-> 641 counts higher than 627.
However this is just a theory, but it works at my computer.
That problem can be eliminated entirely by combing the conning tower files with the hull files, thus negating the need for the UnitParts file(s).

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 02:56 AM   #44
TorpexXIII
Electrician's Mate

Default Combing

How do I comb the conning tower files?
Old 08-25-10, 03:59 AM   #45
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Combining files

Already thought about it. I saw it on the Class 205 U-boat. I think, i´ll give it a try. How`s the Nautilus doing?