SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-05-21, 06:14 PM   #256
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\MODS]

100 TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH Revised Final
110 Nav Map MakeOverTMOUpdate
120 NavMapMakeOverTMOUpdatePatch
130 AlliedShipsTMO
140 ShipsforTMO
150 EAX_Sound_Sim_SH4
160 TMO2_different_smoke_and_splash_effects
170 IJN_Radar_Fix_2
200 DecoysTMO
210 RestoreSDRadarFromStart
220 AAtoDeckguns+Radio
800 TMO_BH_Fixes_MTB (date and eqp fixes)
Hey Marco,

Well done on that highlighted fix, glad my files and explainations got you sorted!!!
Old 12-05-21, 07:04 PM   #257
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Hey Marco,

Well done on that highlighted fix, glad my files and explanations got you sorted!!!
YES!!!
i am getting a real feel for some of those errors. thank you for your mentorship!
although, some of them still throw me round the bend.
such as these, which are not only counter-intuitive but also a b!tch to figure out and resolve.
i know where to look and what to look for but i'll d@mned if i can resolve them.

--CHECK-- AirLndOrdSeaSub:
DB_ALOSS.csv Line 20:
AFB_P51_Mustang;C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\data\Air\AFB_P51 _Mustang\AFB_P51_Mustang.cfg;==Not Found==
ALB_PB4Y - "LBBPB4Y" - "304" (Air) ==not (or Err) in Roster==
LAB_LargeAirBaseIt - "LargeAirBaseIt" - "406" (Land) ==not (or Err) in Roster==
LAB_NormalAirBaseIt - "NormalAirBaseIt" - "406" (Land) ==not (or Err) in Roster==
LAB_SmallAirBaseIt - "SmallAirBaseIt" - "406" (Land) ==not (or Err) in Roster==
DB_ALOSS.csv Line 106:
NAGB;C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\data\Sea\NAGB\NAGB.cfg;==No t Found==
NSS_Darter - "SSDarter" - "17" (Sea) ==not (or Err) in Roster==
DB_ALOSS.csv Line 330:
PB10X;C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\data\Sea\PB10X\PB10X.cfg;= =Not Found==
DB_ALOSS.csv Line 336:
Target1;C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\data\Sea\Target1\Target1 .cfg;==Not Found==
DB_ALOSS.csv Line 337:
Target2;C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\data\Sea\Target2\Target2 .cfg;==Not Found==
AuxSubchaser;C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\data\Sea\AuxSubchas er\AuxSubchaser.sns;==Line:32 "[Sensor 6]" Sequential Order==

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 07:16 PM   #258
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
ok, so, we survived until August 42 and SJ Radar was installed on our Porpoise.

we put to see and no radar.

what can be amiss?

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\MODS]

100 TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH Revised Final
110 Nav Map MakeOverTMOUpdate
120 NavMapMakeOverTMOUpdatePatch
130 AlliedShipsTMO
140 ShipsforTMO
150 EAX_Sound_Sim_SH4
160 TMO2_different_smoke_and_splash_effects
170 IJN_Radar_Fix_2
200 DecoysTMO
210 RestoreSDRadarFromStart
220 AAtoDeckguns+Radio
800 TMO_BH_Fixes_MTB (date and eqp fixes)

I take it you got the SJ radar and then had a conning tower upgrade, which caused you to reinstall SJ radar and while equipped, it does not work?

Old stock and TMO bug where when game upgrades player sub it fouls up the radar, which I believe is mentioned in the readme file.

I have not been able to solve outside of changing upgrade dates (not in the version you are running, have done this in the WIP version I am currently tweaking) a "manual refit" , which involves editing a few files, seems complicated when first do it but actually fairly simple. which I am working on instructions for.

Best solution at this time, if want to salvage your career....is ( I presume you save and keep saves throughout career, for situations such as this) go back to previous IN PORT save, before you added SJ radar and I presume before the upgrade. If I recall the Porpoise upgrade date for conning tower is 6-26-42 or after, and SJ radar is available 6-1-1942. You will need to go back, and redo the patrol WITHOUT SJ radar and let the game upgrade the conning tower after the patrol, once the CT is upgraded, can add the SJ and will be fine...next CT upgrade is not until 1-26-43 so no worried until get close to that date. I will write up instructions on how to do the manual upgrade BEFORE the game upgrades it, how to change the dates, etc.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 05:16 AM   #259
astvitaliy1982
Lieutenant

Downloads: 532
Uploads: 0

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5964

привет, не работает ссылка ( Ship Pack for TMO (Required) )
astvitaliy1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 10:22 AM   #260
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Oh wow... that is broke... I wonder if Bubblehead1980 is updating things?... I get the "upset wife with the baseball bat swinging at the oblivious husband"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 11:03 AM   #261
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by astvitaliy1982 View Post

Okay need more information. When you click the download link here at subsim it takes you to this? Very strange if so.
Old 12-06-21, 11:26 AM   #262
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by astvitaliy1982 View Post

Click this: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5964

Do not copy and paste!

The link from the front page is fine, but the link has been copied and truncated. The link quoted has 'radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5964' in it, instead of the embedded link 'radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5964'
Old 12-06-21, 11:55 AM   #263
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
Click this: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5964

Do not copy and paste!

The link from the front page is fine, but the link has been copied and truncated. The link quoted has 'radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5964' in it, instead of the embedded link 'radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5964'
Thanks! Was difficult to catch this on my phone.
Old 12-06-21, 03:51 PM   #264
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I take it you got the SJ radar and then had a conning tower upgrade, which caused you to reinstall SJ radar and while equipped, it does not work?

Old stock and TMO bug where when game upgrades player sub it fouls up the radar, which I believe is mentioned in the readme file.

I have not been able to solve outside of changing upgrade dates (not in the version you are running, have done this in the WIP version I am currently tweaking) a "manual refit" , which involves editing a few files, seems complicated when first do it but actually fairly simple. which I am working on instructions for.

Best solution at this time, if want to salvage your career....is ( I presume you save and keep saves throughout career, for situations such as this) go back to previous IN PORT save, before you added SJ radar and I presume before the upgrade. If I recall the Porpoise upgrade date for conning tower is 6-26-42 or after, and SJ radar is available 6-1-1942. You will need to go back, and redo the patrol WITHOUT SJ radar and let the game upgrade the conning tower after the patrol, once the CT is upgraded, can add the SJ and will be fine...next CT upgrade is not until 1-26-43 so no worried until get close to that date. I will write up instructions on how to do the manual upgrade BEFORE the game upgrades it, how to change the dates, etc.
ok, thanks for the fix.
unfortunately, i cannot go back as that save file has been deleted.
i wonder if i can unload the SJ, save, exit, re-enter, reload, and then upgrade. do you think: a. can it be done? and b. will it fix the problem?

LAA enabled
Old 12-06-21, 04:02 PM   #265
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
ok, thanks for the fix.
unfortunately, i cannot go back as that save file has been deleted.
i wonder if i can unload the SJ, save, exit, re-enter, reload, and then upgrade. do you think: a. can it be done? and b. will it fix the problem?

Ah. Exactly why I keep all my in port saves just prior to departing patrol throughout my career, never know if need to go back since SH 4 is so touchy sometimes. Learned this after losing a great career due to this same bug and another in Tambor due to gun positions not showing up properly after upgrade.

Well there is no way I know of to remove the SJ radar when sim is running (always thought it was silly you can only add equipment to the slots, not remove) but perhaps could try to edit it from the ActivePlayerUnit, if you are familiar with editing those files. That is how I was able to refit my Salmon class after conning tower upgrade in 1943 did not give me the gun slots.

Would also need to return the conning tower to the previous version. Save, reload, end patrol, save again. Then exit go back to the activeplayerunit, add the new conning tower, save. Start SH 4 back up, then add the SJ radar and start a patrol to see if it works.
Old 12-06-21, 05:12 PM   #266
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Ah. Exactly why I keep all my in port saves just prior to departing patrol throughout my career, never know if need to go back since SH 4 is so touchy sometimes. Learned this after losing a great career due to this same bug and another in Tambor due to gun positions not showing up properly after upgrade.

Well there is no way I know of to remove the SJ radar when sim is running (always thought it was silly you can only add equipment to the slots, not remove) but perhaps could try to edit it from the ActivePlayerUnit, if you are familiar with editing those files. That is how I was able to refit my Salmon class after conning tower upgrade in 1943 did not give me the gun slots.

Would also need to return the conning tower to the previous version. Save, reload, end patrol, save again. Then exit go back to the activeplayerunit, add the new conning tower, save. Start SH 4 back up, then add the SJ radar and start a patrol to see if it works.
yeah, well, i am a couple of missions past the upgrade so no radar for us.

and.......you mention above that i would need to revert back to the early conning tower.
that is more complex than i can say. i've had some bad experiences trying to fix the conning tower upgrade issues in the past and one way to screw up a career is to try and revert.

however, i have a counter-counteroffer to your counteroffer. have you read the Dark Waters documentation on the automatic upgrade problem and when it hits we have to perform some fairly counterintuitive things? i wonder if that fix might not work in this situation. Start a new career in July/August 1942 with the same boat using the same base and then copy-paste my old crew into the new ActivePlayerUnit file. i think it could work. your thoughts?

LAA enabled
Old 12-06-21, 05:47 PM   #267
astvitaliy1982
Lieutenant

Downloads: 532
Uploads: 0

Большое спасибо)
astvitaliy1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 05:31 PM   #268
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
yeah, well, i am a couple of missions past the upgrade so no radar for us.

and.......you mention above that i would need to revert back to the early conning tower.
that is more complex than i can say. i've had some bad experiences trying to fix the conning tower upgrade issues in the past and one way to screw up a career is to try and revert.

however, i have a counter-counteroffer to your counteroffer. have you read the Dark Waters documentation on the automatic upgrade problem and when it hits we have to perform some fairly counterintuitive things? i wonder if that fix might not work in this situation. Start a new career in July/August 1942 with the same boat using the same base and then copy-paste my old crew into the new ActivePlayerUnit file. i think it could work. your thoughts?

I have not read the darkwaters guide. Your could try the copy and paste into a new career see if it works, that can get quite complicated and corrupt your file that because may not match other things in other files.
Old 12-07-21, 06:00 PM   #269
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I have not read the darkwaters guide. Your could try the copy and paste into a new career see if it works, that can get quite complicated and corrupt your file that because may not match other things in other files.
yes, it can.
well, we learned a long time ago that discretion is the better part of valor.
so we write this episode off as new technology that breaks down a lot, which it did in 1942.
maybe i wait for mission-next when i am offered an upgrade to a newer boat and i take the offer and get surface detection radar with the new boat.

LAA enabled
Old 12-07-21, 06:42 PM   #270
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
yes, it can.
well, we learned a long time ago that discretion is the better part of valor.
so we write this episode off as new technology that breaks down a lot, which it did in 1942.
maybe i wait for mission-next when i am offered an upgrade to a newer boat and i take the offer and get surface detection radar with the new boat.

Well that can work. Necessary as radar is, especially in later half of the war with the convoys, it is sometimes more fun to not have it. Can still do pretty well in early period of war without it. Also, perhaps consider it training for having the real life discretion of US submarines, because in forthcoming version of TMO, some land based radar units and observation posts/naval bases will have radar detection as well as aircraft and a few later in war.

I do wish I could have had the work around etc ready for this release but at time of release it was not a sure thing. I have it ironed out now, not a fix, but a work around so player avoid the issues you suffered.