SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-21, 11:10 AM   #1
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3
Default Akula HUD-Campaign-VoiceAttackPack

Russian HUD mod updated to Dot mod version VS210819F uploaded to Subsim downloads section

Side note...regarding HELM controls, these builds are for wide screen res, so you may have to edit it for your own preference.

This build is based off DOT which credits and contributors can be found here:

DotMod Mega Addon Pack by Goldmastersimulations

DMC (HUD) (by @Steel Shark)

Build version of this addon's baseline is on the splash screen

Included is are VOICE ATTACK profiles which enables 'voice commanding' of submarines in ColdWaters(must have Voice Attack Paid Version to use them)

Changelog:
Created 4 separate akula classes with dedicated loadouts and tube calibre's.Akula 1,Akula Imp EARLY,Akula Imp LATE,Akula II
Akula Imp's and Akula 2 have 14 tubes (internal and external)
Aklula 1 now has mgk-500 Scat while akula imp,akula 2 use mgk-540 scat 3
Added mg-104 Brosok decoys internal and external tube positions(akula imp's use vls slot for internals)
Added wire guidence to 65-76 torps(wiki says so)and adjusted speed and distance
Added 65-65A torpedeo and readjusted warheads to 65-76 450kg 65-76 557kg wiki says so (I "think" that's correct?)
Added ugst_Futlyar 60kt torpedeo
Akula's,Sierra's,Victor's,and kilo's have custom huds,TAC,Scope view's
La class SSN have custom TAC,Scope view's
Added 3 Akula dedicated campaign's for "Tigr"1994,"Pantera"2007 and "Vepr"2017 (work in progress...I only did intro edits for events)
Integrated 2004 campaign by that_person

DOWNLOAD HERE:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5933

Reuploaded Aug26th

Last edited by Badger343rd; 08-26-21 at 11:16 AM.
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-21, 01:28 PM   #2
Badger343rd
Loader

opps...forgot something...sorry about that got files everywhere and missed some...reuploading

Last edited by Badger343rd; 08-24-21 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-25-21, 09:06 PM   #3
Coral
Seaman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default Akula HUD-Campaign-VoiceAttackPack

Need some help on installing the files that go with this mod.

I have already installed the DOT mega mod and the new 2004 campaign addition.

With respect to the "override", folder, do we keep that name or change the name like I did for the 2004 campaign addition?

In the showcase folder, where do all of the png files go?

I have not yet looked at the two vap files. How are they different? Also, they are made for what appears to be a 1680x1050 screen I have a 1920x1080 screen so I guess I will have to change some things to make the coordinates correct.
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 03:47 AM   #4
goldmastersims
Bosun

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Need some help on installing the files that go with this mod.

I have already installed the DOT mega mod and the new 2004 campaign addition.

With respect to the "override", folder, do we keep that name or change the name like I did for the 2004 campaign addition?

In the showcase folder, where do all of the png files go?

I have not yet looked at the two vap files. How are they different? Also, they are made for what appears to be a 1680x1050 screen I have a 1920x1080 screen so I guess I will have to change some things to make the coordinates correct.
I wouldn't use DMC or Mega Addon combined with this mod.

2004 campaign and the 1994 Akula campaign are campaign006, which means they conflict with each other.

The new HUD files aren't consistent with DMC and Mega Addon. The colors for the bottom left panel's text colors are like DMC (HUD) 1.a, which is red, while DMC (HUD) 1.e is yellow.

This addon should be used with a new override standalone.
goldmastersims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 08:16 AM   #5
Badger343rd
Loader

This is an earlier version of Dot mega, so it just needs DOT...(so just drop in the override folder on a dot install)The showcase folder is just screens of what the mod does .I'll update as dot/mega evolves but it changes almost daily so I'll wait for more core changes to occur before up dating...however I did notice a small error in the tiger campaign which I fixed yesterday so I'll upload it today...as a result, this newer upload will also have the 2004 campaign as I installed it on my system before discovering the error. So its a good thing. I'll begin the upload as soon as I post this. There are also updated voice attack profiles as well. ETA about 10 minutes from this posting.

@Coral yes SOME will have to be adjusted to fit your res.There's a reference image in profile folder explaining commands "VOICE COMMAND REFERENCE SHEET.jpg"

Last edited by Badger343rd; 08-26-21 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-26-21, 09:55 AM   #6
Coral
Seaman

Downloads: 142

Badger343rd.

I have an existing Override folder. Do I combine your new Override folder with my existing Override folder from the DMC megamod ver 1.e?
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 10:16 AM   #7
Badger343rd
Loader

No ...its one or the other...I posted this in discord

"I saw it and answered...thanks for the heads up...yeah its a drop the"override into the install" thing, like all override procedures.Just keep in mind I'm gonna be lagging in the versions as they change faster than I do...it's a double edge sword as some versions have errors and others don't ...so by lagging the akula pack may have errors ,...or not...depending on the dot/mega builds"

you can simply rename your override folder to something and "test" the Akula pack out .Then decide if you wanna use it or not.

I hope its clear now?

Last edited by Badger343rd; 08-26-21 at 10:25 AM.